Nike Tumbles Most Since 2008 as Profit Drops

They should produce larger runs of their popular sneakers that people wait in line for.

The demand is there but the supply isnt

Originally Posted by FedExciter

They should produce larger runs of their popular sneakers that people wait in line for.

Basically. Caring about the allure of the shoes really shouldnt be a concern right now, the hype of Nike is so strong right now that all the shoes will sell out and do little to take away from the mystique. Its not like they will be making 1,000,000 pairs of everything, but make enough so that they can make more money, and we as consumers can be happy cause we can get the shoes we want without having to jump through hoops. Wonder when they will finally start doing this if ever.

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

should've had a wider release for them Yeezy's 
grin.gif

yup

shocking, maybe if they would start release in the shoes online instead of holding them captive
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by bjamez20

laugh.gif
at this having anything to do with their limited sneakers and everything. i'm sure the yeezy's account for <1% of Nike's profit. i'm sure what's taking away from their bottom line is all the garbage low/mid range shoes that just sit on the shelves

true story
Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

They just got that NFL account, though.

also. Another true story ..

Originally Posted by vood99

Originally Posted by bjamez20

laugh.gif
at this having anything to do with their limited sneakers and everything. i'm sure the yeezy's account for <1% of Nike's profit. i'm sure what's taking away from their bottom line is all the garbage low/mid range shoes that just sit on the shelves
There's a definite oversaturation of product and helluva lot of retail outlets.

Truth.

Nike makes shoes ranging from payless shoes-quality (the dart series, takedown models, etc) to some of the technologically advanced shoes in the world. Whether they cut out the bottom of the barrel stuff or take down the price point on the Elites and whatnot making them more accessible to the general public, I would expect some changes to be made in their product line if the losses continue.

Their website crashes EVERY major release...they are leaving millions of dollars on the table every other week.

I know I've personally kept thousands in my account, that I would have otherwise spent with them.

I don't have the time or interest in jumping through hoops, to give them my hard earned money.

They can keep playing over the top marketing games or they can start acting like a company of their stature, become more efficient and give their core supporters (US) what we want.

So I'm promoting Jimmy Jazz now even though I can't even access their site when they "release" a shoe?

From bad to worse I tell ya.

all they have to do is throw all their most hyped release on nikeid for like a week.

could you imagine if they put concords, all of the galaxy pack and both yeezys on there without options...just pretty much order and get your kicks in the same 4-6 week waiting period as the any regular ids? they could even charge a markup like they do all the ids since people missed out on the initial release. they'd be in the green for the quarter before the first month was up.

Originally Posted by lazy feet

all they have to do is throw all their most hyped release on nikeid for like a week.

could you imagine if they put concords, all of the galaxy pack and both yeezys on there without options...just pretty much order and get your kicks in the same 4-6 week waiting period as the any regular ids? they could even charge a markup like they do all the ids since people missed out on the initial release. they'd be in the green for the quarter before the first month was up.
I've had the same idea. Release a new one every month or so, make it only for that month or a short period of time and move onto the next shoe. 

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Their website crashes EVERY major release...they are leaving millions of dollars on the table every other week.

I know I've personally kept thousands in my account, that I would have otherwise spent with them.

I don't have the time or interest in jumping through hoops, to give them my hard earned money.

They can keep playing over the top marketing games or they can start acting like a company of their stature, become more efficient and give their core supporters (US) what we want.
Preach. I don't have time for this twitter random-release garbage they been pulling....Dudes gotta rsvp by twitter now and %*@! just to buy some crappy-made Jordans.

/old-man rant

still sad that its news that nike didn't make what they THOUGHT they would in a quarter...its not even a loss if you never had in the first place. and they still raking in billions in profit. and to make it up all they gonna do is make more money at the expense of their customer or employees (higher prices for cheaper made products/cut hours and only hire part time)

Nike success of Nike lives and dies with their marketing department. Some of that depends on the success of their signed athletes. Although Nike is a master at marketing athletes to be better than they really are. I haven't seen a good marketing campaign from them since the mid-2000s.

Tiger is still in the dog house.

Lance Armstrong is charged withe being a cheater and a fraud.

Kobe was out in the second round.

Even through all that.. Sharapova and Nadal won the French Open. Lebron and Wade won a ring. Durant was in the Finals. All Nike Athletes.

I watched a lot of playoff basketball and some of the French Open and there was no memorable commercials other than The Ringmaker.

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

should've had a wider release for them Yeezy's 
grin.gif

A lot of releases should have been wider.  Still with the price hikes and the constant sell outs I expected them to be soaring higher 

Originally Posted by Antidope

Originally Posted by FedExciter

Basically. Caring about the allure of the shoes really shouldnt be a concern right now, the hype of Nike is so strong right now that all the shoes will sell out and do little to take away from the mystique. Its not like they will be making 1,000,000 pairs of everything, but make enough so that they can make more money, and we as consumers can be happy cause we can get the shoes we want without having to jump through hoops. Wonder when they will finally start doing this if ever.

That's the worst thing they could do from a business perspective.  Most of the demand is because people know the shoes are limited.  The majority of people only want the sneaks because they are limited (See Yeezy's and Galaxies).  On here, you got grown men complaining that everyone is wearing the same sneaks as them.  The Reebok Iverson Question's sold out when Reebok slapped that "limited" tag on them and they were going for like $200+ on ebay.

If the sneaks weren't limited, they would sit like they did back in the day.  I remember walking in Modells at 8pm to scoop a pair of Concords on release day in 2000 with no problem and plenty of pairs available. 

I'm not really worried about the company long-term.

It got hit by a few things:

Forex
Negative tariff ruling
Restructure in Western Europe

Sales in China were also mediocre, and North American apparel sales were weak. I think a lot of people bought spring/summer stuff in their previous quarter, so they had to take heavy discounts on apparel.

Cliff notes: Don't be surprised if Under Armour doesn't report a great quarter either.

Oh, big whoopty doo to Nike..... I forsee even more limited sneakers and fusions in the future. Yeezy where are you
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom