NIKE STORES IMPLEMENTING THE RSVP SYSTEM

Originally Posted by natisfynest

I just wish the RSVP did rely on twitter. Not that it matters, aint a nike store anywhere near me. But I dont use twitter

Yeah, i agree. I don't like how it is limited strictly to Twitter. The options should be broadened.

Originally Posted by rojanjon

I'm glad there were some successes with this system.  Hopefully, it is just a sign of things to come to alleviate some of this madness...
30t6p3b.gif

Yeah, the big test will be the Bred 11 release this Christmas.Hopefully things get better way before than so more people can get their pair as well.

If the main goal of the RSVP system is to decrease chaos, camping, and long lines at the stores then I'd say the twitter system is successful.

But if the twitter system is to ensure equality and that everyone has a fair chance of getting their pair, I'd say it's a failure. I don't know for a fact that this is happening, but in my mind, the person in charge of the twitter account has the ability to register whoever he/she wants for the pairs since everything is virtual and no one can actually see who registered first. For instance, I was able to RSVP within 40 seconds for a release but didn't receive a pair. I can totally see the owner of the twitter account just going through and picking names he/she recognizes or his/her friends.

I feel like this new system just enables too much shadiness as people don't know what's truly going on. But I guess that's the price you pay to prevent chaos.

I have no NikeStore near me so this system doesn't really affect me, but I think it's a step in the right direction.  The people in here complaining about RSVP need to realize that we did it to ourselves by letting these releases get so out of hand.  Even if it wasn't necessarily us causing the problems, people from the outside only see it as the sneaker community as a whole causing problems.  Almost every one of us has given in to reseller prices for sneakers we want and obviously the reason releases get so crazy is all the resellers.  We stop paying reseller prices, no where near as many people will be "sneakerheads" within a couple years, and the people who are really copping for the right reasons will get their pairs.  Just my opinion, I could be wrong

To bad the closest Nike store from me is in Chicago and they closed until the fall can't wait for the reopening though

RSVP in LA is completely unfair. The employees give their friends and family all the info to DM which basically guarantees them a pair. By the end of the year for the Breds, this will be a complete disaster.

@%%# that.. i dont tweet, thass stupid. might as well just draw a lottery or play a game of turkey bingo lol

I think the system is definitely flawed.  I assume most people are using their smartphone to receive their twitter notification, but everyone's phones gets notifications at different times.  For example, me and my brother both follow the same nike twitter account and when they tweet something, we might get the tweet 30 seconds apart.  That 30 second difference is HUGE, especially living in the Bay.  I'd like it if they just said that they'll pick the DM's by lottery. At least that way I'd feel like I have a chance.
mad.gif

How do you set up twitter notifications using an iPhone... I heard you can get a txt directly to your phone when a twitter account posts.

Originally Posted by SamB

How do you set up twitter notifications using an iPhone... I heard you can get a txt directly to your phone when a twitter account posts.
If you have the official twitter app, you can set up notifications for new @mentions and DM's.

^ Okay, just get the official twitter app from the app store.

Then go under the tab "Me" farthest right tab.

9kcvab.png

Scroll down, then you click on Settings at the bottom.

34eaxjp.png

Then you click on Notifications in which case you can make notifications for Mentions, Retweets, Favorites and of course, DMs.

2lt7pj.png

It'll notify you via alert on your phone when you get one a @mention or DM.

Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by MurdaMilJoker

Cant wait unti they finally open up the HOH in my area so I can finally try to RSVP a pair

you mean Nikestore?  RSVP is only for Niketown stores

I have to say i went at 6pm to nike store roosevelt field and one guy runs the whole thing. He asked me and one other guy what size's we needed and then asked one of his i guess "friends" because he called him by his name. He said he needs a "12" the same size as the guy waiting for the 6pm release to the public and he said i can't do that closest thing we got is a 10 bro. Seems legit over here.

As much as this is a good idea, I'm 0 for 4 on RSVPs. Looks like I'll still camp for some releases SMH

Maybe enough of you 'skeptics' have complained enough...Nike Dallas tweeted today that they're doin physical wristbanding again instead of Twitter for the God awful grey 12. I called and asked out of curiosity if they were goin back to that permanently and dude wouldn't give me a straight answer.

Originally Posted by d skyz 1

Maybe enough of you 'skeptics' have complained enough...Nike Dallas tweeted today that they're doin physical wristbanding again instead of Twitter for the God awful grey 12. I called and asked out of curiosity if they were goin back to that permanently and dude wouldn't give me a straight answer.

They only do it for major releases that are hyped up those 12's aren't hyped enough to warrant it.

Back
Top Bottom