Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

would you have to pay customs fees when you go back with them
could straight to feet, which is unlikely
could declare and just pay customs
could crash for 24hrs in nyc and not pay customs (too bad they dont have pod hotels lol)

What have they done that upsets you other than you not getting an invite?

Honestly it's not about scoring .... Nike put on a shoddy event and had the potential to be a decent event staging. Nike doesn't know if it wants a seeding event or to stage branding events so you get this hodgepodge event that doesn't satisfy either.

Nike gave us good copy (edit) -- and then abandoned that strategy for everybody gets in....with folks getting seeded products in a shady manner that kinda resembles a hand-to-hand drug deal

One of the guys here was at the Extra Credit event. He just left before they started selling pairs bc he didn't know. Bottom line, selling one pair to one person in person is by far the most fair way to sell these. I understand people get salty bc they see others getting a pair but it's really hard to knock Nike for how this has gone.

There was no retail pairs for sale at the extra credit ... just a rando IG post stating such. It is easy to knock Nike for a bad event. It's bad by NYC standards, it's bad by a Fortune 500 standard.....and given how much effort Virgil's put into moving his brand from the Pyrex days to his cogently formed OFF WHITE days he can't think this was a good event for his brand

There was no retail pairs for sale at the extra credit ... just a rando IG post stating such. It is easy to knock Nike for a bad event. It's bad by NYC standards, it's bad by a Fortune 500 standard.....and given how much effort Virgil's put into moving his brand from the Pyrex days to his cogently formed OFF WHITE days he can't think this was a good event for his brand
Real talk, you NYC cats are spoiled af. People in any other city would have been geeked to have these events and y'all are whining about them not being up to NYC standards smh

Real talk, you NYC cats are spoiled af. People in any other city would have been geeked to have these events and y'all are whining about them not being up to NYC standards smh
Agreed man. It's the beginning of NYFW, so of course these seminars are design oriented. It's actually refreshing to see their thought processes. If I wasn't at work, would be happy to drop by one of those sessions in person.

Someone on Reddit was able to cop a pair of AJ1s at the end of the 1-2:30 slot today.

Ny resellers at it, solestreet got Jordan 1s he wants 3grand and the prestos. One guy, got them today when no shoes were available lol

I don't know whether to expect this email in a matter of minutes or tomorrow night. I guess it doesn't really matter in the end, but I prefer my L's to be quick and painless.

Here's the thing the cities selected make sense. NYC cause of fashion week Milan cause Virgil lives there and has a strong base. And even if this event was held in any other city .... I would expect Nike to stage a premiere event not what was given today.

I have no qualms with the workshop and honestly think there was a lot of potential in them, and if this was supposed to be a branding then the panels were great for that. However from today's events it's clear nike wanted to do a seeding event .... which is fine but DO a seeding event. And for the love of kicks just do either of these things well not both poorly.

Despite haveing just opened the SoHo space (where the event could have been hosted or any number of spaces where Nike hosts events) .... Nike spent a mint on 23 Wall Street to a) only have 24 pairs for the 100 who registered for the 'flight' event but to b) end up having pairs for the public later when they decided to forgoe the event?

Nike does a seeding event for All-star week in the city and for the Jordan Brand classic both go off without a hitch. Nike does a branding event for the winter season which goes off without a hitch.

How limited is the november release going to be? Need them prestos

Tier zero and OFF WHITE online .... which should be interesting. I'm curious to see if the footstores (flight 23s kicks lounges) get priority positioning -- thinking if so might be able to get prestos some of the other Nike ones.

Back
Top Bottom