Nike Tech Discussion: Max Air vs. Free vs. Lunar vol. DURABILITY

Which of these three techs do you think are the most durable for long distance running? I've been underthe impression that you are supposed to replace running shoes after 400(?) miles or so and my ASICS GT-2140s only have 125 miles on them and the tread isdissipating quickly and the shoe's foam is losing its shape.

So now i'm in the market again, looking at the Air Max 2009, Lunar Glide, and the Free 5.0s

Again, performance aside, which of the three models/ technologies are the most durable?

There are a lot of factors that goes into the durability of a shoe such a your size and the type of surface that you will be running on.

With that being said, I would go with AM 2009.

The AM 2009 has the most BRS 1000 (most durable rubber used in a nike shoe) treading out of all of them. You should be able to get 400 miles out of this shoeno matter how heavy you are.

If you are light weight you could get away with using the lunar glide. It would be the most comfortable out of the three but due to the softness of the lunartechnology, it tends to break down a lot faster.

If you have never ran in the free 5.0 then I wouldn't recommend them. You are going to be flexing a lot more foot muscles than you normally would in aregular shoe which means a lot of soreness after your run. There's a whole training process that comes with running in the frees. If you do decide to pickthe frees, I'd start with the free everyday and then move down to the 5.0 and the 3.0. The free everyday has a layer of zoom air and the most support outof the nike free line.

Hope that helps
smile.gif

Originally Posted by lilfeet47

There are a lot of factors that goes into the durability of a shoe such a your size and the type of surface that you will be running on.

With that being said, I would go with AM 2009.

The AM 2009 has the most BRS 1000 (most durable rubber used in a nike shoe) treading out of all of them. You should be able to get 400 miles out of this shoe no matter how heavy you are.

If you are light weight you could get away with using the lunar glide. It would be the most comfortable out of the three but due to the softness of the lunar technology, it tends to break down a lot faster.

If you have never ran in the free 5.0 then I wouldn't recommend them. You are going to be flexing a lot more foot muscles than you normally would in a regular shoe which means a lot of soreness after your run. There's a whole training process that comes with running in the frees. If you do decide to pick the frees, I'd start with the free everyday and then move down to the 5.0 and the 3.0. The free everyday has a layer of zoom air and the most support out of the nike free line.

Hope that helps
smile.gif
Thanks alot man!,

I guess i should have stated I almost exclusively run on the road.
The bottoming out with the lunars was a concern of mine as well, i'm about 6'1", 195 lbs so i'm guessing i would probably go through thosepretty fast

Originally Posted by weknowdrama

Learn how to run correctly. Then, you'll hardly need any cushioning at all.
Learn to read correctly. The discussion specifically states that durability, not cushioning is the topic at hand

Back
Top Bottom