NIKE STORES IMPLEMENTING THE RSVP SYSTEM

Originally Posted by RV019

I'm so confused. I thought it was a direct message not a @mention?

How did this guy get it if he @mentioned them?
I'm going to assume NikeLV had more pairs available than they had people RSVP for through DM. So, after they took care of all the DM's, they RSVP'd some the @ replies.

It took like an hour for them to reply NikePortland But then they sent a DM saying i was Successfully RSVP for the playoff 12 and blah blah blah. I think it works good and much better then standing inline for hours hoping your gonna get your size or a pair for sure

Originally Posted by Fully Calibrated

Originally Posted by capo1119

Originally Posted by Fully Calibrated

Yeah if you wasn't up by 8am you def wasnt getting a pair lol. Registration closed 2 hours after that so I'm guessing it took a while for everyone to catch up in NYC

I sent me RSVP at 8 AM and still got no confirmation.

Maybe you didn't DM it to them or you wrote stuff incorrectly
So if you submitted your information in the wrong order you would be disqualified?  For example if I put #AJ12 10.5 1234

Originally Posted by beansietime

This system just ensured that I will never get a pair of anything from a Niketown ever again. I can't sit on twitter all day at my job. Doesn't really matter anyway. I haven't bought a new release at Niketown in years
No need to sit at your computer on twitter, you can setup twitter to send you notifications and you can do everything on your phone.  That's if you have a smart phone. 

Love this system! When I was standin in line for the 4s I was thinkin...some of these cats infront of me weren't even born yet when I was rockin og concords! Sorry, but to me its ridiculous that I have to stand in line behind a bunch of bandwagoners for somethin I've been true to for over 20 years, before it was cool. When I had og infrared 6s all the kids at my school clowned me n called em space boots lol

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by beansietime

This system just ensured that I will never get a pair of anything from a Niketown ever again. I can't sit on twitter all day at my job. Doesn't really matter anyway. I haven't bought a new release at Niketown in years
No need to sit at your computer on twitter, you can setup twitter to send you notifications and you can do everything on your phone.  That's if you have a smart phone. 

I understand that and I do have a smart phone. I just don't have the kind of job where I can pull it out and respond in the couple minutes that i would have to do a response in time to get a pair. Like it said though it's cool. I wasn't the guy lining up at Niketown anyway so it doesn't really affect me right now.

this is flat out stupid IMO. how about the ones who don't want an account? or the ones who don't know how to use twitter? or the ones without a smartphone?
Nike should produce more shoes so everyone has a chance of getting a pair and resellers are put to shame.

Originally Posted by east99

this is flat out stupid IMO. how about the ones who don't want an account? or the ones who don't know how to use twitter? or the ones without a smartphone?
Nike should produce more shoes so everyone has a chance of getting a pair and resellers are put to shame.

What about the people with full time jobs? What about the people who dont want to get trampled in lines? What about the people who dont want to get shot over a pair of shoes?

Good luck tomorrow morning

I had a few friends who are not the most tech savvy or social media buffs, setup a twitter just to avoid the lines.  
They were pretty happy.   

Originally Posted by nightruans

What about the people with full time jobs? What about the people who dont want to get trampled in lines? What about the people who dont want to get shot over a pair of shoes?

QFT....

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Airtwo3jrdn wrote:

?

BRO.....

PART OF MY JOB INVOLVES WRITING CODE AND I WAS JUST AT MY DESK TODAY AT WORK WRITING SOMETHING JUST LIKE THIS UP.

IF NIKE DALLAS DOES THIS RSVP THING WITH THE YEEZY'S IT'S OVER. THE CODE WILL BE USED.
devil.gif

thought you were an accountant
LOL. WHAT?
laugh.gif

NO MAN I'M AN ELECTRICAL ENGINEER W/ ONLY 2 CLASSES AWAY FROM HAVING A MINOR IN COMPUTER ENGINEERING.

engineer. smart dude
pimp.gif

SO BASICALLY IT BOILS DOWN TO THIS...

NIKE WANTED TO AVOID CAMPOUTS AND LINE UPS BUT BY THE LOOKS OF IT ALL OF US GOT AN RSVP FOR 7A-8A.

SO THAT MEANS PPL ARE ALREADY SHOOTING OUT TO NTNY WAAAAY B4 7A "JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE" SO NO MATTER WHAT A LINE UP AND CAMP OUT IS INEVITABLE...

THERE IS ONLY ONE SOLUTION FOR THIS...

Spoiler [+]
MAKE ENOUGH PAIRS FOR THE THIRSTY MASSES!!!

IMO this us a great idea. Of course it has flaws like any system but the way they are doing it now is totally flawed. It gives those who don't can't and won't campout a chance to get very limited releases (like the Galaxies). I have a job so knowing I have a shot @ those releases now makes me happy. This doesn't guarantee me anything but now I have a better chance.Salute to Nike for finally thinking with there head instead.of there @@*hole.

so basically it doesnt matter if you successfully rsvp within the time. i think i heard that you can receive confirmation and still not get a pair instore. it depends upon the quantity they have?

Originally Posted by nightruans

you're going to make line no matter what. the only difference is that you will get your pair for sure and it won't be as hectic. if people are getting shot it only means the police aren't doing their job.
bottom line, Nike should just produce more shoes so we win and they win and resellers loose.
smile.gif

To those saying there will still be lines...Nike Dallas was absolutely line free!!!! Pick up time was 7am-9am for playoffs, I strolled in a lil after 8am...told dude my size, last 4 of DL#, he yelled to the register 9.5 and I walked up n payed. Nobody in the store besides me and employees. As I was leaving another dude was casually strolling in!!!! LOVE THIS!

Nike LA had a line about 30 deep at 9:55. There were only 2-3 people there w/o RSVP who were quickly told to leave. I was still outta there by 10:15 with my pair, and I strolled around for a bit after I had them. Everyone there seemed to be a fan of the RSVP system, especially me.

i love the rsvp system because I'm able to know that on thursday i wont be able to get a pair on saturday i can make other plans. I walked in at 1130 gave my id and got my shoes. I couldn't be happier with this, props to nike. although NDC still needs to workout their server issues. Multi billion dollar corporation cant handle the traffic for some sneakers? comeonman

Originally Posted by CowColor

will the nike running stores even be selling jordans?

Seriously bro?......................................................................I've been working at a Nike Running store since late '11 and at LEAST 10 people PER SHIFT ask NOT IF WE HAVE JORDANS, but WHY DON'T WE HAVE JORDANS.
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom