Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

I feel the same.
I know people in here will remind that they are just a $200+ shoe & not really worth the resell price but if I pay for a service of legit/quality check then atleast do that job IMO.

I too & am a stickler for things like this because I know more than the average consumer & been in the shoe game for decades. Defects happen but come on…
I agree with both of you in the sense that paying that much for a shoe there def needs to be a standard that GOAT is held to, I purchase a lot through them ( don’t trust stock x anymore) and they do make mistakes… just returned a pair of Chicago sb dunks because they had a red stain on the white tongue.

Stuff like that def shouldn’t pass and they did let me Return for a full refund. Also returned some Union 4s that came lace swapped to purple and were clearly tried on, so stuff like that def should be returned if a good discount isn’t given.

For the case of those 5s though I think that’s not really worthy of a return unless you pay the shipping to return because it’s more of a personal preference return rather than something actually wrong with the shoe. While that might be a QC issue that doesn’t make the shoe not worthy of passing inspection… it’s a DS perfectly fine shoe, the crooked Nike air is Nikes fault and no one is going to notice it . Cmon you know most Nikes have misshapen shoes with minor flaws.

Now if they were tried on, stained , etc that’s a diff story

I agree with both of you in the sense that paying that much for a shoe there def needs to be a standard that GOAT is held to, I purchase a lot through them ( don’t trust stock x anymore) and they do make mistakes… just returned a pair of Chicago sb dunks because they had a red stain on the white tongue.

Stuff like that def shouldn’t pass and they did let me Return for a full refund. Also returned some Union 4s that came lace swapped to purple and were clearly tried on, so stuff like that def should be returned if a good discount isn’t given.

For the case of those 5s though I think that’s not really worthy of a return unless you pay the shipping to return because it’s more of a personal preference return rather than something actually wrong with the shoe. While that might be a QC issue that doesn’t make the shoe not worthy of passing inspection… it’s a DS perfectly fine shoe, the crooked Nike air is Nikes fault and no one is going to notice it . Cmon you know most Nikes have misshapen shoes with minor flaws.

Now if they were tried on, stained , etc that’s a diff story

Yeah, after thinking about it I decided to just keep ‘em. I did reach out to GOAT about it & they did inform what you’re saying. Manufacturing issue not an actual issue to not pass authentication etc.

I did mention other past issue with shoes I’ve had & they agreed those were more of actual issues. They did offer to return the for a full refund or credit so atleast they were trying to handle it correctly. Stockx would have said, “we’re a 3rd party market place…. etc”.

They also gave me like $20 credit for the hassle so I’m rich now lol. If I do plan on selling them back on GOAT later I atleast have in writing that it’s acceptable just incase they switch up lol.

Lot 8s :nthat:
This guy customized the Lot 8s similar to the AMM1s. Turned out pretty dope imo. The original colors of the tongue, insole, hang tag, the OW Swoosh tag, and the midsole piece all fit together with the theme:

First thing is to swap laces to cream/sail

Last edited:
Lot 8s :nthat:
This guy customized the Lot 8s similar to the AMM1s. Turned out pretty dope imo. The original colors of the tongue, insole, hang tag, the OW Swoosh tag, and the midsole piece all fit together with the theme:

He been doing that for a while, I hate this guy though. :lol: His work is amazing but he’ll take anything he’ll see (TS low leaks for example) and just customize it thinking he done God’s work. Man foh.

He been doing that for a while, I hate this guy though. :lol: His work is amazing but he’ll take anything he’ll see (TS low leaks for example) and just customize it thinking he done God’s work. Man foh.

Yeah he most def has some good work. But he also has a lot terrible ones :lol:

i may get some cream overlay laces, keep the OG flat white laces or vice versa

Last edited:
I would have returned those Off White 5's as well. Paying resale = I am critical of any flaw like that one.
Yeah, I am planning on grabbing another pair & just holding the “flawed” pair as trade bait. If GOAT will take em without issue then I’ll just send em back when the price rises lol.

This price is actually looking like a deal… lol
65DBC9F9-1054-486A-9923-877E7F6874E6.png

Last edited:
You don’t know the value but you were gonna say it’s a bad trade?

1640287418154.gif

Meant more in conjunction with Virgil passing what it did to the value but what are you the vakue police? :lol: Sometimes to me I could care less about going dollar for dollar on a trade, if its close enough and im not totally getting dicked on the trade then ill do it idc.

Traded used Mochas 1’s and Lot dunks (when they were going for cheaper) for new AMM3’s and sure I coudda sold the them to buy the 3’s and have money left over but its a hassle.

Meant more in conjunction with Virgil passing what it did to the value but what are you the vakue police? :lol: Sometimes to me I could care less about going dollar for dollar on a trade, if its close enough and im not totally getting dicked on the trade then ill do it idc.

Traded used Mochas 1’s and Lot dunks (when they were going for cheaper) for new AMM3’s and sure I coudda sold the them to buy the 3’s and have money left over but its a hassle.

Gotcha and I agree!

Was gonna say, bad trade but considering the 4’s aint your size not too shabby. Idk the value of those AF’s nowadays.

The Union 4s go for around $900. Factoring in these fools try to charge $800+ for a well worn (noticeable heel drag, star loss....) pair of Off-White AF1s online. Both pairs were gently worn pairs. Cleaned them up last night. Let it dry overnight. And they're in great condition. I feel good about the deal.

The Union 4s go for around $900. Factoring in these fools try to charge $800+ for a well worn (noticeable heel drag, star loss....) pair of Off-White AF1s online. Both pairs were gently worn pairs. Cleaned them up last night. Let it dry overnight. And they're in great condition. I feel good about the deal.
Apparently my size must be the brick size since 9’s only go for about 780-800 ds on the noirs. Actually just offed my pairs for 750 since I needed extra funds for my wife’s Christmas present. Can’t believe luxury watches can go for 7 racks

OW Lot Dunks fit any differently than regular dunks? Just copped my TTS off ebay, was curious

Back
Top Bottom