Nike Mac Attack - McEnroes forgotten gem

I'm curious though why they didn't keep the original name of Mac Attack?
Originally I thought it was maybe they couldn't get McEnroe rights or something but if he can be ads you'd think they can use the name.

Unless there's been a patent on the word by McDonald's or something lol.

If these sell out and turn out to be a hit, you have to admit this is some good marketing from Nike, without even doing too much. Giving OG tennis fans and heads what they want while clashing it with someone that speaks to todays young sneaker enthusiasts. Don’t like it, but from a standpoint of making sure your product sales you can’t blame them 🤷🏾‍♂️

Travis Scott put out an Air Trainer, and you could still get the OG chlorophyll on sale (at least in my size 9). Same with the Air Max 1, the model didn’t instantly start selling out just because he was associated with it.

That said, with this being the first retro ever of this shoe, it could be tough to grab, even without the TS association.

Last edited:
Travis Scott put out an Air Trainer, and you could still get the OG chlorophyll on sale (at least in my size). Same with the Air Max 1, the model didn’t instantly start selling out just because he was associated with it.

That said, with this being the first retro ever of this shoe, it could be tough to grab, even without the TS association.
I'm worried because I'm a size 12 and that sold fastest on the chlorophylls. I think smaller sizes will be fine.

June 23rd is release date.

D44F932A-0330-43E0-B21B-8F268C659DED.jpeg

Son is playing tennis with his shoes untied? :rolleyes

Wow, was the shirt in stock before you posted?

Just curious being that only one is left lol
You have to use the dropdown to see what sizes are actually in stock, but they have been mostly out of stock in popular sizes. They have that one in Medium. They have other Nike/Mac inspired shirts.

Travis Scott put out an Air Trainer, and you could still get the OG chlorophyll on sale (at least in my size 9). Same with the Air Max 1, the model didn’t instantly start selling out just because he was associated with it.

Also, this is an actual photo ad with John McEnroe himself, and he's wearing the shoe, not a TS version of it. I don't recall anything like that for past TS releases.

Yea, the whole photo shoot with mcenroe and Travis Scott is definitely Nike trying hard to push these.

From reading the posts it seems like they made a short movie or video.

Back
Top Bottom