Nike Supporters

Originally Posted by AKA LONGSTROKE

Originally Posted by Antidope

If you think that buying and wearing expensive things will make you relevant in this world, then you are weak, period.
When you take a good look at all of the great contributors to mankind, where they the biggest fashion plates, or were they people of higher intelligence, aware, then knowing their place in this world. 

Do you think that Dr. King or Einstein would stand in line for a pair of Nike shoes?

See this is a textbook case of over analyzing. You know in your heart of hearts that its not like that. Do you mean to tell me that you dont feel good when you look nice on a certain day? People can have hobbies and if thats sneakers thats cool, it doenst make them any worse of a person or unable to be great. I wouldnt expect someone who was in the public eye as much as Dr. King was to step outside looking messy, it wouldnt have been good for his platform. In all the pictures I've seen of him even before he got famous (I went to Morehouse College so theres pictures of him everywhere that you wont find online) he was always well put together.

Just cause someone likes to wear nike shoes doesnt mean theyre going to live a life of depravity and underachieving.
Do you wear your clothes, or do your clothes wear you? 
In regard to Nike, what does being loyal to that brand do for you in particular? Why do some here feel the need to defend them in such an aggressive manner?
I'm not defending Nike, but the overall concept of caring about your appearance which ties into wearing Nikes, Adidas, J.Crew, whatever you want to name.

Clothes dont wear me I wear my clothes, stuff doesnt need to be branded for me to think its nice, or for me to feel nice wearing it. I can also step out in something that I dont feel is nice and still feel good about myself, but I would be lying if I said looking nice didnt help, and I dont see a problem with that. I wear what I like, and when I feel that I look nice, I feel better about myself to an extent. I feel like that would be the same for most people.

People have good reason to defend it, people are very judgemental when it comes to stuff like this and I for one think its pretty hypocritical, so I can see why people get up in arms about it. Its no skin off my nose really but you said you wanted to have a real discussion about it and I'm trying to give it to you.

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Do you think that Dr. King or Einstein would stand in line for a pair of Nike shoes?

Hell no, they'd probably have a hook up straight from Phil Night, shipped to their house 
pimp.gif

With all of the violence associated with Nike and their manipulation, high prices, misleading ads, then with all of the labor issues in Asia, for all that Dr. King stood for, do you really think that he'd wear a pair of Nike shoes?
REALLY?

Hell no, they'd probably have a hook up straight from Phil Night, shipped to their house 
pimp.gif
With all of the violence associated with Nike and their manipulation, high prices, misleading ads, then with all of the labor issues in Asia, for all that Dr. King stood for, do you really think that he'd wear a pair of Nike shoes?
REALLY?
This is conjecture. We will never know because he was never in the position so why make these sorts of assumptions? You cant prove this.

laugh.gif
@ Dr. King getting his shoes shipped straight from Phil Knight.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Just a regular person, Nothing makes him special, Get in line my !+$*$.
laugh.gif

I don't understand why Einstein would get them shipped from Knight as well.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
REALLY?
This is conjecture. We will never know because he was never in the position so why make these sorts of assumptions? You cant prove this.

Oh yes I can. Many of Dr. King's speeches denounce materialism and then unethical practices just like those that Nike has been accused of.
I am incredibly comfortable in stating that if Dr. King were alive today, then witnessing the violence associated with this past Christmas XI release, he would have denounced it, then possibly organizing a boycott of their product. The irresponsible actions of the individuals involved do deserve criticism, but Nike would have been made to speak out by someone like Dr. King, then even Malcolm X. Their actions during the movement prove this point. 

Today's supposed leaders do not have the balls that those had from that generation, and that includes people like Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton.

JD214 wrote:
laugh.gif

you must be delusional to think  that MLK was just a "regular person" 
indifferent.gif

and then to call him a $++@# ? 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by RetroSan

JD214 wrote:
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Thats a cry for attention ignore that.

REALLY?

Oh yes I can. Many of Dr. King's speeches denounce materialism and then unethical practices just like those that Nike has been accused of.
I am incredibly comfortable in stating that if Dr. King were alive today, then witnessing the violence associated with this past Christmas XI release, he would have denounced it, then possibly organizing a boycott of their product. The irresponsible actions of the individual involved do deserve criticism, but Nike would have been made to speak out by someone like Dr. King, then even Malcolm X. Their actions prove this point. 

Today's supposed leaders do not have the balls that those had from that generation, and that includes people like Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton.
And I could easily say that he would be more concerned with other things going on around the world than people acting a fool over sneakers. This is why arguments based on conjecture go nowhere, it can become anything anyone wants it to be.

JD214 wrote:
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Same thing for Einstein, Nothing makes him special.
eyes.gif

Feel better now?
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by JD214

JD214 wrote:
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

eyes.gif

Feel better now?
indifferent.gif

I now see why cwrite dislikes you so much.

JD214 wrote:
laugh.gif

you must be delusional to think �that MLK was just a "regular person"�
indifferent.gif

and then to call him a $++@# ?�
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Thats a cry for attention ignore that.

I am incredibly comfortable in stating that if Dr. King were alive today, then witnessing the violence associated with this past Christmas XI release, he would have denounced it, then possibly organizing a boycott of their product. The irresponsible actions of the individual involved do deserve criticism, but Nike would have been made to speak out by someone like Dr. King, then even Malcolm X. Their actions prove this point.�

And I could easily say that he would be more concerned with other things going on around the world than people acting a fool over sneakers. This is why arguments based on conjecture go nowhere, it can become anything anyone wants it to be.

Dr. King would be concerned with global issues, but do not forget that first and foremost, he was a Black man. In this present time, there are far more young black men in prison than in college, and I know for a fact that this would be a concern of his, as it SHOULD be.
Are you suggesting that while witnessing this fact, that he would not be paying attention to the stereotypical images being projected, by completely ignoring companies that benefit most from those stereotypes?

When you saw the news, those reports of riots over the XI release, were they reporting from the suburbs, or the 'hood?�

You don't think that Dr. King, or Malcolm, would stand again this sort of exploitation?

I highly doubt Dr. King would bother himself with such trivial matters. As far as exploitation, that's capitalism for you, is JB supposed to not make money? I fail to see the reason for this topic. Why do you not support them?

I don't think it's necessarily a bad question.  I guess at the end of the day it's just a hobby.  No different than buying expensive cars, video gaming, or art collecting. 

Originally Posted by iYen

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

eyes.gif

Feel better now?
indifferent.gif

Someone please tell me what makes these people so special to get Nike gear or just shipped straight from Phil Knight, I just don't see it.

If it was for a Presisent, I would understand, But MLK, Einstein, or any other "historical" figure?

It's NT, you think I care if dudes like me or hate me on here?
laugh.gif

�Dr. King would be concerned with global issues, but do not forget that first and foremost, he was a Black man. In this present time, there are far more young black men in prison than in college, and I know for a fact that this would be a concern of his, as it SHOULD be.
Are you suggesting that while witnessing this fact, that he would not be paying attention to the stereotypical images being projected, by completely ignoring companies that benefit most from those stereotypes?

When you saw the news, those reports of riots over the XI release, were they reporting from the suburbs, or the 'hood?�

You don't think that Dr. King, or Malcolm, would stand again this sort of exploitation?
Didnt say that, I'm saying we dont know for sure because it never did or can happen so its pointless to argue about this. Who's to say that Dr. King could change anything? Whos to say he would wield the amount of influence he once held, or even be alive (died of natural causes). A lot of people here are already disgusted by what we saw and in no way shape or form condone it, nor did anyone here act in such a manner that I know of.

That video happened in a relatively surburban area as well, I know that cause that malls in my area.

I feel like I run the risk of repeating myself which I dont see the need to do. I've made as good as an argument that I feel like I need too, and you're allowed to think and feel what you please.

Fat Joe gets kicks shipped to his front door gratis, MLK and Einstein are on a different level... just stop
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
REALLY?

My comment was clearly a joke 
laugh.gif

I'm glad you've been "enlightened" and all, but c'mon son, people know Nike doesn't care. We don't need you too tell us, just don't buy it anymore if you feel that strongly about it. Nike is not the only company using Asia for cheap labor, every damn thing is made in China. I'm all for a good convo, but you're coming off way too strong.
Hey, I don't know!
laugh.gif
 On the other thread, there were some coming at me from the left, then even questioning my academic viability due to my distaste of Phil Knight, who is an out and out dirt bag!

Originally Posted by iYen

eyes.gif

Feel better now?
indifferent.gif

Someone please tell me what makes these people so special to get Nike gear or just shipped straight from Phil Knight, I just don't see it.

If it was for a Presisent, I would understand, But MLK, Einstein, or any other "historical" figure?

It's NT, you think I care if dudes like me or hate me on here?
laugh.gif

Shut up yo. Seriously. These are very poor attempts at trolling, and under normal circumstances I wouldnt care, but to try and disrespect people who made todays world what it was over the subject of sneakers is just childish. Grow up bro.

Back
Top Bottom