Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

“Authentics were no offered” that’s interesting. From what I heard regarding LaMelo Ball authentics, it was the team that didn’t “order any” and that’s why there wasn’t any available thus far (until last years super limited City Edition authentic).

So who’s really in charge of whether or not we get authentic versions of current jerseys?

Btw had three jerseys arrive today, pics forthcoming
These are a classic edition so authentic likely will not be available. No classic edition has been sold in authentic version so far.

These are a classic edition so authentic likely will not be available. No classic edition has been sold in authentic version so far.
Gotcha, thank you for that info. I guess I hadn’t noticed that detail

Still find it interesting how certain jerseys have an authentic drop and others don’t. I get different markets have different demand but still feel like it should be easier to cop authentics, outside of having to do the Fanatics custom thing

Last edited:
Gotcha, thank you for that info. I guess I hadn’t noticed that detail

Still find it interesting how certain jerseys have an authentic drop and others don’t. I get different markets have different demand but still feel like it should be easier to cop authentics, outside of having to do the Fanatics custom thing

This Slovenia joint is too clean man. Wish I could scoop an authenti! Sneak peak
View attachment 3015773

the average nba fan just wants the swingman so I get why some teams don‘t order the authentic. Technically authentic is an option for every team store (Minus classic edition).

Authentics don’t sell like that. Your average fan is going to be more inclined to pay the cheaper price for the swingman than they are 220+ for an authentic. To the average fan they probably look the same.

Authentics don’t sell like that. Your average fan is going to be more inclined to pay the cheaper price for the swingman than they are 220+ for an authentic. To the average fan they probably look the same.

But what about the online folks who’ll clown your replica for not being authentic?:lol:

But seriously, the diamond swingman’s from last year were pretty nice and the peace of mind wearing them at bbq’s and around the kids is something you just can’t pay for. For those that that applies to.

Do any of y'all actually judge or notice too hard a swingman vs authentic in public?...

i don’t judge and I don’t care. I appreciate pictures in these kinds of threads and I talk to a few of you guys on social media whenever new designs and stuff comes out but other than that, I’m not the authentic police.

But like R.C. said above, the faker the jersey, the more it’ll cause me to do a double take just because:lol:

I have zero problem with any of it. Buy what you like/can afford

I prefer authentics but I have swingmans too. As stated, some(a lot) of designs only come in swingman

I get that the average fan is cool with the cheapest option, so it makes sense that they don’t make a ton of em.

Last edited:
Never judge anyone wearing jerseys. But I’m usually pleasantly surprised when I see authentics worn in public when I go to a game.

I've been buying Mavs jerseys since the 90s and my collection is mainly swingman now before that it was the painted champion replica lol.

But what about the online folks who’ll clown your replica for not being authentic?:lol:

But seriously, the diamond swingman’s from last year were pretty nice and the peace of mind wearing them at bbq’s and around the kids is something you just can’t pay for. For those that that applies to.

I used to be like that. Then I realized bbq sauce usually comes out. And for what doesn’t …it adds character. 🤷‍♂️

Do any of y'all actually judge or notice too hard a swingman vs authentic in public?...
I notice when people where gamers. Even if the jersey is fake, usually strikes up a conversation. The other day I was in Walmart. Walked in with an Irving swingman on as a I past someone with Harden. Later saw a dude with Durant. Wish I got a pic. Nothing says cool like a bunch of grown men talking about Jerseys, their designs, and colors.

Anyone interested in these?

Dm if you guys need me to do pick up.
80EECF54-4226-4665-A5A1-3D2E902F0406.jpeg

No, I'm usually glad to see NBA jerseys in public in general. I have quite a bunch of authentic jerseys but I rather wear swingman jerseys or Champion Europe replicas (since I love classic jerseys from the 90's above all) in public, so the authentic ones don't get too much damage. :lol:

Only NT nerds would judge anyone for wearing a swingman jersey. Who cares?!

Personally it’s more embarrassing/clownish wearing those goofy ‘Just Don’ NBA shorts than any swingman jerseys Lol

Only NT nerds would judge anyone for wearing Just Don shorts. Who cares?!

Personally it’s more embarrassing/clownish wearing those goofy ‘Sup My Hats Too Big” hats than any Just Don shorts Lol

Just don shorts are cool to wear, especially when the team you are sporting just won the championship.

Ive owned it before, but its just too thick and heavy compared to nike swingman shorts.

Back
Top Bottom