Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

Anyone have a lead on clippers swingman statement shorts in an XL? having an impossible time finding them

Does anyone know why the Lebron authentic jerseys cannot be found anywhere? Is he changing his number to 6 so that AD can wear the number 23 or something? As well has anyone seen the Westbrook red and black Rockets authentic jersey. Along with the Westbrook gradient navy fade and orange "OKC" authentic jersey?

Does anyone know why the Lebron authentic jerseys cannot be found anywhere? Is he changing his number to 6 so that AD can wear the number 23 or something? As well has anyone seen the Westbrook red and black Rockets authentic jersey. Along with the Westbrook gradient navy fade and orange "OKC" authentic jersey?

Someone stated earlier in the thread that they got word from the Rockets team store that they weren't selling authentic jerseys this season. I don't know about the Westbrook jersey.

Is the only way to get authentic raptors jersey still only from the stadium and ridiculously high prices on eBay?

Finally got a shipping confirmation on my Ja Morant jersey from NBA EU. I was starting to get worried.I can’t wait for it to get here. Looks like Friday they will be here.

Last edited:
Is the only way to get authentic raptors jersey still only from the stadium and ridiculously high prices on eBay?

For the most part yes. There were actually some of the red icon authentics up for a short time a few weeks ago on the team site (shop.realsports.ca) which was the first time I had ever seen the team store sell any sort of authentic online, but they sold out quick. You could always try giving them a call however I’m not certain if they ship outside of Canada.

Last edited:
Do all the authentic Nike jerseys on the lakers store come with the wish patch? The lebron authentic that restocked doesn’t say

I think there will be more teams changing their uniforms.
Reasons for that:

- Nike is not selling NBA jerseys as if there was no lockdown and they paid a lot for a 10 years contract.

- Next season will be the 4th year of Nike contract. I think they could plan to change jerseys every 3 seasons;
I am not referring only to designs for statement and city editions as every year, but why not changing the jersey fabric to justify the purchase of new Icon and statement units.
Do you remember when Adidas introduced Rev30 material and mesh numbers? I think it was also close to the middle of the contract.

- Raptors design change rumor is not the only one. Lakers may change to a new gold Icon jersey, not banana yellow.

I wanted to purchase a Kyrie authentic, but don’t know if would be better t wait for next season, that by the way may start pretty close to Christmas time, so again, a perfect opportunity for Nike to make business with a full range of new jerseys.

what do you think?

Last edited:
I don’t think Nike is changing materials, no need to do it unless it’s something game changing. Their material is fine unless they can go lighter and stronger

adidas changed from heavyweight to lightweight, it was in the working for years

It’s been 2 years with vaporknit material for Nike authentics so will prob change it up next year

I think there will be more teams changing their uniforms.
Reasons for that:

- Nike is not selling NBA jerseys as if there was no lockdown and they paid a lot for a 10 years contract.

- Next season will be the 4th year of Nike contract. I think they could plan to change jerseys every 3 seasons;
I am not referring only to designs for statement and city editions as every year, but why not changing the jersey fabric to justify the purchase of new Icon and statement units.
Do you remember when Adidas introduced Rev30 material and mesh numbers? I think it was also close to the middle of the contract.

- Raptors design change rumor is not the only one. Lakers may change to a new gold Icon jersey, not banana yellow.

I wanted to purchase a Kyrie authentic, but don’t know if would be better t wait for next season, that by the way may start pretty close to Christmas time, so again, a perfect opportunity for Nike to make business with a full range of new jerseys.

what do you think?

1) what do you mean by that?

2) speculation

3) Hawks & Raptors uniform sets confirmed to be changed. Lakers said they "would look into" it. Doubt it happens.

4) Nike is not about to change up uniforms for majority of the league. Highly doubt the Nets change their base sets.

And only reason Nike changed to Vaporknit was because the Aero material wasn't durable, which is why they were ripping so easily.

totally off topic from the last few posts above,

but does anyone know if they actually sell Ja Morant Authentic Jerseys (any colorway) my little nephew is obsessed with him and i want to grab one for him.

Thanks in advance

It’s been 2 years with vaporknit material for Nike authentics so will prob change it up next year
But why? What’s the reason to change material? Unless they have something new? Sure, and if you have some info enlighten us otherwise don’t think they need to change anything or required to

Toronto basically gonna change full time to the uniform they wore when they clinched their first title. Red and white are the main colors as it should be. Perhaps purple as a third color. They should dump the OVO crap.

I’m all for the lakers keeping these, make a reverse purple verse, and a white one. Black shouldn’t be in the lakers pallet at all.
A0126E3D-86B1-423E-B71B-6CC5B2AE946F.jpeg

608BA20A-33D7-4116-8DB0-F6ED6F4FB43C.jpeg

First time ordering from the Lakers Store. Association Swingman but wanted the patch this time. Three spots where it looks like someone with dirty hands folded or handled it but I don’t want to wash it before even wearing it. Purple tissue paper wrapping was a nice touch :emoji_sweat_smile:

Side note: This jersey feels much softer than the Icon Swingman I purchased from DSG, a little more loose as well.

But why? What’s the reason to change material? Unless they have something new? Sure, and if you have some info enlighten us otherwise don’t think they need to change anything or required to

It’s Nike dude lol they always wanna innovate... it started out with aeroswift material, now vaporknit for last 2 years so just assuming it will be different next year

It’s Nike dude lol they always wanna innovate... it started out with aeroswift material, now vaporknit for last 2 years so just assuming it will be different next year
I think the change was made due to the ripping of the jerseys, I think people would have thought they didn't change anything if they kept it the same name. Was there even a difference in material? I didn't see nor notice much of a different, look wise, it did feel a little more durable with the change to vaporknit, that's about it.

Back
Top Bottom