Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

The limited availability of jerseys with patches is also a reason to pursue / like them more. There are swingmans and authentics with patches and they cost the same as in other stores, so it's not about showing you spent more. Still, as drisk34 drisk34 says, why does it matter?

Yeah - limited availability. That's the key right there isn't it? If you actually had to pay more for a jersey WITHOUT the logo, that's what people would be clamoring for, and I'd understand that more. IMO, the jerseys look cleaner without the corporate logos. I think the logos are all trash. No way I'd be caught dead wearing a logo that had absolutely nothing to do with the sport or player.

But again, if we're all gonna be honest and admit to wanting the patch because it's limited, then do you.

I could care less if its limited, or costs more or less with or without. Like you mentioned, i want it because thats what they wear on court. If what they wore on court didnt have a sponsor patch, then I wouldnt want it. Im not sure why it bothers you so much what other people want.

Does it look cleaner? Sure. But that doesnt change what I want and why.

Last edited:
Feels like this is an okay place to ask but is there a thread on here for people who collect/have NBA games on DVD? Couldn’t find one but the search on new NT mobile leaves a lot to be desired.

Yeah - limited availability. That's the key right there isn't it? If you actually had to pay more for a jersey WITHOUT the logo, that's what people would be clamoring for, and I'd understand that more. IMO, the jerseys look cleaner without the corporate logos. I think the logos are all trash. No way I'd be caught dead wearing a logo that had absolutely nothing to do with the sport or player.

But again, if we're all gonna be honest and admit to wanting the patch because it's limited, then do you.

Yeah, I could see people paying more for jerseys without the logo. I think there are some jerseys with which the sponsor logo works best. Magic / Disney, Cleveland / Goodyear, and Bucks / Harley.
As for wearing a logo/brand, there's people who like to wear the biggest logos whenever they can, matter of personal taste.

DFB5549B-9B49-4B19-950B-E2FFBED06D33.jpeg
Don’t know if it’s been talked about but saw the Biggie jersey in store the other day and had no clue it was a stitched swingman.

was it stitched on both sides? if so this has just become a major cop.

Yeah back was stitched as well. Sorry forgot to take a photo of it. This was at a HOH so was surprised to see it. If you look closely at the stock photo on Nike's site you can see that it's stitched.

Sad we gotta question a franchise’s intentions when rewarding us basketball fans with a discount on merch. :lol:

But yeah they likely gonna get new uniforms too with the move to a new gym. The current set is fine. But they should def have a yellow alternate full time. The earned ones they’ve been wearing are dope but you guys peer pressured me in tj not buying a swingman. :lol:

Sad we gotta question a franchise’s intentions when rewarding us basketball fans with a discount on merch. :lol:

But yeah they likely gonna get new uniforms too with the move to a new gym. The current set is fine. But they should def have a yellow alternate full time. The earned ones they’ve been wearing are dope but you guys peer pressured me in tj not buying a swingman. :lol:

I hope they go with a classic cut with a round neck and no side panels. Maybe use the western span of the bay bridge for the logo. I hate the wishbone neck and the side panels on the current set

I hope they go with a classic cut with a round neck and no side panels. Maybe use the western span of the bay bridge for the logo. I hate the wishbone neck and the side panels on the current set
100% this

I’d love the current jerseys if they had a traditional round neck

**** the wishbone

Does anyone know the sizing on the old Adidas Rev30 authentic shorts? I'm looking at some old pairs on eBay, and I know the sizing was weird. I wear an XL in adidas swingman shorts, but I recall the authentic ran way small or something. Can anyone help?

It’s crazy to me how Nike has been stingy with the authentic jerseys for the customer. Especially the all-star jerseys. My house of hoops near me didn’t get any all star apparel. Only the socks.

Reactions: Ube
It’s crazy to me how Nike has been stingy with the authentic jerseys for the customer. Especially the all-star jerseys. My house of hoops near me didn’t get any all star apparel. Only the socks.

I guess it was just slow sales last season. AS Authentics were 220 and they were not moving at 100. Bought mine at 70 IIRC.

I guess it was just slow sales last season. AS Authentics were 220 and they were not moving at 100. Bought mine at 70 IIRC.

I got a few authentic all-stars for that price too. :lol:

They should lower prices next season.

I would do 150.00 for an authentic. 90.00 for a swingman.

I got a few authentic all-stars for that price too. :lol:

They should lower prices next season.

I would do 150.00 for an authentic. 90.00 for a swingman.

I bet you can still get some for 50 or less. Those prices are quite resonable and actually similar of what they're priced over here (Mexico). Regular authentics are around 145, swingmans 75. AS authentics are around 175 and swingmans 85. Depends on exchange rates, but it's close to those prices.

Back
Top Bottom