***NIKE MLB 2012***NEW THREAD

Originally Posted by UGK4Life

Originally Posted by brewcrew17

^sucks for the Cards they open their season up here in MKE..
wink.gif
laugh.gif

are Cardinal fans still fans of Pujohls? Just asking since Prince left the Brewers and I really don't have much respect for him anymore (and not just because he left milwaukee)
your in milwaukee.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

but yea i wasnt to upset that Prince left us b.c we all knew it was going to happen anyways.

-Tyler
Milwaukee unite 

Are the Cardinals getting rid of the all navy caps they wear on the road? From the looks of photos and game highlights I've watched, they're using the all red cap with their home and aways. I hope they keep the Sunday navy with red bill though, that was is clean.

Now that Winter is back in the Northeast, I am able to wear this underneath my jersey.
It is basically the hyperwarm only tighter. This is a size XXXL

Originally Posted by SinnerP

x1000.jpg
Several things

1) Griffey sneakers on a playing field? I hope they were just practicing.
2) Both A's and Mariners wearing batting jerseys against the Japanese teams?
tired.gif
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
Be respectful and wear your authentic uniforms please.
3) Upset at MLB and any other provider not showing these games even though it was 3am on the east coast. They show the most boring spring training games, the least they could have done is show one game from Japan against the Japanese teams.

Originally Posted by zachATTACK0803

Originally Posted by UGK4Life

Originally Posted by brewcrew17

^sucks for the Cards they open their season up here in MKE..
wink.gif
laugh.gif

are Cardinal fans still fans of Pujohls? Just asking since Prince left the Brewers and I really don't have much respect for him anymore (and not just because he left milwaukee)
your in milwaukee.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

but yea i wasnt to upset that Prince left us b.c we all knew it was going to happen anyways.

-Tyler
Milwaukee unite 
I'm like a half hour away from Milwaukee too.

Originally Posted by chezzer10

Several things

tired.gif
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
3) Upset at MLB and any other provider not showing these games even though it was 3am on the east coast. They show the most boring spring training games, the least they could have done is show one game from Japan against the Japanese teams.
That was for practice. Dustin wore these during the game...
1000x.jpg

And I see what you're saying about the BP jerseys, but for the MLB, I guess they have a policy of using the authentics for only reg. season games.  

I guess, say for example the M's had a new authentic for the 2012 season.  They'd probably want to debut it on the official Opening Day, rather than in a preseason exo or spring training game.  They make a big deal out of those things (like new unis), so if they're gonna show it off, they'd want to do it for a "real" game.  No disrespect to the JPN teams, of course. I see what you're saying, but I can also see the view from the teams. 

SinnerP wrote:
And I see what you're saying about the BP jerseys, but for the MLB, I guess they have a policy of using the authentics for only reg. season games.  

Yankees, Tigers, Cardinals all wear their normal gamers for the most part during Spring Training. Twins, Dodgers, Braves & Orioles have all brought out their home set.
With regards to the St. Louis navy road hat, the Cards prefer to wear their home lid with both uniforms during Spring Training. Unless I missed some news, the roadie will reappear in a couple weeks.

Several things

tired.gif
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
That was for practice. Dustin wore these during the game...
1000x.jpg

I guess, say for example the M's had a new authentic for the 2012 season.  They'd probably want to debut it on the official Opening Day, rather than in a preseason exo or spring training game.  They make a big deal out of those things (like new unis), so if they're gonna show it off, they'd want to do it for a "real" game.  No disrespect to the JPN teams, of course. I see what you're saying, but I can also see the view from the teams. 
I agree but the A's have nothing to show this year so they could have dressed up in their own authentics. I remember the Yankees wearing their home jerseys a couple of years ago when they went to Japan and boy did the people of Japan go crazy. I just feel as a team you honor your team and your organization by wearing what made you who you are. I think MLB needs to rethink this and uniform them correctly. It almost looks like they wore softball jerseys to the world series. Not a classy move but hey I am a stickler for that other people may not care but if Japan is showing us their best then we should go in head first and not only play the best but look the best as well.

^ Both the M's and A's don't have new jersey's for this season... but I was just guessing there was an MLB policy.

Do the Yankees, Tigers & Cardinals have normal ST tops? I think they do, right?

^ Both the M's and A's don't have new jersey's for this season... but I was just guessing there was an MLB policy.

Every team has at least one spring top, the following teams have two:
Detroit (blue w/ white 'Tigers' script; blue w/ orange 'Tigers' script. Only team with two hats -- white D and orange D)

Baltimore (orange w/ black 'Orioles'; black w/ orange 'Baltimore')

San Diego (blue w/ gold 'Padres'; blue w/ silver 'Padres')

Boston (red w/ white 'Red Sox', blue w/ red 'Boston')

Yankees (blue w/ white 'NY' on left chest; blue w/ silver 'New York')

Interesting because the Yankees (though it's more often this year it seems), Tigers and Orioles rarely wear theirs.

I do find it ironic that there are people calling for the authentics with not a peep about the Japanese slapping corporate logos on helmets and sleeves. It's not as bad as swedish hockey, but still jarring.

Oh, also the games vs. Japanese teams are marketed as exhibitions. Hanshin played 21 men and Yomiuri 19 so I'm guessing they're going with expanded rosters as well.

I'm confident in saying SEA & OAK will be in their gamers come tomorrow.

^^^ Relax SinnerP, they're just Kobe VII. Unfortunately nothing to get excited about
frown.gif
. Hopefully we see a cleated version of the VII this year

Originally Posted by The Stoic Paisano

Every team has at least one spring top, the following teams have two:
Detroit (blue w/ white 'Tigers' script; blue w/ orange 'Tigers' script. Only team with two hats -- white D and orange D)

Baltimore (orange w/ black 'Orioles'; black w/ orange 'Baltimore')

San Diego (blue w/ gold 'Padres'; blue w/ silver 'Padres')

Boston (red w/ white 'Red Sox', blue w/ red 'Boston')

Yankees (blue w/ white 'NY' on left chest; blue w/ silver 'New York')

Interesting because the Yankees (though it's more often this year it seems), Tigers and Orioles rarely wear theirs.

I do find it ironic that there are people calling for the authentics with not a peep about the Japanese slapping corporate logos on helmets and sleeves. It's not as bad as swedish hockey, but still jarring.
This practice has been going on and it wasn't like they were told the day of. I mean if the Yankees didn't have an issue with slapping a Ricoh logo on their sleeve who am I to judge. Different way of life and culture over there in Japan and any other country including Sweden etc. What we may see as corporate greed etc .they see it as just business opportunity. I mean in a way that little Majestic logo on the end of jerseys is kind of slapping their brand (except the Yankees) only not to the extreme the way they do it. Just saying.

Originally Posted by huarachelover3215

^^^ Relax SinnerP, they're just Kobe VII. Unfortunately nothing to get excited about
frown.gif
. Hopefully we see a cleated version of the VII this year
laugh.gif
 I know they're VII's... The guys usually just wear the Nike Baseball trainers on the field during practice, so it's refreshing to see something different. 

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Had to and with the coupon it came out cheaper thanks man and btw probably the most comfortable undershirt so far

any place to get this cheaper? saw the tigers version the other day but damn the price was high
eek.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Cheaper? not really. BS is probably as low as you will find it.

^those are diamond elite 2's, I believe. Hopefully that means they're going to be retroed, those are by far my favorite batting gloves ever

Originally Posted by pokeyneil30

^those are diamond elite 2's, I believe. Hopefully that means they're going to be retroed, those are by far my favorite batting gloves ever

I can't find a pic but Justin Smoak was wearing a grey/navy colorway of the same batting gloves.  Hopefully they are retroed!

*EDIT* Here is a pic of Brendan Ryan wearing the same pair as Smoak.  Best pic I could find.

ap-201203280913331805778.jpg

Seth Smith also had the same pair that Jemile Weeks had.

Back
Top Bottom