Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

I know these jerseys are not the same thing but you get the idea of what Nike did.

Attachments

• IMG_1637.jpeg
    IMG_1637.jpeg
    272.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1638.jpeg
    IMG_1638.jpeg
    339.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1639.jpeg
    IMG_1639.jpeg
    220.3 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1640.jpeg
    IMG_1640.jpeg
    270.2 KB · Views: 318
If there is anything I would say that can be better is the sleeve patch. Again it’s similar to nba jersey crests. I don’t mind the non embroidery but I do wish they used more materials like the rubbery stuff they use on nba jerseys.

Attachments

• IMG_1641.jpeg
    IMG_1641.jpeg
    261.5 KB · Views: 334
I visited the Team LA store in Crypto.com Arena on Thursday after calling them earlier that day about the Bibigo patches they had in stock. When I got there, I realized the lady on the phone gave me wrong information because the only patch they had didn't match with the current Statement Lakers jersey I have.

Upon seeing the batch of patches they had, they actually looked identical to the ones that are sold on eBay.

My question is are the sponsor patches that are sold on eBay the same as the ones that come affixed on the retail versions sold at the arenas?

I believe there was a prior discussion on here that the sponsor patches on the authentic jerseys are replicas even if they are sold at the arenas.

Are the affixed patches on the retail versions different from the ones the players wear?

I admit I'm a meticulous weirdo who really cares about having my authentics resemble what the players wear for accuracy reasons.

Would it be any different or perhaps wrong if I get a Bibigo patch from eBay that resembled the ones from Team LA to apply on a jersey?

I like the new template and most of the people that i've seen complain are old timers that wish jerseys were still made of wool. The only thing i will say that looks wonky is the letter size. It does kind of cheapen the look and the spacing is a bit weird

I like the new template and most of the people that i've seen complain are old timers that wish jerseys were still made of wool. The only thing i will say that looks wonky is the letter size. It does kind of cheapen the look and the spacing is a bit weird

Letters look small on teams with an outline on them or I guess bigger players. Letters are basically the same size they use on all other nike templates that have the name curve.

Some grey tops and pants also look off color wise. They will fix things though. Look at the nba year one.

The letters on the names on back look smaller because the batterman was lowered as well. It was only lowered because Nike asked to make it smaller so it would fit better on their template in the normal spot but MLB refused/wouldn’t allow it.

Better hope this new "template" doesn't come to the NBA next season.. I feel like it will. Anything to penny pinch from Nike ... Save money on material and jack up the price by $20 because "inflation"

Saw this on reddit.. new jerseys look ridiculous. I'll buy some off dhgate before I give fanatics/nike a penny for them.
1711988527563.png

The letters on the names on back look smaller because the batterman was lowered as well. It was only lowered because Nike asked to make it smaller so it would fit better on their template in the normal spot but MLB refused/wouldn’t allow it.

this doesn't even make any sense. do you have a source for this?

you're telling me MLB said no to one small part of the jersey so nike/fanatics did a drastic change to the entire template??

this has nothing to do with the template and it's to cut costs by using cheaper materials and a more simplified manufacturing process (less embroidery)

Better hope this new "template" doesn't come to the NBA next season.. I feel like it will. Anything to penny pinch from Nike ... Save money on material and jack up the price by $20 because "inflation"

Saw this on reddit.. new jerseys look ridiculous. I'll buy some off dhgate before I give fanatics/nike a penny for them.
1711988527563.png

you're telling me MLB said no to one small part of the jersey so nike/fanatics did a drastic change to the entire template??

this has nothing to do with the template and it's to cut costs by using cheaper materials and a more simplified manufacturing process (less embroidery)
It was on sportslogos . net and Paul Lukas from UniWatch spoke to someone directly involved and posted it on his website.

The collar area of the new template is smaller than what they’ve had on the past jerseys. Nike/fanatics asked to shrink the batterman down so that it’d fit accordingly. MLB declined. The batterman is the leagues branding/sponsor/advertisement basically. They didn’t want it minimized.

Last edited:

1711988527563.png

I just assumed that it was to cut production costs by allowing the number, name, and batterman all be heat pressed to the back of the jersey in one press. These are going to look absolutely comical on anything bigger than an XL, by the way. Shoutout all the big dudes out there.

Letters are size dependent. Look perfect on my mediums. Just got this one in

Attachments

• IMG_1650.jpeg
    IMG_1650.jpeg
    509.3 KB · Views: 759
I visited the Team LA store in Crypto.com Arena on Thursday after calling them earlier that day about the Bibigo patches they had in stock. When I got there, I realized the lady on the phone gave me wrong information because the only patch they had didn't match with the current Statement Lakers jersey I have.

Upon seeing the batch of patches they had, they actually looked identical to the ones that are sold on eBay.

My question is are the sponsor patches that are sold on eBay the same as the ones that come affixed on the retail versions sold at the arenas?

I believe there was a prior discussion on here that the sponsor patches on the authentic jerseys are replicas even if they are sold at the arenas.

Are the affixed patches on the retail versions different from the ones the players wear?

I admit I'm a meticulous weirdo who really cares about having my authentics resemble what the players wear for accuracy reasons.

Would it be any different or perhaps wrong if I get a Bibigo patch from eBay that resembled the ones from Team LA to apply on a jersey?
If anyone finds the answer to this, I would like to know as well. Got a bunch of jerseys that I want to add the patches to, but only if the eBay versions are legit.

Too much projecting with the MLB Elites. The Names look terrible and the fit could've been left alone instead of slimming it up in the chest and sleeves. The construction is A1 though. Made in USA. Materials are different but not necessarily worse than before. As mentioned, it's the same materials as the NBA jerseys. I honestly think people just throw around the word "Quality" without meaning now days.

In which way? It’s basically on par with the materials used for nba jerseys.
1) those materials shouldn’t be used on baseball jerseys.

2) the previous years template (Nike/Majestic) quality was way better than what they putting now.

Case in point

1) those materials shouldn’t be used on baseball jerseys.

2) the previous years template (Nike/Majestic) quality was way better than what they putting now.

Case in point

The diaper butt was wack and always has been wack. The big letters were outdated. You could make the current Nike ones a bit bigger but the old ones were 90s leftover design.

Embroidery patches are also dated. Nike probably can add more materials to the patches(rubbery material ) but the thick heavy patches been gone.

Last edited:
"Heavy" and "thick" seem to be the baselines a lot of people use for performance measurement. "The fabric is thinner" or "The patches aren't as thick" seem to be popular critiques. I seldom hear observations about new uniforms in terms of durability and resilience. The stuff on the the Nike MLB jerseys isn't as "cheap" as people make it out to be. The patterns and manufacturing process on those is probably as complicated. They are still using threading, while incorporating texture design elements, all while managing to be thinner.

It feels like when the Flex Base was introduced and casual consumers complained how "cheap" the kiss-cut lettering felt. In reality, it was a pretty standard practice in sports already and it didn't really take less work to apply to jerseys.

The diaper butt was wack and always has been wack. The big letters were outdated. You could make the current Nike ones a bit bigger but the old ones were 90s leftover design.

Embroidery patches are also dated. Nike probably can add more materials to the patches(rubbery material ) but the thick heavy patches been gone.
Your the only person that seems to be okay with these jerseys, because a LARGE majority of people, players included don’t like them at all.

Your the only person that seems to be okay with these jerseys, because a LARGE majority of people, players included don’t like them at all.
I mean you are judging them without even having one. I have the old ones and these new ones.

I mean they complained at the beginning of spring training. Have they continued today or within the last week about it? I'm sure there are things that are being ironed out throughout the season after the first round/batch of production is/was distributed.

Back
Top Bottom