Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

Only one that Nike did was Young, everyone else is custom. Folks gotta stop being afraid of the team shops 🤷🏾‍♂️

Some do them in store, some outsource them to Rank & Rally.

I think the main issue is the QC. For $250 retail, they gotta stop doing that machine sewing stuff. Hawks customs are bubbly, messy sewing, and just don't look great.

Cavs are a great example of how it should be done. Customer service and Products are elite.

I think the main issue is the QC. For $250 retail, they gotta stop doing that machine sewing stuff. Hawks customs are bubbly, messy sewing, and just don't look great.

Cavs are a great example of how it should be done. Customer service and Products are elite.
Miami ones are done right too minus the patch heatpress issue last year. They at least took the feedback fixed it.

If they do a shoddy custom job just return it. Or file a chargeback if they try to deny the return.

Charge $250 or whatever for authentics, I don’t mind that. Take a long time as well if needed on custom jobs, just be transparent about that. But don’t cut corners with messy stitching, not using correct kiss cut style, the lettering of names on the back looking inconsistent etc.

Lot of spots, like Fanatics, don’t take returns on custom anything.

That said, I returned my Memphis custom after a little back and forth, so it can be done. Just never no guarantees they’ll accept it.

Chargebacks are a different story, though

Speaking of which, I’ve actually never done a chargeback lol

That said, I returned my Memphis custom after a little back and forth, so it can be done. Just never no guarantees they’ll accept it.

I’ve successfully done a few custom returns with fanatics, both nba and nfl. Their policy is generally no returns on custom stuff. But I’ve had custom jerseys which the numbers were off centered, A NFL Vapor elite which they didn’t sew the tv numbers on to where they were peeling off upon me opening the package.

I ordered some custom Laker jerseys which were completely off last summer. They let me return them. I didn’t get any pushback from them. Granted they’ve all been honest legitimate returns but fanatics has made things right.

Them using silver crystal sports, I’m sure they get hit with return requests regularly because their custom stuff can be blatantly bad and inaccurate on certain teams.

A lot of the times when I hear about chargebacks I think about when NT sold some NT hats for charity. The mods came back and said never again because people were asking for chargebacks for no reason, on hats where the proceeds went to charity.

A lot of the times when I hear about chargebacks I think about when NT sold some NT hats for charity. The mods came back and said never again because people were asking for chargebacks for no reason, on hats where the proceeds went to charity.

I think I remember that. I’m assuming it was a preorder of some sorts. Most likely it took longer than the initial estimated turnaround time (which is beyond the control of whoever on NT organized things to begin with), and some people got unreasonably impatient.

I’m in a few hat groups and you see people complaining about preorder times constantly to where I don’t blame people for viewing preorders as more trouble than it’s worth unless you know you’re getting people who understand turnaround times can potentially be lengthy and they won’t make a stink about it.

Speaking of customs, they restocked on a bunch of custom swingman's and authentics

Back
Top Bottom