Nike Zoom Kobe 1 Protro February 17th 2018

download_20180211_191030.jpg

Hopefully they do one every year. This year the 1, next the 2, and so on. Think it would be cooler than randomly dropping different models throughout the year

Honestly would only want the Del sol and the black purple colorway.

why isn't this thread in da retro section?
My guess is that Kobe and Nike are spinning these releases as "Pro-tros" or performance retroes, if you will. Often times reading previous posts can help you understand why a thread may not be in the right section according to your opinion. But I will try to elaborate further; you could think of it as something akin to when the air Jordan Alpha 1 line was released in 2010. It was an air Jordan 1 model with modified specs to make it more performance oriented, thus not a true retro. Since the semantics of the term "protro" are quite new it does create a conundrum for us niketalkers as to how to properly categorize this release line.

My personal perspective as it relates to this thread would be not to get too preoccupied or frustrated with how things are categorized. I come from a multiethnic background that I am proud of and sometimes in life there are things that you cannot so easily categorize or place in a box that's easily labeled. Often times these realizations can cause discussions that truly help positive paradigm shifts that will help society. I hope I have answered your question satisfactorily, Einstein was quoted as saying "the important thing is to not stop questioning."

Hopefully they do one every year. This year the 1, next the 2, and so on. Think it would be cooler than randomly dropping different models throughout the year

How did they release retro Jordans?

I don't think I can wait 7-9 years for some of my favorite Kobes :emoji_sob:

Honestly i can careless what the call them, just let me get my 2 pairs in peace, and im straight. (Nike f'ed with the PS PG2)

Lets the NT mods decide where they wana do leave this thread here or move it. don't matter to me.

Maybe not officially, but they are his shoe. He played a role in the design process just like with any of his sigs. The met area of the outsole has a triangle traction pattern because Kobe was into Great White sharks at the time. Plus, the first sample had an 8-ball on the heel instead of the huarache logo
h2k.jpg

Fam this pic took me BACK!

A mod started this thread so it can be here lol. You can go to the retro thread too. Everbody happy!

Back
Top Bottom