NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

What Nike shorts are ya'll wearing for Cross Fit/HIIT workouts?  I want something with a shorter inseam and wider leg.. my Nike Training shorts now are too long and I'm always pulling them up.

Sorry for the OT.. but need to get some fresh shorts to thrash with my Metcons  :smile:

This won't be everyone's cup of tea, but being a former runner, I've been making pretty good use of my old 7" and 9" Nike running shorts. I also love the Nike dri fit 2.0 shorts but they're a bit longer (sometimes they feel too long). Like I said, I don't think everyone would enjoy the running shorts but I'd recommend them, especially if you catch a sale online or at your local running store. They performed great for me in two consecutive days of competition this weekend.

I know this is a metcon thread but does any one know how these stack up against the Free Trainer 5.0 v6. Deciding whether to go with the Persian Violet Metcon or Free Trainer.

I really like my Daring Red Metcons but have always had a soft spot for the FT.
I can make a case for both in crossfit.  I did a workout with pull ups/double unders/hspu and ghd and felt the v6s were perfect for that workout.  If the workout has a barbell (squats, cj, snatch, etc), the metcons are going to be better.  Rope climbs, obviously metcon.  The metcons are heavier, sturdier and with the new mesh more durable.  The V6s are a few ounces lighter and better for bodyweight, running, box jumps, double unders etc.  Ultimately the metcons can do everything you need them to do, and the V6s do some things that I mentioned better than the metcons, but lacks the stability and sole firmness of the metcon in barbell movements.

All around, if you had to only own one of those 2, the metcon is easily the best all around shoe.  But if you can swing both you would find both useful in crossfit.

I type in the item number and it shows the daring reds and blacks. Are you going to be getting those in as well?
Blacks were the first colors we released and sold out. Daring reds will be sometime soon within the next couple of weeks but can't say exactly when. They hit our DC's but that's as far I can get for visibility. I can only update when we're about to get them live.

What Nike shorts are ya'll wearing for Cross Fit/HIIT workouts?  I want something with a shorter inseam and wider leg.. my Nike Training shorts now are too long and I'm always pulling them up.

Sorry for the OT.. but need to get some fresh shorts to thrash with my Metcons  :smile:
I wear Lululemon and Reebok shorts to Crossfit in. 

The Nike Fly 1.0 shorts were perfect.  I still wear the 2.0 but I have to flip the waistband on the 2.0 because they feel about an inch longer.  Probably have 20 pairs.

Lately Ive really been liking the Redline  gear shorts.  They are pricey but def durable and functional.

Blacks were the first colors we released and sold out. Daring reds will be sometime soon within the next couple of weeks but can't say exactly when. They hit our DC's but that's as far I can get for visibility. I can only update when we're about to get them live.
That is great to hear, thank you for the update and the information.  I had the opportunity to get the Daring Reds a couple of times and now I'm pissed I slept on them.

Check out Skypax

You sure it's not 1
I wear Lululemon and Reebok shorts to Crossfit in. 

Best shorts for cross training or Crossfit besides Lululemon shorts are the Nike flex-repel shorts. Extremely pricey at $100 a pop, but if you can get them at discount, get a pair! The inseam has a perfect length at 8" and they're stretchy just like lululemon shorts. I have a couple pairs of them that I'm letting go for cheap on eBay, size XL-grey and Small-charcoal.

Anyone have any idea about a women's release/what Lauren Fisher's exclusive cw might be?

She said on her instagram July I believe. No doubt with the Frasers right before the games or something.

I saw her post on Twitter too, but was wondering about anyone being privy to potential colorways. Thanks for the response tho.

I can make a case for both in crossfit.  I did a workout with pull ups/double unders/hspu and ghd and felt the v6s were perfect for that workout.  If the workout has a barbell (squats, cj, snatch, etc), the metcons are going to be better.  Rope climbs, obviously metcon.  The metcons are heavier, sturdier and with the new mesh more durable.  The V6s are a few ounces lighter and better for bodyweight, running, box jumps, double unders etc.  Ultimately the metcons can do everything you need them to do, and the V6s do some things that I mentioned better than the metcons, but lacks the stability and sole firmness of the metcon in barbell movements.

All around, if you had to only own one of those 2, the metcon is easily the best all around shoe.  But if you can swing both you would find both useful in crossfit.

Good synopsis, thanks for that.

@RJK444, one final question. I know the metcon has stability in its favour but in terms of arch support what is it like on the v6 vs Metcons and is the sizing the same?

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread!

Thanks

Last edited:
Just checked my shipping dates, and the metcons have been updated to a 5/4 appointment date.... so they we ill not receive until then.

This is for the Persian Vio, and the Dove/Gum.

-Fresh 

Back
Top Bottom