Nike Sponsored Athletes

i'll keep this short and to the point. my workout partner is sponsored by Nike and he explained to me today how the sponsorship works and basically all Nike athletes get special accounts, like a swoosh account on steroids
laugh.gif
 and they have a specified amount of money on it(like a pre paid credit card), and in his case, he had $30,000 for this year 
eek.gif
 He was saying how he can still get shoes like Space Jam's and can already get shoes like the Cool Grey's, the crazy part though is that everything is about 40% off regular retail value.
 I know i'm probably gonna hear "cool starry bra" and w.e, but i thought it was cool and never really knew how sponsorships worked so i figured i'd inform you guys on what i learned today.

i'll keep this short and to the point. my workout partner is sponsored by Nike and he explained to me today how the sponsorship works and basically all Nike athletes get special accounts, like a swoosh account on steroids
laugh.gif
 and they have a specified amount of money on it(like a pre paid credit card), and in his case, he had $30,000 for this year 
eek.gif
 He was saying how he can still get shoes like Space Jam's and can already get shoes like the Cool Grey's, the crazy part though is that everything is about 40% off regular retail value.
 I know i'm probably gonna hear "cool starry bra" and w.e, but i thought it was cool and never really knew how sponsorships worked so i figured i'd inform you guys on what i learned today.

Originally Posted by Mr NikeTalk Sr

swoosh accounts are also 40% off. but idk how he can still get space jams...
if hes sponsored by nike then im sure he can get them, nike/jordan most likely has some stored for just athletes.

Originally Posted by Mr NikeTalk Sr

swoosh accounts are also 40% off. but idk how he can still get space jams...
if hes sponsored by nike then im sure he can get them, nike/jordan most likely has some stored for just athletes.

My homie is sponsored by Nike. They randomly stuff shipped to his house on a reg basis. He can request stuff from his Nike Rep but nothing is guaranteed if they cant stock locate it (we tried with Space Jams and no go). He can get any he pretty much anything he request if they can stock locate it, But he honestly doesn't care for this stuff, like most athletes sponsored by Nike. Anytime he walks into a Nike store he gets $1500.00 spending limit.

My homie is sponsored by Nike. They randomly stuff shipped to his house on a reg basis. He can request stuff from his Nike Rep but nothing is guaranteed if they cant stock locate it (we tried with Space Jams and no go). He can get any he pretty much anything he request if they can stock locate it, But he honestly doesn't care for this stuff, like most athletes sponsored by Nike. Anytime he walks into a Nike store he gets $1500.00 spending limit.

damn. dont air out Tyreke like that. "He doesnt care". Giving friends all his spending limit. Someone at Nike's gonna see this and drop his spending limit. all because of you.

but seriously, i always wondered if these dudes have Nike working really hard on some PEs... " Let me get the barkleys or latest griffey retros in black/purple/silver". Hyperdunk PEs dont do it for me. I would be making crazy requests on PE models.

damn. dont air out Tyreke like that. "He doesnt care". Giving friends all his spending limit. Someone at Nike's gonna see this and drop his spending limit. all because of you.

but seriously, i always wondered if these dudes have Nike working really hard on some PEs... " Let me get the barkleys or latest griffey retros in black/purple/silver". Hyperdunk PEs dont do it for me. I would be making crazy requests on PE models.

Back
Top Bottom