Nike x Fear of God Collab - Official Thread (Air Raid F&F IG Shock Drop 10/8 )

Which color of the Air FOG 1 do you prefer?

• Skylon II - Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skylon II - White

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wonder how many pairs of any of these FOGs would sell if they were even close to a GR and were sitting on the shelf at every HOH. You know, if they were just another Nike release but they looked exactly the same as they do now. Yeah, I know, you could say that about a lot of shoes.
I definitely think they wouldn't be as hyped, but, a brand new Nike, with this futuristic look, and yet a still pretty retro aesthetics, I think would sell pretty good still. I don't think they'd get to the point of sitting, unless they truly made that many pairs and they were still priced at $400. While not my cup of tea, therefore I passed, the Ginger 4s made it to outlets mainly because of their price IMO.

I definitely think they wouldn't be as hyped, but, a brand new Nike, with this futuristic look, and yet a still pretty retro aesthetics, I think would sell pretty good still. I don't think they'd get to the point of sitting, unless they truly made that many pairs and they were still priced at $400. While not my cup of tea, therefore I passed, the Ginger 4s made it to outlets mainly because of their price IMO.
Someone should drop the product then annouce the collab just for kicks, and my research

I wonder how many pairs of any of these FOGs would sell if they were even close to a GR and were sitting on the shelf at every HOH. You know, if they were just another Nike release but they looked exactly the same as they do now. Yeah, I know, you could say that about a lot of shoes.

Depends on the price point and marketing campaign
The Kyrie cereal pack was highly sought after and there were plenty of retail pairs for everyone who wanted them, w/o the special packaging. I got fooled and copped them from stockx before the release date for twice what I woulda paid for them if I woulda waited.
I'm not doing that this time, if I can't get these FoGs for retail or a reasonable resale price, I'll cop AAA quality and keep it moving, I'm not letting hype sneakers ruin my bank account

I like the shoe OK. I don't like--and it totally doesn't matter what I think--the ongoing trend of certain shoes commanding idiotic prices for the sole reason that they are limited in quantity. These things are alright, but they're hardly some amazingly original design that I think people would be shelling out $400 for (and way more at resale) were they made in reasonable quantities and without some hyped up collab component to them. I guess I just find it all an interesting consumer behavioral phenomenon more than anything. It suggests to me (and of course this is nothing actually new) that a lot of people want/buy stuff based on rarity rather than because they actually really like the item in question. What's happening with Yeezies right now is another example. Anyway, carry on LOL

I've got to be honest about one thing regarding hypebeasts though - modern day hypebeasts are more open about having a shallow taste and only liking stuff due to it being limited/hyped up etc.

It used to be different when the retro Jordan and basketball sneaker craze went on in 2012-2014 and people pretended to have some sort of deep connection to Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen and Penny Hardaway. "I'm not about the hype, I'm about the story man, Jordan played with those 12s when he was sick, dude!". It's not like that anymore I feel. I respect honesty to some kind of degree, even if it's about being stupid. If you prefer only sneakers that make other hypebeasts envious of you and stand by that, I'm cool with that. I'll call you stupid if you pay hundreds of dollars for basic Vans sneakers with Jerry Lorenzos logo on it but if you stand by your decision and actually don't regret it and get defensive, I respect your determination, lol.

I also think it's a double-edged sword in regards to the sneakers themselves. I heavily dislike the off-white thing because it's unoriginal in two aspects - first of all it's a redesign of already existing silhouettes and second it's a concept that has been done before in an arguably better way (Reebok and Garbstore). Not every shoe necessarily needs to be either a new silhouette or be a never seen twist on a known shoe. But it elevates the whole thing if it is. Kanyes Adidas collection ranks higher for me than his Nike stuff because of that - The Yeezy 1 and 2 were mash-ups of already known design elements that Tinker thought up in the 80s and early 90s. The Adidas stuff is inspired by sneakers from the backlog but not made up of exact retoolings etc.

Nike would never mass produce a $400 sneaker..just doesn't make sense...

Even without the mass production..these should be obtainable given the price if you really want them...

People forget the first Yeezy sat for about 24 hours in mom and pops given the retail price....**** the samples sat on EBay for a few days cause the buy it now was $400 (stupidest mistake ever not grabbing those)

Wasn't tell that Monday that they were not only gone but ebay was flooded at triple the price..And they were moving...that it got REAL for subsequent release...

These will most likely be the same.

I pray for that. Would make my life easier lol

I like the shoe OK. I don't like--and it totally doesn't matter what I think--the ongoing trend of certain shoes commanding idiotic prices for the sole reason that they are limited in quantity. These things are alright, but they're hardly some amazingly original design that I think people would be shelling out $400 for (and way more at resale) were they made in reasonable quantities and without some hyped up collab component to them. I guess I just find it all an interesting consumer behavioral phenomenon more than anything. It suggests to me (and of course this is nothing actually new) that a lot of people want/buy stuff based on rarity rather than because they actually really like the item in question. What's happening with Yeezies right now is another example. Anyway, carry on LOL
I feel it. The concept of people wanting stuff because of rarity always has been and always will be the case. Just human, consumerist, exclusionary nature. These being Nike also adds to their allure IMO. Also, them being an actual shoe, and not another in the current trend of "sock shoe," is a selling point for me and for many IMO. Admittedly, if these had the little Puma logo, the Adidas stripes, triangle, or trefoil logos, Yeezy emblem, or other brand iconography, I wouldn't be that interested. I've owned tons of shoes, and only a handful (a few Reebok Questions, some shell toes in high school, a pair of K-Swiss in high school, Filas, and other brands when I was a little kid and my parents bought my shoes) have NOT been Jordans or Nikes. Hell, I've only wanted or owned one pair of Yeezys, the WaveRunners, as those are the only pair that's even remotely attractive to me. I'm just a fan of the brand in general, so I gravitate towards their kicks, and a "Swoosh" or Jumpman has always been more visually appealing to me personally. I have ZERO interest in the whole "sock shoe" or one-piece-knit-upper-attached-to-a-rubber-sole, so these being a constructed shoe also appeals to me. I'm into these, though I'd REALLY be in to these if we ever get a blacked out pair!

Even without the mass production..these should be obtainable given the price if you really want them...

People forget the first Yeezy sat for about 24 hours in mom and pops given the retail price....**** the samples sat on EBay for a few days cause the buy it now was $400 (stupidest mistake ever not grabbing those)

Wasn't tell that Monday that they were not only gone but ebay was flooded at triple the price..And they were moving...that it got REAL for subsequent release...

Agree. At $400, if you really want these, I'd imagine you can grab a pair during the first hour or so of them releasing if you put in the effort.

You sort of hit my point but didn't seem to realize it. The only reason these are $400 is because Nike says they are $400. And by making them limited and expensive, they create a perception around them that leads to certain people wanting to pay $400 for them, and others who are willing to pay three or four times that on the resale market. The whole thing builds on itself. And my point was, if these were available in every other HOH store and cost $200, would there be that many people buying them as are interested in them now? I seriously, seriously doubt it. It's brilliant business on Nike's part, that's for sure. I just find it a bit silly because I suspect a lot of the buyers, deep down inside, don't really care about the shoe other than the fact that it is hard to get and costs a lot. There are a lot of luxury goods that fall into this category, so it's hardly unique to Nike and sneakers. It's just not my thing, personally. If these WERE easier to get and were $200, I might buy a pair because they are reasonably nice/cool. But at $400, I won't even think about them again in terms of potential upcoming purchases. Not because I can't afford it, but because it's even more of an insult to my intelligence than most of these overpriced sneakers LOL

You sort of hit my point but didn't seem to realize it. The only reason these are $400 is because Nike says they are $400. And by making them limited and expensive, they create a perception around them that leads to certain people wanting to pay $400 for them, and others who are willing to pay three or four times that on the resale market. The whole thing builds on itself. And my point was, if these were available in every other HOH store and cost $200, would there be that many people buying them as are interested in them now? I seriously, seriously doubt it. It's brilliant business on Nike's part, that's for sure. I just find it a bit silly because I suspect a lot of the buyers, deep down inside, don't really care about the shoe other than the fact that it is hard to get and costs a lot. There are a lot of luxury goods that fall into this category, so it's hardly unique to Nike and sneakers. It's just not my thing, personally. If these WERE easier to get and were $200, I might buy a pair because they are reasonably nice/cool. But at $400, I won't even think about them again in terms of potential upcoming purchases. Not because I can't afford it, but because it's even more of an insult to my intelligence than most of these overpriced sneakers LOL
All facts on them being limited and expensive, thus being more desirable by many. But like you also mentioned, this is the case with things in consumer culture. Take two identical copies of literally anything (waiting for someone to play devil's advocate and think of the most random item :lol:), then tell people (in particular people with more expendable income) that one is super limited and expensive, while the other is mass produced so anyone can obtain and is affordable/cheap, and people (again, people with more expendable income) will rationalize/justify/come up with reasons as to why the more expensive version is better/more desirable. That's just how it is in the world we live in.

"collabs" are Nike's current way of getting consumers to overpay a products already established MSRP

take that as you will
Nike’s been doing that for YEARS lol nothing new at all, they’re just going crazy with multiple collabs to close out the year strong

no mom and pop stores around me had any Yeezy 1's sitting. Actually there was mobs of people outside these shops.. I know, I was there
Not sure where you are located...I grabbed my pair at Dr Jays on 34th St (NYC) Sunday morning from a Saturday (some spots Friday night) drop.....

Wasnt none of that raffle nonsense just research homework and lineup

Yeezy release was a mess with no real information out there as to who was getting what....

If you did some homework you was straight....

The Black and Pink's cats was sleeping in the streets cause no one wanted to strike out again...

But the Grey and Orange...if you did homework was obtainable...

These will be no different.

All facts on them being limited and expensive, thus being more desirable by many. But like you also mentioned, this is the case with things in consumer culture. Take two identical copies of literally anything (waiting for someone to play devil's advocate and think of the most random item :lol:), then tell people (in particular people with more expendable income) that one is super limited and expensive, while the other is mass produced so anyone can obtain and is affordable/cheap, and people (again, people with more expendable income) will rationalize/justify/come up with reasons as to why the more expensive version is better/more desirable. That's just how it is in the world we live in.

Totally, and that's what I was saying from the jump.

"collabs" are Nike's current way of getting consumers to overpay a products already established MSRP

take that as you will
Nah letting designers play with the Molds or build there own is how they are winning right now....

The REAL question I have is did Jerry really do these or did Leo have them already on Deck and he slapped his name (and some minor touches) to it??

I mean Don had ZERO to do with them Monstrosity Jordans they made....They let him put Don C on the tag and they damn sure got some cats with the first drop....Rest of them ****s is sitting like the ugly *** bricks they are....Don dont even claim them no more...lol

I don’t think comparing the Nike Yeezy release is even fair in conjunction with how shoes release now. The Nike Yeezy release where more like a unicorn releases when you think about it back then. Of course the FOG release will sell out but I don’t think the $400 price point is going to scare people away. I don’t think resell for the “entire” collection is going to be as crazy as people think. As I mentioned before ACW, Ambush, Maharishi, Martine Rose, and John Elliot all have collabs coming over the next 30 days. So the FOG collection (I personally favor the Bone SA over everything releasing) isn’t going to be the only “it” shoe on the block like how the Nike Yeezy where when they released.

Last edited:
Seems like resellers already have these pegged as a shoe they’ll ask $800, $1000 for. I assume these will be gone in the same amount of time a hyped $200 shoe would be. I would love to be wrong but they’ve already hyped these up enough to where it feels like an Off
White release in a general sense

Not sure where you are located...I grabbed my pair at Dr Jays on 34th St (NYC) Sunday morning from a Saturday (some spots Friday night) drop.....

Wasnt none of that raffle nonsense just research homework and lineup

Yeezy release was a mess with no real information out there as to who was getting what....

If you did some homework you was straight....

The Black and Pink's cats was sleeping in the streets cause no one wanted to strike out again...

But the Grey and Orange...if you did homework was obtainable...

These will be no different.

I love when dudes try to rewrite history :lol:

The only thing about back then is resell was definitely not crazy by today’s standards. Prob would be considered “steals”

These will definitely be different :lol: unless your a loyal shopper at a FOG stockist

Back
Top Bottom