Nike X Designer Collabs: Next Up - FoG in 2018 - x MMW (ALYX) - CDG x Foamposites

nikelab-vandal-high-john-elliott-detailed-look-01.jpg

nikelab-vandal-high-john-elliott-detailed-look-02.jpg

Last edited:
I went to Dover Street Market in NYC yesterday and arrived at exactly 11 A.M. to try and purchase the COMME des GARCONS x NikeLab Dunk High, as was advertised on the Nike NYFW website. The two doormen sent me and 2 other guys away, saying the release was actually going to be today (Thursday) instead. I really hope they weren't just telling us that so they could save pairs for repeat customers, but those boutique shops are always super shady, so I wouldn't be surprised.

They also told me the release at the CDG boutique downtown yesterday was for VIPs by-invite only.

I was buying to flip, so I guess I can't be that mad.

Anyone here price rumors for the RT Dunks yet? I may try and score some tomorrow.

Just got back from the Nikelab opening at Bergdorf. Managed to cop 2 pairs of the RT Dunks and a pair of the Acronym AF1s. MSRP on the RTs is $250.

View media item 2327701
Picked up the acronyms downtown AF1s yesterday. Here's a few thoughts:

I went true to size. Length wise I probably could have sized down but the width on these things are narrow. (I wear 10.5 in SF AF1s, jordan 1s, yeezy v2s, ultra boosts).

Quality on them is great. Leather is tumbled at sections, the suede is nice. Neoprene doesn't feel cheap.

Look wise, I've seen people wear them a few different ways. Errolson Hugh has been wearing them zipper open. I've also seen zipper closed and also the neoprene part tucked into the pants. My only real complaint about the design is lack of tension where the boot ends at the calf. I like the aesthetic of the SFAF1 because it hugs there. In contrast, it's a bit baggy there and there is no way to adjust it.

All that said, I still think they are a really sick shoe.

I just grabbed 2 pairs of the NikeLab x RT Chukka Dunks at Dover Street Market. Noone was in the store and they had at least one FSR of each colorway. Easy purchase.

NY heads might want to head over there now to see if they still have anything left.

Are the rt dunk lows worth retail? I was really hoping Nike sf got them so I could use my 30% off pass but they didn't get them.

Back
Top Bottom