Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

Don’t like the collar, don’t like the placement of the logo (looks smaller), the letters of the name and logos look smaller, material is thin as hell (might be good for players) but looks ****ty. I can see players shoulder and collar bones poking through the jerseys. They look like ****. Also the insane price increase of MLB jerseys over the last 5 years is unjustifiable. Nike can attempt to blame it on tech or inflation but **** no. Good ol greedflation from Nike.

Not much going on in the nba world. I guess leaks season is around the corner. Maybe some new uniforms come end of the season.

No more leaks. You guys pissed off that empanadas guy and didn’t like any of his posts when he was posting info in here :lol: :lol:

I’m sure an images of a white heat culture or whatever recycled styles will start surfacing soon though.

No more leaks. You guys pissed off that empanadas guy and didn’t like any of his posts when he was posting info in here :lol: :lol:

I’m sure an images of a white heat culture or whatever recycled styles will start surfacing soon though.

Miami better off going back to the white vice again. They never sold the authentic version of it. Would love to get one. This has been a slow leaks season. Maybe nba plugged the leaks.

🌉👨‍🍳🏀 20240404_224549-COLLAGE.jpg

This is such a beautiful jersey in hand. Saw it at the NBA store in NYC. I really wish the Warriors online team store was selling authentics with the patch.
I agree. I didn’t like it on tv. But with a discount code, my fan cash, and a gift card I got it for about $90. But in hand it’s one of my favorite jerseys.

COMING SOON:
Battle of the jersey nerds and Nike shills !!

DONT MISS IT .... ONLY ON PAY PER VIEW!!
Hey NT fam not trying to be corny but hear me out for a minute on a proposed reality TV📺 show that will help fuel your pride "Say Yes to the Jersey" spinoff of the Bridezilla show "Say Yes to the Dress" 👗with a twist.🌀 Featuring you as the MVP Ⓜ️✌️🅿️annoying the hell out of your wife 👩coming in and out the runway of your man cave with your creative combinations and need to be worshipped. 🙏 You can be as creative as you want with your Curry jersey, Jordan 👟, jackets,🧥 caps 🧢, shorts, 🩳 glasses 🕶️, etc. switch it up at the mall, stadium 🏟️, statue, 🗽 virtual reality, 🥽 etc. At the end of each episode, you must buy a jersey. 🏀⚾🏒🏈⚽🍻

Last edited:
I’m gonna say they’re likely identical. I have a swingman and an authentic and the sponsor patches are the exact same, minus how they were applied to the jersey. Looking at hi-res pics online of the in-game jerseys, the patch looks the same.

I think some common sense is warranted here: Nike and the teams care more about the craftsmanship and design of the jerseys. They don’t care as much about the sponsor. The patches are made in bulk. It’s not likely they’re ordering two batches of different patches. What do they have to gain by using a higher quality patch on the authentic? Or just on the players’ jerseys? They do have something to gain by using better materials for the jersey on the authentics. People will pay more for better quality. Now you’re probably saying “I’ll pay more for a better quality patch!” but also realize you’re the exception.

Team stores like Team LA are the only places you can get jerseys with sponsor patches. Doesn’t add up for me that the equipment manager has a few handfuls of patches just for the players jerseys while just down the hall the team store has different, lesser quality patches just for the jerseys for sale.

I'm feeling like an idiot just noticing your response to my inquiries after a few days!

But thanks for your feedback. It was all logical.

That makes sense that Nike and the teams would prioritize the quality of the jerseys over the sponsor patches. It makes sense for them to prioritize the jersey quality for good optics on TV. And it would also motivate fans to buy the jerseys based on how they're seen on TV and photos.

I've been aware of that team stores in arenas are the only places that come with the sponsor patches. But I wouldn't getting them separately and having them affixed by a professional business I had prior experience with. I just wouldn't want to affix something fake on the authentic jerseys I have.

That's good to know that the patches on the players' jerseys and retail versions are pretty much identical.

But one thing you didn't cover was my other inquiry about the legitimacy of the patches sold on eBay. Do you or anyone else think they're bootlegs? Or are they the same as the patches that come on the jerseys? I have to get some Wish patches for the Lakers jerseys I have, so eBay is the only option for me. I expect to refrain from buying from an American seller with a bad reputation on eBay. I am skeptical of buying patches from a seller from Hong Kong because bootleg goods are common in Asian countries.

I'm feeling like an idiot just noticing your response to my inquiries after a few days!

But thanks for your feedback. It was all logical.

That makes sense that Nike and the teams would prioritize the quality of the jerseys over the sponsor patches. It makes sense for them to prioritize the jersey quality for good optics on TV. And it would also motivate fans to buy the jerseys based on how they're seen on TV and photos.

I've been aware of that team stores in arenas are the only places that come with the sponsor patches. But I wouldn't getting them separately and having them affixed by a professional business I had prior experience with. I just wouldn't want to affix something fake on the authentic jerseys I have.

That's good to know that the patches on the players' jerseys and retail versions are pretty much identical.

But one thing you didn't cover was my other inquiry about the legitimacy of the patches sold on eBay. Do you or anyone else think they're bootlegs? Or are they the same as the patches that come on the jerseys? I have to get some Wish patches for the Lakers jerseys I have, so eBay is the only option for me. I expect to refrain from buying from an American seller with a bad reputation on eBay. I am skeptical of buying patches from a seller from Hong Kong because bootleg goods are common in Asian countries.
That I do not know. I know a seller on eBay/IG that sells patches and they look legit to me but this guy also sells custom authentics for like $300 and some of them don't look good. He buys blank authentics and then adds name/numbers himself. He has a jersey for sale where the number is the wrong color.

You could always call Team LA and ask if they'll ship the patches to you.

That I do not know. I know a seller on eBay/IG that sells patches and they look legit to me but this guy also sells custom authentics for like $300 and some of them don't look good. He buys blank authentics and then adds name/numbers himself. He has a jersey for sale where the number is the wrong color.

Are you talking about lamb jersey? I’m trying to figure out how he is sourcing the blanks.

That's exactly the seller I was referring to regarding who I will refrain buying from. That clown goes by thesofasurfer. Yes, he has a bad and stupid habit of customizing jerseys that have highly noticeable discrepancies and trying to sell them at jacked up prices trying to front them like they're accurate authentic jerseys. I knew he had credibility issues when I came across him on eBay 20 years ago in 2004 because he had Reebok 2000s-style Falcons authentic jerseys customized in Brett Favre & Deion Sanders. He basically customized their names and numbers on a then-contemporary design, which was totally inaccurate because they never wore Reebok jerseys and that design style since their time with the team preceded those two dynamics. It was asinine of him to do that.

You missed that part because I did mention I visited Team LA after I called them for verification. But they didn't have the correlating patch color that I needed for a specific jersey when I got there. They mentioned they would be able to sell the patches separately if they're available.

Are you talking about lamb jersey? I’m trying to figure out how he is sourcing the blanks.
Yep, that’s the seller.

That's exactly the seller I was referring to regarding who I will refrain buying from. That clown goes by thesofasurfer. Yes, he has a bad and stupid habit of customizing jerseys that have highly noticeable discrepancies and trying to sell them at jacked up prices trying to front them like they're accurate authentic jerseys. I knew he had credibility issues when I came across him on eBay 20 years ago in 2004 because he had Reebok 2000s-style Falcons authentic jerseys customized in Brett Favre & Deion Sanders. He basically customized their names and numbers on a then-contemporary design, which was totally inaccurate because they never wore Reebok jerseys and that design style since their time with the team preceded those two dynamics. It was asinine of him to do that.

You missed that part because I did mention I visited Team LA after I called them for verification. But they didn't have the correlating patch color that I needed for a specific jersey when I got there. They mentioned they would be able to sell the patches separately if they're available.
I'm actually talking about lamb_jersey/easun362 but they're both doing the same thing: customizing authentics and charging the same prices as real authentics.

Yep, that’s the seller.

I'm actually talking about lamb_jersey/easun362 but they're both doing the same thing: customizing authentics and charging the same prices as real authentics.
Cool, yeah i almost pulled the trigger on his reaves jersey but looked at his insta and was shocked that it was a custom. I probably would have noticed once I got it in, glad I had the spidey-sense to check lol

Back
Top Bottom