NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

you and me both fam :smh:

That makes three of us. Took a break from shoes for a few years and picked up CrossFit about a year and a half ago. Needless to say, the collision of new and old had not been good on my wallet. Volts, Black, and Camo are in the current rotation and I'll be adding at least the Grey/Gum in the coming months. Have had Lagoon Blue and Red in my posession, but flipped them to friends.

That makes three of us. Took a break from shoes for a few years and picked up CrossFit about a year and a half ago. Needless to say, the collision of new and old had not been good on my wallet. Volts, Black, and Camo are in the current rotation and I'll be adding at least the Grey/Gum in the coming months. Have had Lagoon Blue and Red in my posession, but flipped them to friends.

So are your blacks and camo the same size and fit?

So are your blacks and camo the same size and fit?

Have only had the camos on for about 2 seconds, so I really couldn't sat definitively. Threw them on to see how they looked last night, and then they went back in the box. Will report back as soon as I knock out a WOD in them.

Finally got a chance to squat heavy in these and while not as solid as my Romaleos (obviously) these felt so much better than my Nano's ever did under load. Worked up to a 315 FS (90% 1rm) and felt super stable and didn't feel like I needed to switch to my Oly's. Definitely impressed.

Just gotta figure out to do with all my Nano's now.,.

Finally got a chance to squat heavy in these and while not as solid as my Romaleos (obviously) these felt so much better than my Nano's ever did under load. Worked up to a 315 FS (90% 1rm) and felt super stable and didn't feel like I needed to switch to my Oly's. Definitely impressed.

Just gotta figure out to do with all my Nano's now.,.
I feel ya!! Now I have no use for my 13 pairs of nano's as well. I was also very pleased with how stable I felt in the Metcon's. Nike has changed the game for sure when it comes to crossfit footwear. 

Have only had the camos on for about 2 seconds, so I really couldn't sat definitively. Threw them on to see how they looked last night, and then they went back in the box. Will report back as soon as I knock out a WOD in them.

Sports emporium of statesboro in Georgia has the Reds in stock. Nothing small than a 10.5 though. Their phone number is 912-764-4449. Just a heads up for the ones looking for them.

Thanks for the info..they only ship in Georgia

I want to say thank you to the person that mentioned the sports basement in walnut creek. I was able to place on hold and then buy the last pair of 10.5 in the camo color way ( Nike officially named it the Metcon 1 AMP). I Already had the black MC1 and I love the shoe. To those that mentioned that the toe box mesh is differnt, they are right. The AMP toe box mesh is a bit thicker in feel. the best part was I was able to use my military discount!
Thank you all!

Those AMP's look sick!  This forum is awesome, thank you guys for helping us *newbs* out  :smile:  I have another account from when I was addicted to Nike SB's, but forgot all the sign in credentials.  It's all coming back to me now on how much $$$ this place cost me in shoes!

I want to say thank you to the person that mentioned the sports basement in walnut creek. I was able to place on hold and then buy the last pair of 10.5 in the camo color way ( Nike officially named it the Metcon 1 AMP). I Already had the black MC1 and I love the shoe. To those that mentioned that the toe box mesh is differnt, they are right. The AMP toe box mesh is a bit thicker in feel. the best part was I was able to use my military discount!
Thank you all!
i mentioned sports basment in walnut creek for the reds didnt know they had the camos, oh well atleast i was able get a pair from ndc

i mentioned sports basment in walnut creek for the reds didnt know they had the camos, oh well atleast i was able get a pair from ndc
No matter what, you get the assist. The lady said I grabbed the last 10.5. She even said that they brought additional shoes from other stores and they sold out in a few hours.

Eastbay/ champs sports/ footlocker and Footaction all pull from the same inventory

Last edited:
Eastbay/ champs sports/ footlocker and Footaction all pull from the same inventory

I wouldn't trust any of these retailers, I had originally ordered a pair of the Orange/Grey back in early FEB. There was no mention of backorder, after many weeks & many chats with customer service they ended up canceling my order because they claim their stock never came in. GL to anyone trying to order from these guys!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom