Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

Went to my local DSG, tried on the 8.5s and they're nice. I wore thick socks so it felt snug but nonetheless, the fit was fine to me. My Trainers are a size 9 BTW.

IMG_0087.JPG

And this one's a women's size 10 (8.5 in men's). Didn't feel a difference at all so it's safe to assume that narrowness isn't a factor in this model. I'm a wide-footer as well.

*My bad for the double post
IMG_0088.JPG

sz 12 I got from FNL was way too tight with socks on. Felt good without socks tho. Ordered all blacks in a 12.5 and hope that helps
I got the 12 in all black from FNL too but I am wearing thin socks and they're breaking in great. My toes are near the end but nothing uncomfortable!

I can see why you aren't a big fan of the Epic Reacts, especially when you come from wearing those shoes. The Pegasus 31s are so damn comfortable, and same with the 33s, too.

Also, if people have tried on the Vomero 10s or 11s, I find that to be the closer comparison than the Ultra Boost than the Epic Reacts. The React foam still can't top Zoom Air units inside a Lunarlon midsole... unless they do that and replace it with the React foam. Then we're talkin...

You gotta try Vapor Street. The react cushioning on them is much better than Epic React IMO. If you're buying ER just for walking around, I'd suggest VS.

Did the Vapor Street cme in US13?

Seems like everywhere is up to US12?

Really hate the size US13, no half size up.

Most retailers stop at US12, especially in Asia.
No. There were no 13s for the vapor street As a 12.5, the 12s fit me fine. (And I wear a 13 in the epic reacts). They’re on the long side and have generous give for width

Good lord it's hard to get your foot into these shoes.

Wonder if I'll lose my feet at the end of the day.

Last edited:
The upper gives me an am90 vibe. If nikeID becomes available might give it a go.
nike-air-max-90-og-infrared-dl.jpg

Walked a whole day in triple black Epic Reacts and they are like... an in between an Ultra Boost and Alpha Bounce. They are about the same comfort as Zoom Air in my Flyknit Trainers, and ... probably no more comfortable than old Free Run 4.0s to be perfectly honest.

It's mostly just Hype, would not be getting more. If I wanted more comfortable, I'd just get an UltraBoost.

Nike's ZoomX is 10000x better than this React.

Here are my 2 cents, wore the Epic React for approximately 20 miles of running and also got some casual miles with them. They broke in slighly but always felt firm and slighly more comfortable than the previous wear.
Went back to run with my Ultra boost to confirm (i dont run in UB normally) how they feel. Realized they are too soft and unstable for me.

For now i still prefer my Pegasus Flyknit to run in.

Here are my 2 cents, wore the Epic React for approximately 20 miles of running and also got some casual miles with them. They broke in slighly but always felt firm and slighly more comfortable than the previous wear.
Went back to run with my Ultra boost to confirm (i dont run in UB normally) how they feel. Realized they are too soft and unstable for me.

For now i still prefer my Pegasus Flyknit to run in.

Yea, I don't run but if I did, I'd run in my Vaporfly 4% which are soft but propel you forward like you've attached springs to your shoes. Ultraboost are way more comfortable than these Epic React. And I'd rather just wear Flyknit Trainers for gym/casual.

Just got my white/pink pair today and i love these things, nike really nailed it with these. Now i want all the colors. :smh:

Yea, I don't run but if I did, I'd run in my Vaporfly 4% which are soft but propel you forward like you've attached springs to your shoes. Ultraboost are way more comfortable than these Epic React. And I'd rather just wear Flyknit Trainers for gym/casual.

You don’t run, but know what shoe is the best running shoe for you? :rolleyes

First of all, let me say I really really like these shoes. For me they’re more comfortable than ultra boost and as usual I prefer the swoosh look. (I own several pairs of UB too) They’re more stable and have more forefoot cushioning than UB.

But the criticism of the sole durability is definitely valid. The wavy grooves on the bottom quickly wear away, especially on the outer edges. The sole becomes flat and smooth. I’ve worn them casually every day since I received them on Saturday. They’ll probably be fine for casual wear for quite awhile, but I’d be a little worried if I was running in them.

Only time will tell in terms of how well the cushioning and grip hold up. Overall I’m still very happy with the shoe and plan on buying many pairs in the future.
The outer edges have no grooves straight out of the box. It's not wear.

Back
Top Bottom