Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

LE2s had the same tightness in the same area, but loosened with time. Would imagine these to be the same.

Socks matter. Had Nike dry fit crew socks on and they were way too snug for me TTS. Thinner ankle or no show's is much better.

Finally had some time this weekend to give the new Epic React a try, so here goes my review:

pnXrcjzvj

First off, I love this shoe. Nike is really onto something great here, especially at the current price point that the shoe is being offered at. There are a few minor things I dislike about the shoe, but that can be said about any shoe, and can hopefully be addressed and improved upon in the future.
Nike’s new React foam is the big takeaway here, and something I hope they keep using and improving in the future.

Let’s just get the Boost comparison out of the way: they are VERY close to Boost in terms of comfort and wearability. I wouldn’t say you get the “pillow” feeling you get when you try your first ever pair of Boost shoes on, but this might be entirely because I’ve been wearing a ton of Boost shoes lately so I couldn’t really feel much of a difference between React and Boost. I took the time to put on the Epic Reacts and a pair of 3.0 UBs back and forth for awhile, and they are nearly identical to me. The Epics feel a bit more solid and stable, but still very soft and springy. I wore the Epic Reacts for two days straight, and that’s how you know the comfort level is on point because after hours of extended use they still felt amazing on my feet. I’d put the React foam on the same level as Boost, but that’s just my two cents on that.

The silhouette actually reminds me of an Ultra Boost as well, just slimmer. Elongated with a wider midsole. For those in the Nike Running fam though, it’s a nice balance between the form fitting Flyknit Racer/Trainer and the wider more stable LunarEpics. Although the Epic Reacts are definitely tighter around the midsection like the FKR, the Flyknit also has much more stretch than your typical Racer which is nice. And Flyknit technology is always a great and welcomed addition, especially at a $150 price point.

As for running performance, I can’t really provide much feedback as I don’t run much anymore with my bad knee. But daily wear and tear felt great.

My sizing recommendations
Standard width feet: TTS
Wide footers: Half size up and wear to stretch Flyknit
Extra wide foot: don’t buy this shoe lol. The shoes runs narrow and you can only stretch the FK so much. I’d try them on in store first to see what works.

I went with my TTS of 8.5 and they fit perfectly (midsection was tight at first but loosened over the day). I was even able to use a $20 coupon on FNL to get them for $130 which is a steal if you ask me.

Overall, I’d definitely recommend trying a pair, especially at a discounted price.

IMG_20180226_171826.jpg

Finally got my first pair in the mail today from SNS. They are some very nice shoes–first day of wear was a comfy one. I still need to do a couple of running sessions with them, but casual wear impressions have definitely been positive. They might just have to replace my current UB 2.0 Core Black beaters. :nerd:

@langfor5 i felt the same way when i wore my reacts, i think boost personally has that better first step feeling because of how soft it is, but i just watched jacques slades review and he had the best analogy of boost, that is that it was like a marshmallow thats soft but spills out over your feet when you step in it.

I actually tried the react tech first in the jordan superflys and it pretty much felt like all my lunarlons, but in the epic reacts it feels really good because of how much more forgiving the sole is when its not encased. Is it worth the extra price bump compared to lunar? Oooo this is where i start to debate that, not because of the sole or cushioning tech, but because the upper feels cheap, i've got pretty much every sort of flyknit upper nike has to offer and on the epics they feel rough on feet, not uncomfortable, but more the racers fk, stiff and coarse. I was expecting more of the free run type of upper.

@langfor5 i felt the same way when i wore my reacts, i think boost personally has that better first step feeling because of how soft it is, but i just watched jacques slades review and he had the best analogy of boost, that is that it was like a marshmallow thats soft but spills out over your feet when you step in it.

I actually tried the react tech first in the jordan superflys and it pretty much felt like all my lunarlons, but in the epic reacts it feels really good because of how much more forgiving the sole is when its not encased. Is it worth the extra price bump compared to lunar? Oooo this is where i start to debate that, not because of the sole or cushioning tech, but because the upper feels cheap, i've got pretty much every sort of flyknit upper nike has to offer and on the epics they feel rough on feet, not uncomfortable, but more the racers fk, stiff and coarse. I was expecting more of the free run type of upper.

Say what?! The flyknit is very stretchy. Not anything close to the fk racers! Not sure where the heck you’re getting that from

"I tried them on, they aren't durable"

I hate sneakerheads who never actually use a shoe other than to try and stunt

To each its on, but i agree i wouldn't want any advice on a shoe from person who doesn't use it for its intended purposes. like a straight up professional review. Good thing i know enough about sneakers and certain shoes to make my own judgement calls.

Its like someone saying Roshe's are excellent running shoes....i'll just hit them with the :lol:>D:stoneface: all at once, and keep it moving cause i know they don't know what they are talking about.

Got my all white pair in today from stockx. Glad I pulled the trigger when I did, prices seem to be rising.

I’m a 12 in all styles of Nike and I’ll say these are def TTS. I have narrow feet FYI.

Haven’t ran in them yet. I can already tell they are going to feel great.

To each its on, but i agree i wouldn't want any advice on a shoe from person who doesn't use it for its intended purposes. like a straight up professional review. Good thing i know enough about sneakers and certain shoes to make my own judgement calls.

Its like someone saying Roshe's are excellent running shoes....i'll just hit them with the :lol:>D:stoneface: all at once, and keep it moving cause i know they don't know what they are talking about.
Bro every time I see people, mainly women, running or lifting in a pair of Roshes I cringe. **** that

Makes me cringe when I see dumb *** Swaggy P playing NBA ball in Yeezy 500’s

I love my ultra boosts but if these epic reacts I just copped can't yellow like the foam on the UBs do then im going with the Nikes all day

Back
Top Bottom