Nike Mac Attack - McEnroes forgotten gem

I always wear my new shoes around the house a few times to start the “break in” process. Not sure how people are wearing these untied? They feel so much better “snugged” up.
IMG_2260.jpeg
IMG_2259.jpeg

Their moc toe is notoriously narrow to the point that most people have to get a 2E. Once broken in, they are some of the best work boots you can buy, IMO.

Thorogoods notoriously narrow? Never heard that before and I've been in Thorogoods for 10 years. Softest quality leather on any workboot out of the box, and easiest break-in of any boots I've ever owned, and I went through a boot phase. Maybe you're thinking of Red Wing Mocs?

Thorogoods notoriously narrow? Never heard that before and I've been in Thorogoods for 10 years. Softest quality leather on any workboot out of the box, and easiest break-in of any boots I've ever owned, and I went through a boot phase. Maybe you're thinking of Red Wing Mocs?
No, I’ve never tried Red Wing’s. I got my first pair of Thorogood’s 4 years ago in the moc toe (8”). After my feet hurt the first day I looked on Reddit, and it was post after post of people talking about having to get wides for the first time in their life. I wore mine without the insole for a long time before I could comfortably have it back in. My next pair was a “2E” and there’s no discomfort at all. You are correct about the leather on them being the softest.

No, I’ve never tried Red Wing’s. I got my first pair of Thorogood’s 4 years ago in the moc toe (8”). After my feet hurt the first day I looked on Reddit, and it was post after post of people talking about having to get wides for the first time in their life. I wore mine without the insole for a long time before I could comfortably have it back in. My next pair was a “2E” and there’s no discomfort at all. You are correct about the leather on them being the softest.

Might be the Moc Toe. I switched to the 8" Heritage Round Toe after my first pair and haven't looked back.

I don't know. Maybe it's the way I walk or the shape my my heel/ankle, but I'm kinda worthless with untied shoes unless they're Huaraches or Gel Lyte 5's. Even tied up I get some heel slip and rub. We're all different.
There is a bit of an art if you’re going untied. I lace them loser as I move up and then do the last eyelet outside in for security on the top of the shoe (or a small behind the tongue tie). If you don’t lock down high on the ankle at all you’ll get the heel slip as your foot pushes thru the tongue.

Still never understood the wild untied look if there’s no elastic tongue. Can’t walk like that.

Sixth day in a row wearing these 🤌
Not that it needed much, but the upper has broken in nicely.
Tried to put a pair of more cushy aftermarket insoles in em but lol the footbed is too narrow and the insole won’t sit all the way down in em.

IMG_7820.jpeg

Sixth day in a row wearing these 🤌
Not that it needed much, but the upper has broken in nicely.
Tried to put a pair of more cushy aftermarket insoles in em but lol the footbed is too narrow and the insole won’t sit all the way down in em.

IMG_7820.jpeg

10405225_1.jpg

Haha yah I would but I’m using the Gameday insoles with the arch support shank

Back
Top Bottom