Nike x KidRobot AM1 Mascot KeyChains question

Hello All.

I've been looking around for those mascot keychains that came with the Nike x KidRobot AM1s, and have a few questions: 

krsmnike.jpg

Is one more rare than the other?
Did they only come with the shoes or were they ever available separately?
What is the going rate these days for each?
Does anyone know where to find them, other than ebay?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Mods, please move if in the wrong forum.   Thanks! : )

i've only seen them come with the shoes. from what i know, the black one came with the "regular" release and the pink came out with the more limited "hyper" release.

didn't realize there was a regular and "hyper" release for these.  I always thought the black came with the mens and the pink came with the womens...

those pink one's were the hyper release and they also came in men's sizes. can't remember the numbers anymore, but i want to say, "24". can't remember if that was 24 in NY and another 24 in LA or 24 all together for both Barney's stores.

Uhm...hopefully someone will come in and set the facts straight but as far as I can remember from the release...I thought the shoes ONLY released at Barneys NY. The pink pair was not on sale to the people who camped outside and I don't really remember how those who got the pink pairs came about them. As far as the key chains ...a few were given out during the release to the people who waited in line....I still have a sealed Pink one sitting somewhere and I remember right after the release the key chains alone were reaching 40-75 with the Pink ones getting more then the Black. The Pink key chain is def more rare then the black, lets hope someone with a better memory can come in and drop some knowledge.

here is what a quick Google search came up with...

NIKE and Barneys New York have partnered with Kidrobot to produce a limited edition NIKE Air Max 1 exclusively for Barneys New York. Originally designed by Tinker Hatfield in 1987, the NIKE Air Max 1 is the first in the revered Air Max collection, and was the first shoe created with a visible air bag.

The black, gold and pink styling was created by Paul Budnitz & Chad Phillips of Kidrobot to match the exterior of Kidrobot's 1986 Maserati Quattroporte III Royale. Each limited edition shoe comes packaged in a specially-designed gold and pink box and includes a mini Kidrobot keychain.

In addition, one of five blind-chase sockliners packed in Kidrobot's signature foil bag, will be packaged with the limited edition shoe. The sockliners were created by artists Gary Baseman, Dalek, David Horvath, Huck Gee and Frank Kozik.

A limited number of pairs of the shoes have been made and will retail for $150, launched exclusively at Barneys New York at Madison and Sixty-first Street on February 11, 2005.

About the pink pair...

Another rare find, finds its way to ebay, this is the hyperstrike version of the Kid Robot Air Max 1. Only 72 pairs of these were available and were handed out to mostly Kid Robots closest friends and family.

Originally Posted by RockwellFontana

YUP. have my pair.
when I grow up I want to be like you....

you're always posting what you have, who you know etc...is e-rep that important to you?

just wondering?

Back
Top Bottom