NIKE STORES IMPLEMENTING THE RSVP SYSTEM

hey no stock pics

i seriously hope they drop the rsvp dates like in the middle of the week and pickups in the middle. eliminates alot of hsers

And honestly niketalk can do to implement a similar NT Members only solution so that lurkers couldnt see particluar info on here *cough cough*

Sounds like a decent idea. Its understandable from Nike's point of view as it limits potential future legal liabilities.

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

if there isnt a nt in your area you are s.o.l.

What do you want Nike to do about that? They're doing what they can with their own retail stores and setting a model for other retailers to follow. I think that's the important part. If people find this works for them, then it's likely other retailers will adopt this model. No one likes campouts, especially retailers located in malls. The malls hate it and I'm sure employees dread having to deal with long lines, angry crowds, incessant calls, etc.

Originally Posted by trappedintime

if there isnt a nt in your area you are s.o.l.

What do you want Nike to do about that? They're doing what they can with their own retail stores and setting a model for other retailers to follow. I think that's the important part. If people find this works for them, then it's likely other retailers will adopt this model. No one likes campouts, especially retailers located in malls. The malls hate it and I'm sure employees dread having to deal with long lines, angry crowds, incessant calls, etc.

Nothing. I find it as a mixed blessing in disguise. on one hand it saves us from the chaos and unnecessary rampage. Its more of a order and pick up much like ordering take out. On the other hand for those that cannot make it to an actual, physical Niketown when you consider that only 9 states out of 50 have a niketown store. then there are 3 that have nikestores. dont know how many each state has. ny has basically two official nike stores. do the math, calculate, and we all will see how this turns out

You didnt finish your thought. What does it do to the people that dnt have an NT (and I count 24 in 12 states). I don't see what changes, if you don't have an NT near you then you wouldn't be able to get this stock to begin with, as this is in-store stock you're bidding to purchase. It's pretty much the same potential customers that would normally go to an NT, but they no longer have to camp or deal with chaos in person. For Nike it may get some new customers in the door who live near an NT but avoid it for releases because of the chaos. Now they're in the door on release day but not stuck in a line, potentially buying other products.

You didnt finish your thought. What does it do to the people that dnt have an NT (and I count 24 in 12 states). I don't see what changes, if you don't have an NT near you then you wouldn't be able to get this stock to begin with, as this is in-store stock you're bidding to purchase. It's pretty much the same potential customers that would normally go to an NT, but they no longer have to camp or deal with chaos in person. For Nike it may get some new customers in the door who live near an NT but avoid it for releases because of the chaos. Now they're in the door on release day but not stuck in a line, potentially buying other products.

you didnt understand. what does it have to do? then they have to join the online chaos instead of properly ordering through rsvp system. thats the whole point. do you want your browser to crash and possibly being forced to buy through resellers? I can bet the other Nike authorized retailers are still gonna deal with lineups, campouts, people rushing in and security doing their "job" and employees and their "well we got only 3 pairs in sz x y and z" crap , and riots. hopefully they will learn too.

It's a shame it's come to this.
30t6p3b.gif

you didnt understand. what does it have to do? then they have to join the online chaos instead of properly ordering through rsvp system. thats the whole point. do you want your browser to crash and possibly being forced to buy through resellers? I can bet the other Nike authorized retailers are still gonna deal with lineups, campouts, people rushing in and security doing their "job" and riots. hopefully they will learn too.

Browser crash? I don't think this is much of an issue that a Nike release will bring down twitter. They also haven't said that ALL inventory will be sold online. They've just said midnight releases will be eliminated and that limited amounts of inventory will be available through this system. No one is being forced to buy through resellers. This will help people get shoes before the on-sale date and they will still have many retail options if they don't. All this does is push the Nike in-store purchasing process forward and limit the chaos and camping that is undoubtedly bad for everyone.

you didnt understand. what does it have to do? then they have to join the online chaos instead of properly ordering through rsvp system. thats the whole point. do you want your browser to crash and possibly being forced to buy through resellers? I can bet the other Nike authorized retailers are still gonna deal with lineups, campouts, people rushing in and security doing their "job" and riots. hopefully they will learn too.

Browser crash? I don't think this is much of an issue that a Nike release will bring down twitter. They also haven't said that ALL inventory will be sold online. They've just said midnight releases will be eliminated and that limited amounts of inventory will be available through this system. No one is being forced to buy through resellers. This will help people get shoes before the on-sale date and they will still have many retail options if they don't. All this does is push the Nike in-store purchasing process forward and limit the chaos and camping that is undoubtedly bad for everyone.

I meant NDC. The online will be interesting. no more timeouts hopefully. it seems much easier to rsvp and pickup. they should probably just stop online. jk. If the majority is through online then who knows if there will be triple the traffic since a portion is now sold through rsvp. those who cant rsvp are heading straight to nt twitter, footlocker, etc. I wish there more authorized online nike retailers. then ndc and the majors would be a thing of the past. too many bootlegs sites out there.

nike twitter rsvp is for nikestores/niketowns, im not sure about nike factory stores or nike outlets. there are 23 available local nike store twitter accounts, so that should make it more accessible

so since nikes site go down when releases are dropped, this will crash twitter. Ive been staying away from twitter since it cant out, know i gotta be a freakin follower

It's a shame? I mean is it a shame Nike's products are in higher demand? Or a shame that technology is automating inefficient processes? I really don't think either. More companies are going to use social media and other communications and tech ology tools in order to make their people more productive and better manage their brand. I think this is a great move by Nike and just shows their high level of brand management. This is also what a lot of people were asking for.

It's a shame? I mean is it a shame Nike's products are in higher demand? Or a shame that technology is automating inefficient processes? I really don't think either. More companies are going to use social media and other communications and tech ology tools in order to make their people more productive and better manage their brand. I think this is a great move by Nike and just shows their high level of brand management. This is also what a lot of people were asking for.
It's a shame things (people) have gotten so out of control that this is now necessary. 

It's a great start for the RSVP but let see if it works would have to make a test purchase ... Lol at the first pic dudes need the LED TVand they could live their

Anyone know how they handle kid sizes ? Tweeted at my local NT and they didn't really answer my question, said RSVP is only for men's size.
Are kids size on a first come first serve basis when the shop opens ?

NOT TECHNICALLY RELATED TO SHOES BUT JUST HAD A THOUGHT:

AS THE WORLD BECOMES MORE TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED AND WE RELY MORE AND MORE ON AUTOMATED SOLUTIONS THERE WILL BE LESS AND LESS ACTUAL PHYSICAL JOBS.

JUST THINK ABOUT JOBS THAT EXISTED 10 YEARS AGO THAT DON'T EVEN EXIST ANYMORE TODAY. WONDER WHAT JOBS WON'T EXIST ANYMORE 10 YEARS FROM NOW.

JUST THINKING OUT LOUD....

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

AS THE WORLD BECOMES MORE TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED AND WE RELY MORE AND MORE ON AUTOMATED SOLUTIONS THERE WILL BE LESS AND LESS ACTUAL PHYSICAL JOBS.

JUST THINK ABOUT JOBS THAT EXISTED 10 YEARS AGO THAT DON'T EVEN EXIST ANYMORE TODAY. WONDER WHAT JOBS WON'T EXIST ANYMORE 10 YEARS FROM NOW.

Very true like walking into Walmart or Kroger and its self checkout

If they're going to do this for all the general releases then the 4's and the bred 11's that release later this year are going to be an easy cop for me.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

in a way its sad that the human race are programming ourselves to be self sufficient, automated, extremely productive, all by being super efficient because of technology. if man is doing the automation, he can certainly stop it as well. its just a matter of realizing the limit of greed through the conscience, that is if they have one unlike a machine.

Back
Top Bottom