NIKE STORES IMPLEMENTING THE RSVP SYSTEM

Originally Posted by hypebeast69

Originally Posted by d skyz 1

Maybe enough of you 'skeptics' have complained enough...Nike Dallas tweeted today that they're doin physical wristbanding again instead of Twitter for the God awful grey 12. I called and asked out of curiosity if they were goin back to that permanently and dude wouldn't give me a straight answer.

They only do it for major releases that are hyped up those 12's aren't hyped enough to warrant it.

That's kinda what I thought, but I don't think those 12s even warrant wristbands lol LeBron maize elites were fcfs...go figure

I'm 3/3, but only because we have 2 Nike Towns in SoCal. It really helps me out since I missed the tweet for one store on the XI lows and Cavs because of class, but I sure as hell prepared my DM for the other store
laugh.gif

RSVP system is first come first serve. Been saying it before, because you sent your DM in under 15secs, it doesn't mean they're going to receive at the same time. Sometimes messages gets delayed cause of traffic.

Originally Posted by BrAdNoN

I have no NikeStore near me so this system doesn't really affect me, but I think it's a step in the right direction.  The people in here complaining about RSVP need to realize that we did it to ourselves by letting these releases get so out of hand.  Even if it wasn't necessarily us causing the problems, people from the outside only see it as the sneaker community as a whole causing problems.  Almost every one of us has given in to reseller prices for sneakers we want and obviously the reason releases get so crazy is all the resellers.  We stop paying reseller prices, no where near as many people will be "sneakerheads" within a couple years, and the people who are really copping for the right reasons will get their pairs.  Just my opinion, I could be wrong
You arent
30t6p3b.gif

I'm curious how they are handling unclaimed pairs. For the Cav 4's, Santa Monica tweeted available sizes in 8, 10.5, 11, and 13 early Monday (two days after RD), phone orders only, and sold out in about 15 minutes. Not sure if they were unclaimed pairs or extra stock, but I had called late in the day on release day (Saturday) about any unclaimed pairs and was told they were all picked up. LA tweeted later in the day on release day with basically another #RSVP session with sizes 9, 10.5, and 12 with a different hashtag than the original #RSVP session two days prior.

This is a small insignifigant step to try and curb release day ignorance. They're gonna have to do alot better than this.

Like many of you, I don't live near a Nike store. When I hit the Nike Store up on Twitter and asked what I should do given my city, they replied that there were no stores in my area.

I confirmed that I knew that and asked why Nike can't just ship to my house after I follow the RSVP and place an order.

They tweeted back and asked what shoe I was trying to buy.

I told them I want to get Jordans in the future without all the silliness that often surrounds online releases (my locals don't get everything I want). Radio silence.

I once again asked why Nike doesn't just establish a RSVP system that allows orders to be shipped to our door (not from a NikeTown, but just straight from the warehouse like a NDC order). Radio silence.

This RSVP system has to be rigged. Im sure its not computer managed. Im sure Nike Store employees are taking advantage! So *%%# Twitter RSVP System.

This system is ripe for preference and favoritism. That being said it could be a more fair system than waiting in line. How many times have you heard the story of being 1st in line and the store does not have the wanted size

I absolutely LOVE LOVE the RSVP system. Sure, there's suspected favoritism but there's nothing you can do about that. I have been about 25% successful on the RSVP system which is 100% better than my success rate before (0%). The Niketowns (Santa Monica and Beverly Hills) in my area are about 50 miles away from where I work and they use to hand out wristband at times only students, the unemployed, and those who worked nearby could pick up. Not only that, you had to drive back the day of release to pick up your shoes! At least when I know my size is confirmed, I go into the store, pick up my kicks and be on my way. No crazy lines, no camping out, and best of all, I actually got the size I wanted.

the system was a great idea but like most it needs be tweaked. the game is crazy & there's no signs of it lettin up, just imagine how things will b come late december smh. it seems like each yr is gettin worse than the last

Originally Posted by DTownJumpMan

This RSVP system has to be rigged. Im sure its not computer managed. Im sure Nike Store employees are taking advantage! So *%%# Twitter RSVP System.
I literally tweet my size in less than 20 seconds and it's never in time..then people have the nerve to actually DM out and DON'T EVEN BUY THEIR PAIR. As soon as that happens nike says they have scattered sizes for phone orders.. smh at this.. find a new way or improve it, along with their shh servers.

Back
Top Bottom