Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

Finally picked up the black Jazz city swingman today. Tried to hold out for an authentic, but they never released.

The Jazz have had some fantastic jerseys over the franchise’s history and these city jerseys rank near the top for me.

E86DBD4C-7B3C-46B4-B345-84758C3B8666.jpeg

When the original city jerseys released in 2017-18, Donovan Mitchell’s rookie year, I was one of the first people that bought it on release day at the Jazz team store.

It turned out that when Nike produced the first city run prior to the 2017-18 season, they made a ton of Gordon Hayward jerseys. Of course he left the Jazz in free agency before the 2017-18 season.

With the majority of the stock never released due to having Hayward’s name and number, that meant that the city jerseys were really limited and sold out that first day. They never restocked until either really late in the season or next season.

Every time I wore it to games that season, I would have people ask how I got it. One guy offered me $400 on the spot for it.

Finally picked up the black Jazz city swingman today. Tried to hold out for an authentic, but they never released.

The Jazz have had some fantastic jerseys over the franchise’s history and these city jerseys rank near the top for me.

E86DBD4C-7B3C-46B4-B345-84758C3B8666.jpeg

When the original city jerseys released in 2017-18, Donovan Mitchell’s rookie year, I was one of the first people that bought it on release day at the Jazz team store.

It turned out that when Nike produced the first city run prior to the 2017-18 season, they made a ton of Gordon Hayward jerseys. Of course he left the Jazz in free agency before the 2017-18 season.

With the majority of the stock never released due to having Hayward’s name and number, that meant that the city jerseys were really limited and sold out that first day. They never restocked until either really late in the season or next season.

Every time I wore it to games that season, I would have people ask how I got it. One guy offered me $400 on the spot for it.

They did release Black authentics. They were sold on the Utah Jazz webstore last season IIRC.

I’m not usually this dude, but man these new people in here are “awesome”. Hopefully it’s just a pass through as this was one of the better threads on NT

They never sold them online. I've been checking the website daily for the past few seasons.
they've definitely been sold online. i remember passing on them because i didnt like them as much as the previous rainbow jerseys. might have been pulled from the shop because of the manufacturing defect of the upside down 5 on the back

they've definitely been sold online. i remember passing on them because i didnt like them as much as the previous rainbow jerseys. might have been pulled from the shop because of the manufacturing defect of the upside down 5 on the back
The light color ones were online, that's how I copped my Mitchell one. The dark joints never did, the swingman did.

The light color ones were online, that's how I copped my Mitchell one. The dark joints never did, the swingman did.
I know. The light ones had two runs online. I remember when the dark ones dropped. Maybe im confusing fanatics and the jazz team shop but i distinctly remember coming across the authentics online and taking a pass

I spoke with the Jazz store. Nike made them take the Authentic City jerseys down, given the defect. I would've still bought one though! Easy fix. I wonder what will happen to all that inventory.
Seems like they still sold them in shop but i bet the majority ended up liquidated at places like marshalls

So where do y'all even have to go for the raffle entry for jerseys? Anyone know if MSG did any authentics for knicks jerseys yet?

Sale on Lebron #23 swingman jerseys on Lakers Store

Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 9.16.32 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom