Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

Anyone use orthotics in these? All my recent Nike cops I've had to go without my orthotics and my flat feet end up suffering on long days of wear. These seem really low profile like Flyknit Racers so I'm assuming orthotic insoles are a no go? I'd love to be proven wrong by anyone's experience, though

Def wanna go in and try some on at Nike but I know the colorways I want will likely be online

Been getting knee pains recently while running in my Flyknit Free 5.0's on the treadmill and around the city. Anyone move on from a Free sole to React? Really considering giving these a shot, but don't want to just throw my money away to end up disappointed.

Last edited:
Been getting knee pains recently while running in my Flyknit Free 5.0's on the treadmill and around the city. Anyone move on from a Free sole to React? Really considering giving these a shot, but don't want to just throw my away to end up disappointed.

I also used to wear frees years ago and my knees hurt. Then I started wearing all kinds of different models with cushioning like lunar and boost. Not even kidding, knee pain was gone. Do yourself a favor and stop wearing Free's seriously.

I also used to wear frees years ago and my knees hurt. Then I started wearing all kinds of different models with cushioning like lunar and boost. Not even kidding, knee pain was gone. Do yourself a favor and stop wearing Free's seriously.
I figured it was time to let go of the Frees. I was originally learning towards something with Lunar, but I know there are mixed reviews in regards to the cushion giving out after a while. These seem like the logical alternative. Thanks for the words!

I too switched from running in Frees to Lunar and now React. That coupled with strength training and shifting from a heel strike to a mid/forefoot strike has eliminated all my knee pain.

Wow. Finish Line must've received new stock because they have every men's CW available right now. They even have the original white/blue/pink, but only available in a couple of sizes. The rest of the CW's seem to have most sizes available.

Edit: Minus the Navy CW. That's not there.

After returning my black/blue Epics, I ordered another pair yesterday.
Hope the new pair doesn't pop.

After going back and forward about keeping these, or returning them to buy the Vapor Street, I've decided to return them. I did a test run (3.6 miles) in the Olive/Matcha pair and they felt good but it wasn't that run-changing feeling I had when I first ran in the Lunar Epics a few years back. Also for some reason, and this may be more of a technical thing with myself, I felt my left foot starting to ache about 2 miles in which I thought was odd; most likely a form thing that I have to fix.

Overall, I like the shoe but I'm going to wait for pairs to be marked down in the future. Again, it's a great shoe that obviously provided benefits late in the run due to its lightweight, but just not leaps and bounds better than the Lunar Epic when it comes to the cushion IMO. If I were to keep them for casual purposes, I'd rather just spend a little more and have the Vapor Street.

00714379-80B3-4EAB-B1E7-992A84052608.png
F7EE5388-3FF2-4FD8-90F2-FC3855DD7225.png

Does Nike reward you randomly for hitting certain achievements? I’ve been using the NRC app for a little over a month but I don’t usually do the guided runs, I just use the quick start and track my runs.

^^^
The guided runs are actually pretty dope, very basic coaching and they don't talk the whole time. It's more so tips at the beginning and they do check -ins in between the run. I did the Mo Farrah 30-minute run recently. Congrats on the free pair too!

Does Nike reward you randomly for hitting certain achievements? I’ve been using the NRC app for a little over a month but I don’t usually do the guided runs, I just use the quick start and track my runs.
I have no idea but the guided runs are fun and encouraging.

Guided runs are solid. I did the bill nye one and it was pretty cool. They spent too much time bantering though. I like it when. They get inspirational story with it.

Personally, I’m loving how Nike is rewarding people to get more active!

NRC app has perks for run levels too. When you start hitting different run levels, you can earn access to certain items or discounts on items deemed for running. Here’s the last one I received.

3CEB0590-A98F-4B3A-AB2F-03E55AE9DACA.png

Last edited:
I use the Apple Watch Workout App for my runs. I'm going to try and Nike Run Club app on the watch if I can get it to work.

I use the Apple Watch Workout App for my runs. I'm going to try and Nike Run Club app on the watch if I can get it to work.

I use my Apple Watch post run when I do my cool down walk so it doesn’t throw off my average time. I got hooked on the NRC app back when I had a Nike+ Fuelband, but I can’t even remember if it was even called the Nike Run Club app back then :lol:

I bought a pair of Nike Zoom Fly yesterday and went on a quick 5k run, and I HATED them. The stack was so high, my calves absolutely killed. I exchanged them for a pair of Epic Reacts at lunch, will try them this weekend. I'm coming from a pair of Flyknit Lunar 2s, which I always found had a bit too high of a drop for my flatter feet, and the heel cup digged into my achilles all the time and it was excruciating.

Back
Top Bottom