Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

There is no rule. You have to try them on. There are too many variables for anyone here to definitively tell you. Are you going to wear socks when running? Will you not, when wearing casual? How high is your arch? How wide is your foot? How much do you weigh? These will all effect fit.

I wear size 10.5 and always try to go TTS with Nike running shoes, did the same with these. At first I thought they were going to be way too snug for me. I switched to thin socks and that helped. Also, the upper loosened up a bit after the first run. The day I got them, I slipped them on and wore around the house, felt too tight. Wore the same socks with them the following day on a 45 minute easy run and the upper seemed to stretch out. I've now done a 1 hour easy run and a 90 minute easy run and they fit TTS.

I will add though that I'm not a fan of the flyknit. It doesn't hold my foot in place when running downhill, feel like my feet are sliding forward. The outsole is great, and if they add the react foam to something with a more substantial upper (pegasus? zoom fly?), I will immediately switch to that rather than these. These are a comfortable running shoe though, definitely more responsive and forgiving than even the Pegasus 32's I've been running in. Due to the flyknit, I think for me these will be easy day shoes, no speedwork or uptempo in them.

I wear size 10.5 and always try to go TTS with Nike running shoes, did the same with these. At first I thought they were going to be way too snug for me. I switched to thin socks and that helped. Also, the upper loosened up a bit after the first run. The day I got them, I slipped them on and wore around the house, felt too tight. Wore the same socks with them the following day on a 45 minute easy run and the upper seemed to stretch out. I've now done a 1 hour easy run and a 90 minute easy run and they fit TTS.

I will add though that I'm not a fan of the flyknit. It doesn't hold my foot in place when running downhill, feel like my feet are sliding forward. The outsole is great, and if they add the react foam to something with a more substantial upper (pegasus? zoom fly?), I will immediately switch to that rather than these. These are a comfortable running shoe though, definitely more responsive and forgiving than even the Pegasus 32's I've been running in. Due to the flyknit, I think for me these will be easy day shoes, no speedwork or uptempo in them.

I know they're doing a traditional upper on the new Odyssey and the Legend.

I know they're doing a traditional upper on the new Odyssey and the Legend.

I just switched over to your new performance thread and saw the pic. Nice!! I've got a friend who really likes his flyknit streak 6's, so I know the flyknit seems to work for some people when going fast. Just not for me, or at least in this shoe anyway. I need a good lockdown and these don't do it. The laces don't seem to do much for tightening either, it's pretty much just the flyknit booty holding you in. I was about head out on my run this morning and realized I hadn't tied the laces, didn't even notice they were untied.

I just switched over to your new performance thread and saw the pic. Nice!! I've got a friend who really likes his flyknit streak 6's, so I know the flyknit seems to work for some people when going fast. Just not for me, or at least in this shoe anyway. I need a good lockdown and these don't do it. The laces don't seem to do much for tightening either, it's pretty much just the flyknit booty holding you in. I was about head out on my run this morning and realized I hadn't tied the laces, didn't even notice they were untied.

I think the best Flyknit I've worn was on the 2015 Free 4.0. I really think they perfected it there and keep trying to reinvent the wheel. The real problem I think is that even with a small amount of cushioning/overlays in a traditional upper, that foam can expand or contract with the shape of the foot, thus accommodating a larger variety of footshapes. But Flyknit is made too exacting, so if your foot doesn't fit just right, it's way too loose or tight.

How do you solve the 'popping' sound when walking on some surfaces?

My friend and I have the same problem with our pairs after wearing them for a few hours. I believe it's moisture building up and causing some kind of bubble inside the fabric underneath the insole.

I tried baby powder under the insoles but the popping comes back. I also tried a couple of different insoles and had the same outcome. The only remedy I've found so far is to remove the insole. Contemplating if I should return them to Finishline. I have a feeling my replacement pair will have the same problem.

:pimp:
IMG_0155.JPG

Bonus :lol:
IMG_0157.JPG

I agree that the lock down in the Epic React isn’t amazing. I noticed a little instability when going downhill but it’s fine on flat surfaces. I have the Flyknit Streak 6 and they have much better lock down. I’ve worn them in the Chicago Marathon and they were great. They would still be my Marathon racer if the Vaporfly didn’t come out.

My left shoe has some kind of popping sound under the forefoot, like I'm popping a bubble when I step. And NO ONE has any to exchange.

I had to respond to this post. I've had the same problem now, on my third pair of these, all with the same exact same symptoms, popping noise in either one or both of the shoes. It's in an inherent flaw in the design of the shoe unfortunately, I would imagine alot of people will experience it who use the shoe to run especially. The issue appears, and don't quote me on this I am no expert, but the white lining under the removable foot bed is loose and not connected to the React Foam (towards the forefoot). Seems to happen after you use the shoe for a while, for me it's been after each of my 7 miles runs. Same exact issue...You work the shoe, heat the shoe and the foam up (a good thing) and start sweating in it, and it's almost like the moisture creates a suction or something inside as your foot moves forward, and the popping noise is the release of the air/sweat through the tiny holes in that white lining material. My guess is powder (as someone else suggested) will only help temporarily. I am going to put a razor slice in that white material and see what happens after a few more sweaty runs.

I can honestly say this is one of the best lifestyle and running shoes I have ever worn, I want to keep it and I have two pairs, one which I have not worn because of this issue. With that said the noise is incredibly annoying and can be extremely loud. I was walking through the airport yesterday and people were staring at me laughing since its in both of my shoes. I am not sure what will happen if I relieve that air hole but I have to try it out. I am also curious if it has something to do with the fact I wear Smartwool socks, which quickly move moisture away from the foot and into the shoe. Either way shouldn't matter and Nike should have tested this shoe longer, I shouldnt have to deal with the hassle of buying and returning the same pair of shoes three times for the same exact issue. I imagine alot of people will be disappointed with this, but everyones foot is different so maybe some do not experience it.

I am going to try cotton socks first, then put a relief cut in that white material that has come undone from the React Foam and take it from there. If it changes anything positive/negative I will report back. Thanks Nike for making an super comfortable high performance running shoe that is a complete pain in my ***!

Anyone have problems with clicking noise with every step? Been reading thru the thread and I have yet to find any answers.

Anyone have problems with clicking noise with every step? Been reading thru the thread and I have yet to find any answers.
Several people have mentioned it, myself included, but no answers on how to stop it yet.

Several people have mentioned it, myself included, but no answers on how to stop it yet.

See my post above. Same issue and I think I may have identified the source of the issue. I could be wrong but these ideas will be a good starting point for you in the event you like the shoe as much as I do and don't want to return it.

UPDATE: See Nike's response here in the review titled "Durability And Defects"..They responded very well and honestly. Looks my assumptions on what was wrong are correct, it's the EXACT area I was referencing above. Looks like we got them early from a bad batch. Link below. I would send them back and buy direct from Nike from the new batch they say has no defects. I am going to call them today.

https://www.nike.com/t/epic-react-flyknit-mens-running-shoe-ZwTJE04z/AQ0067-400

These are hard to get a nice a fit, size 9.5 is really snug, i took out the insole, feels pretty good, but its not nearly as soft anymore. size 10 feels good, but its a bit long in length. I cant win with shoe, and my odd feet.

Same exact problem with the same exact sizes. What size you gonna end up keeping?

I had the popping noise in my right shoe when I first wore them. But after a night of wearing them it just went away. Also, just bought a pair of the OG navy colorway on eBay using the 20% off coupon. Excited to get them!

Last edited:
Copped the Triple Blacks with the eBay 20% coupon + Ebates 10%

Basically got it for retail

Thanks for the heads up on the ebay 20% off. Checked it out and found a pair of the black/black/blues in my size that were 3 days used. Copped em for ~$117 after promo & ebates. Figure for that price, it's worth a the slight use on em.

This link sends me to the retail page
UPDATE: See Nike's response here in the review titled "Durability And Defects"..They responded very well and honestly. Looks my assumptions on what was wrong are correct, it's the EXACT area I was referencing above. Looks like we got them early from a bad batch. Link below. I would send them back and buy direct from Nike from the new batch they say has no defects. I am going to call them today.

https://www.nike.com/t/epic-react-flyknit-mens-running-shoe-ZwTJE04z/AQ0067-400

Back
Top Bottom