NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

tangentially relevant, but I guess Reebok did a full buyout of MMA sponsorship and are forcing their gear on the fighters/crews since it's worked with crossfit ... public reaction/perception not going so well ...

reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/3e4vts/stitch_duran_fired_by_ufc_for_antireebok_comments/

I remember buying my uforms and feeling gross. :lol:. Just couldn't work out in frees anymore.

Glad the metcons came out. Slowly getting rid of all the reebok stuff i have. Down to 3 pairs of Nanos, gave away the pair I just got for volunteering.

Don't know how the UFC and CF fall for the Adidas/Reebok contract. Didn't they learn from the NBA and NFL. Thy make tons of promises and fall short. They tried to pull this stunt in the NFL, luckily the NFLPA stepped in to kill that nonsense. Unfortunately UFC fighters and Elite CF'ers don't have unions and this is affecting their bottom line.

Sucks for the athletes since this limits endorsement opportunities.

Yea if dirty Dan or any of the fellas can do an inventory of exclusive games shirts I'd def be down to purchase! Good luck to those competing, working, volunteering, and supporting!

I'd be stoked if someone could help me out with a games shirt!! PM me!!

First, apologies if this isn't the right place to post this. If I need to start a new thread LMK. But since everyone here seems to belong to a box you may have some good input.

I tore the meniscus in my left knee, it's small and after a week is already feeling better. So it doesn't look like I'm going to need surgery which is awesome, but I do need to take it easy over the next 4 weeks or so and let it heal properly. So I'm going to have to be created with substituting movements in WODs or coming up with different stuff all together. I need to be creative so I don't get bored repeating the same stuff over and over and was looking for suggestions for movements. I'm not supposed to put any weight on it and refrain from bending it as much as possible, I have a brace the doc gave me to limit my movement.

So far this week I've done or come up with:

Seated Shoulder Press

Single arm seated DB/KB Press

Bench Press

One legged Push-ups (Put the weight on my right leg)

Pulls-ups (Just have to be careful to drop down to my right leg)

One legged row (have a skateboard to place my injured leg on as I row)

Arms only airdyne

Sit-ups

V-Ups 

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Last edited:
First, apologies if this isn't the right place to post this. If I need to start a new thread LMK. But since everyone here seems to belong to a box you may have some good input.

I tore the meniscus in my left knee, it's small and after a week is already feeling better. So it doesn't look like I'm going to need surgery which is awesome, but I do need to take it easy over the next 4 weeks or so and let it heal properly. So I'm going to have to be created with substituting movements in WODs or coming up with different stuff all together. I need to be creative so I don't get bored repeating the same stuff over and over and was looking for suggestions for movements. I'm not supposed to put any weight on it and refrain from bending it as much as possible, I have a brace the doc gave me to limit my movement.

So far this week I've done or come up with:

Seated Shoulder Press
Single arm seated DB/KB Press
Bench Press
One legged Push-ups (Put the weight on my right leg)
Pulls-ups (Just have to be careful to drop down to my right leg)
One legged row (have a skateboard to place my injured leg on as I row)
Arms only airdyne
Sit-ups
V-Ups 

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Swimming straight legged, Assault bike with arms only, ab/core work with out major leg recruitment, and mobility exercises.

Don't push too hard, because tendon/ligament injuries in the knee are like a "cancer," per say: they tend to seep into other facets of movement (i.e., other ligament injuries, hip stabilization, ankle mobility, etc.).

Heat, e-stim, and cold baths (not ice), are crucial as well.

Best of luck; stay motivated.

If they didn't have a one pair limit I would. But I picked up a pair for a friend.
Thanks. If you drove there drop it off at your car and have someone else ring you up lol. I had to do this 3 time to get friends the LF cw. They see so many people a day they don't keep track. If its to much of a hassle dont worry

Last edited:
Thanks. If you drove there drop it off at your car and have someone else ring you up lol. I had to do this 3 time to get friends the LF cw.

They have a sales manager at the front of the line. Once you get to the front he calls a sales associate to grab your size. Maybe later in the afternoon they'll be less strict.

Back
Top Bottom