Nike SB x Jordan IV? - 2023

It's kind of like the AM90 Infrared from 2020; near perfect reproduction, but they don't use that mold on any other non-AMIII releases; why the heck not?! Same with these SBs. That I just don't understand.
It’s all part of the strategy and hype machine. They gave us near OG specs on all Og shoes released this year. Not quite perfect cause they still want the room to market perfection.

But it’s clear as day it’s not the brand misunderstanding what is wanted, it’s purposely coming up short for the long run.

They might give us the shape but then remove the zoom from the midsole, give us a non plush midsole or give us subpar upper materials. This is the way jb does things
In fairness these are not standard 4 features so the re-tooling to the entire line of 4’s wasn’t something I was ever expecting. I prefer rubber over plastic wings too, but just never expected that to pop up on standard 4 retros.

In some ways the purist would be against changing the shoe for comfort so even within this discussion there’s confounding views people hold.

In fairness these are not standard 4 features so the re-tooling to the entire line of 4’s wasn’t something I was ever expecting. I prefer rubber over plastic wings too, but just never expected that to pop up on standard 4 retros.

In some ways the purist would be against changing the shoe for comfort so even within this discussion there’s confounding views people hold.
The reimagined and military blues are confirmed to have rubber wings?
And you really think anyone would be pissed at a comfortable 4? The OGs we’re comfortable.

OG 4 and 5 are some of the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. No joke.
Some dudes just like to type I guess. Doesn’t matter if it’s complete nonsense. Imagine being a “purist” for the regular current non sb 4 mold. That’s literally nobody.

Some dudes just like to type I guess. Doesn’t matter if it’s complete nonsense. Imagine being a “purist” for the regular current non sb 4 mold. That’s literally nobody.

I just wish we could get some consistency. It's wild to me that even within the same "season" of releases the shapes/cuts are all over the place. Blows my mind how the right and left shoes of the same pair vary so mucb recently.

The reimagined and military blues are confirmed to have rubber wings?
And you really think anyone would be pissed at a comfortable 4? The OGs we’re comfortable.
Is that confirmed anywhere officially? I couldn’t tell from the official photos if they were rubber on the reimagined breds or not.

I just wish we could get some consistency. It's wild to me that even within the same "season" of releases the shapes/cuts are all over the place. Blows my mind how the right and left shoes of the same pair vary so mucb recently.

I'm glad I don't hyper-analyze my pairs like a lot of y'all do. I'm trying to enjoy this hobby, not become a disgruntled curmudgeon over some slightly mismatched elephant print from shoe to shoe and such. Just give me decent material quality, a decent shape, and nothing egregious in the fit, and I'm good. Then again I'm really not paying over retail for anything and definitely not doing IG photoshoots and needing photo exact perfectionism, and maybe I'm just lucky to have not received anything as egregious as some of y'all make it sound.

I'm glad I don't hyper-analyze my pairs like a lot of y'all do. I'm trying to enjoy this hobby, not become a disgruntled curmudgeon over some slightly mismatched elephant print from shoe to shoe and such. Just give me decent material quality, a decent shape, and nothing egregious in the fit, and I'm good. Then again I'm really not paying over retail for anything and definitely not doing IG photoshoots and needing photo exact perfectionism, and maybe I'm just lucky to have not received anything as egregious as some of y'all make it sound.

I'm not talking about hyperanalyzing slightly mismatched elephant print. That's always gonna happen. I'm talking about things like pairs where the right shoe is tumbled leather and the left shoe is completely smooth. Or pairs where the toes on each shoe are completely different.

IMG_6846.jpeg

SoleSavy? Lol. Those dudes tweeting out anything just to stay relevant. Now that reselling is dead, their business model will soon follow. Time for their owner to find a new hobby and “community” to leech off of.

Lets just say this is real, imagine your brand uses a marketing strategy that youve finally figured out how to actually replicate your own shoes it’s just wild

From a manufacturing perspective Sometimes it’s a little more complicated than that. The process Nike was using to make shoes in 1989 has not only grown to accommodate higher production numbers, but it’s also grow to accommodate more shoes. Shoes that might use some of the same tooling and processes but are different end products like flight 13s or dub zeros. So Nike might compromise on something like shape for the Jordan 4 if it means they can make 5 other shoes come out of that same manufacturing process.

Just my two cents as a manufacturing engineer.

Last edited:
Lets just say this is real, imagine your brand uses a marketing strategy that youve finally figured out how to actually replicate your own shoes it’s just wild
I think it’s more wild just because to do this they would have decided a non-OG build is superior and what the customer wants. Historically that hasn’t played well with heads

Back
Top Bottom