Nike SB x Jordan IV? - 2023

Y’all calling them Celtic SBs got me laughing
Celtrick 4s

You’re like:
FFC6372A-9CD5-47BE-AF18-07CF391CC71D.jpeg

The shoes are fine. The colorway itself is just boring on the silhouette imo. We have the orginal Sbs, we have the military blacks. I’d want the next SB 4s not to look like a consolation prize if you missed out on the 2 colorways I mentioned lol

I know folks would disagree but I’d love for them to use the Nike SB silhouette to reintroduced the 2005 laser 4s. Especially the black pair if done right.
IMG_8268.jpeg
IMG_8269.jpeg

We finally get a good Air Jordan 4 shape after 20+ years and you ask for these two colorways?🤣🤮

We finally get a good Air Jordan 4 shape after 20+ years and you ask for these two colorways?🤣🤮

lol absolutely. we already know the white cements and black cements are coming at some point and I don’t need anymore “versatile”/can go with every outfit colorways. Give me the laser pack, columbias, sands, mist blues as a comfortable Jordan 4 SB. I’ll take anything from 2004-2007 with a modern midsole with paint that doesn’t crack 3 seconds after you wear them. Retro + colorways from that era blow the [insert color] cements/thunders that we’ve been getting

Damn skateboarding division cares more about the shape and appearance of one of the best Air Jordans ever than the brand that is supposed to represent MJ's history.

>D
It’s shameful, really. The SB division of Nike seems to understand the importance of attention to detail, whereas it’s obviously a foreign concept within the JB division.

I guess they are at least willing to copy the homework that SB did, to an extent.

There’s no such thing as an sb division. Jordan brand just thinks they can get away with giving people reps and then reeling them in for special projects
There is (maybe was, at this point) the SB office that was near the cafeteria on Campus. I've been gone from Nike as an employee for awhile now, so things might have changed. The crew working at SB in the mid-to-late 2000's was a good bunch. I was even gifted the Pee Wee's.

There’s no such thing as an sb division. Jordan brand just thinks they can get away with giving people reps and then reeling them in for special projects

There is (maybe was, at this point) the SB office that was near the cafeteria on Campus. I've been gone from Nike as an employee for awhile now, so things might have changed. The crew working at SB in the mid-to-late 2000's was a good bunch. I was even gifted the Pee Wee's.

Definitely still a thing.

ACG, Nike SB, Nike Running, Nike Basketball… I mean Nike does have different departments (divisions) running areas they specialize in.

I think it’s important to remember this collaboration took a couple years to finish. So this was a significant undertaking and it wasn’t on any tight deadline to be mass produced in huge numbers. Whether that’s all the SB people or not seems less relevant to me. I find it hard to believe that the designers are different in their regard to detail or OG specs at SB vs JB. I think it’s hard for many people to come to grips with deliberate decisions we don’t like that they do like as part of their larger sales strategy.

And let’s be real: you land shoe of the year on a Jordan 4 in 2023 you’ve crushed it out of the park. It can cover for a dozen ****ty Jordan retros cause no one remembers the losers

ACG, Nike SB, Nike Running, Nike Basketball… I mean Nike does have different departments (divisions) running areas they specialize in.
You are correct! Different offices/divisions located within the different buildings on-Campus. I did a shadow with Team Sports once in the Jordan Building. That was definitely not the career path I wanted. But, it was fun to see what those people do.

If you haven't had the opportunity, take a guided tour of the Campus. It's free, and worth your time if you're into Nike's history.

I think it’s important to remember this collaboration took a couple years to finish. So this was a significant undertaking and it wasn’t on any tight deadline to be mass produced in huge numbers. Whether that’s all the SB people or not seems less relevant to me. I find it hard to believe that the designers are different in their regard to detail or OG specs at SB vs JB. I think it’s hard for many people to come to grips with deliberate decisions we don’t like that they do like as part of their larger sales strategy.

And let’s be real: you land shoe of the year on a Jordan 4 in 2023 you’ve crushed it out of the park. It can cover for a dozen ****ty Jordan retros cause no one remembers the losers
Like what decisions, do you mean the way they retro or market or release them?

Or the actual shapae and design of the shoe?

Like what decisions, do you mean the way they retro or market or release them?

Or the actual shapae and design of the shoe?
Or maybe Nike/JB just don’t care to make a better mold? (I know they have the SB mold).
Someone posted the brands yearly revenue 6.6 Billion or something like that. That was doubled from 2017 I think.
At the end of the day Nike/JB are a business.
I highly doubt anyone in the brand is losing sleep over the molds not being correct. JMT.

Back
Top Bottom