Nike Trainer 1.3 Mid / Max / Low

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Whats the general consensus of the 1.3 Mids?
Are they comfy?

TTS?

How are they for training?

They definitely have their place in one's rotation. Do I believe a non forefoot air shoe is good enough for basketball or other high impact sports? No. So with that in mind, I can see these or their earlier models, the tr1 and tr1.2 as accompanying shoes one might wear, like they do frees, to get a different feel and strengthen different parts of ones foot/legs. I'd place price point right in the $40-50 range personally.

The free based ones are a whole other beast. The frees have been proven to be a great compliment to other shoes in the streghening/shocking your foot with change... as with other non air shoes, I would place lifespan on the entire tr1.3 line in the very limited range, so keep that in mind when you want to spend what you may be spending on them.

So in the truest sense of what a cross trainer was, No. Don't buy these and wear them for everything.. Do they do enough right to warrant a $90MSRP purchase? No. Then again, alot of things from Nike do not warrant that price.

The frees are like other free based shoes (given the fact they have the same midsole/outsole) so you know what to expect there. For the main tr 1.3 mid shoe, expect a decent heel max air bag , and a very cushiony insole (dare I say, this is where almost 100% of the comfort comes from). So expect a shorter than expected lifespan with most of these shoes if you plan to train hard... Do like myself, and wait for at least 40% off msrp, and buy two pairs. So now you get two lifespans that now equal the lifespan of what would've been just one pair. That's the only way to take advantage and get the most out of shoes now-a-days.

I would personally just rather take two pairs of shoes to a gym, like a lunar eclipse, and then a kobe or lebron shoe for other activities. The tr line just doesn't seem to do enough to warranty it as a one shoe do it yourselfer. Nike has definitely evolved in the backwards sense. They want you buying more and more pairs, thus making cross trainers irrelevant. There's no sense in having a poor man's basketball shoe or a poor man's runner. Get the best of both and have a gym bag.

So lower your value on these (tr 1.3 mid) and you should be satisfied paying closer to $50 on these

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Whats the general consensus of the 1.3 Mids?
Are they comfy?

TTS?

How are they for training?

They definitely have their place in one's rotation. Do I believe a non forefoot air shoe is good enough for basketball or other high impact sports? No. So with that in mind, I can see these or their earlier models, the tr1 and tr1.2 as accompanying shoes one might wear, like they do frees, to get a different feel and strengthen different parts of ones foot/legs. I'd place price point right in the $40-50 range personally.

The free based ones are a whole other beast. The frees have been proven to be a great compliment to other shoes in the streghening/shocking your foot with change... as with other non air shoes, I would place lifespan on the entire tr1.3 line in the very limited range, so keep that in mind when you want to spend what you may be spending on them.

So in the truest sense of what a cross trainer was, No. Don't buy these and wear them for everything.. Do they do enough right to warrant a $90MSRP purchase? No. Then again, alot of things from Nike do not warrant that price.

The frees are like other free based shoes (given the fact they have the same midsole/outsole) so you know what to expect there. For the main tr 1.3 mid shoe, expect a decent heel max air bag , and a very cushiony insole (dare I say, this is where almost 100% of the comfort comes from). So expect a shorter than expected lifespan with most of these shoes if you plan to train hard... Do like myself, and wait for at least 40% off msrp, and buy two pairs. So now you get two lifespans that now equal the lifespan of what would've been just one pair. That's the only way to take advantage and get the most out of shoes now-a-days.

I would personally just rather take two pairs of shoes to a gym, like a lunar eclipse, and then a kobe or lebron shoe for other activities. The tr line just doesn't seem to do enough to warranty it as a one shoe do it yourselfer. Nike has definitely evolved in the backwards sense. They want you buying more and more pairs, thus making cross trainers irrelevant. There's no sense in having a poor man's basketball shoe or a poor man's runner. Get the best of both and have a gym bag.

So lower your value on these (tr 1.3 mid) and you should be satisfied paying closer to $50 on these

^Nice write up but I actually think most people are purchasing for aesthetics. And I use them to work out in... basically just cross training and lifting at the gym and to there fine. Like you said better life than the ones with air bags...

^Nice write up but I actually think most people are purchasing for aesthetics. And I use them to work out in... basically just cross training and lifting at the gym and to there fine. Like you said better life than the ones with air bags...

^Yep there was a restock for sure.... I actually think it was more so cancelled or returned orders...

^Yep there was a restock for sure.... I actually think it was more so cancelled or returned orders...

i like these a lot
pimp.gif

After almost giving up on the Army Trainer I now have 2 pairs on the way. I am really stoked cuz thats the only one I have wanted from the pack for months. Paid 200 for a pair on ebay over the weekend then got lucky on the restock Sunday for another one.

After almost giving up on the Army Trainer I now have 2 pairs on the way. I am really stoked cuz thats the only one I have wanted from the pack for months. Paid 200 for a pair on ebay over the weekend then got lucky on the restock Sunday for another one.

Picked up two 11.5s. I am normally a 12 but I heard these run really roomy so I went with 11.5.

Picked up two 11.5s. I am normally a 12 but I heard these run really roomy so I went with 11.5.

good write up Wally. personally i like that they took out the max bubble, as i prefer the straight up free TR with no air. i do insanity in some free trs,and run in the free runs/5.0s but like wally said, i pick them up on a discount so not paying full price. FNL has some on free tr on a nice discount right now as we speak. frees do not last as long, so buying two pair at a discount for the same price as one is a good idea. but since my feet have been strengthened alot from using these shoes, i like the more natural feel.  for bball give me some zoom though.

good write up Wally. personally i like that they took out the max bubble, as i prefer the straight up free TR with no air. i do insanity in some free trs,and run in the free runs/5.0s but like wally said, i pick them up on a discount so not paying full price. FNL has some on free tr on a nice discount right now as we speak. frees do not last as long, so buying two pair at a discount for the same price as one is a good idea. but since my feet have been strengthened alot from using these shoes, i like the more natural feel.  for bball give me some zoom though.

Back
Top Bottom