Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

for those who have the AJ1, have yall worn them yet? are they durable? Looking at on feet pics/videos it looks like that swoosh boutta come off any second lol

Wore mine once and the toebox is what you should worry most about. It will get destroyed almost immediately. The red flaps on the bottom bled into the white toebox area on mine within 10 minutes of wearing them. The swoosh isn't moving or going anywhere.

Wore mine once and the toebox is what you should worry most about. It will get destroyed almost immediately. The red flaps on the bottom bled into the white toebox area on mine within 10 minutes of wearing them. The swoosh isn't moving or going anywhere.

what do you mean by destroyed? i want to buy a pair but hesitant because of the bleeding and toe box

what do you mean by destroyed? i want to buy a pair but hesitant because of the bleeding and toe box

They worth the retail to wear but not the 1.2k resale imo. Next year moving on to more off white Nike milking this thing.

I posted this before, but this was after 10 minutes out in the wild. It will bleed, you just have to accept the toebox destruction before wearing them.

53539579268__5367F543-5B79-4EC8-B6F7-758BA1FE7ED6.JPG

Maybe because I loosen my laces more, it causes the eyelets to face upward rather than towards the center. I don’t have any bleeding on the toebox yet, even after wearing them a handful of times.

Maybe because I loosen my laces more, it causes the eyelets to face upward rather than towards the center. I don’t have any bleeding on the toebox yet, even after wearing them a handful of times.
That’s promising. I was curious if you put like clear tape or something

does it become unwearable? like maybe toe box opens up? or is it sturdy?

No, it's thick enough and 100% still wearable, your toes won't pop out or anything crazy. Just will look a little rough on the top of the toebox which i think is what Virgil wanted out of it honestly.

Am I the only one in NT that thinks this whole collection of deconstructed sneakers are ugly AF? I get the reseller's perspective on these but I don't understand those who pay resale prices for a pair. It's like paying for a sneaker that only made it half way through the the assembly line. Someone please enlighten me on this collection.

Am I the only one in NT that thinks this whole collection of deconstructed sneakers are ugly AF? I get the reseller's perspective on these but I don't understand those who pay resale prices for a pair. It's like paying for a sneaker that only made it half way through the the assembly line. Someone please enlighten me on this collection.
Maybe just walk away from the thread cause it’s not for you?

If you can’t appreciate the manipulation of materials/design language of a classic silhouette and modern re-interpretations of staid and heretofore, locked down sneakers - were not gonna make any difference wasting our time making a case.

Last edited:

Acting as if a deconstructed design isnt a finished product. Cmon.

Back
Top Bottom