Nike Zoom Kobe IV PROTRO (MORE IN 2023!!)

Now that the ZK IV DO NOT have full length zoom, will you still cop?

• Yes

Votes: 123 54.7%
  • No

Votes: 102 45.3%

• Total voters
giphy.gif

Hey if mom steals from you I've got no problem with that! :lol: Its not against the law to sue a family member if they step out of line. You act like Kobe is OJ or something. Just another hater, have fun with that.
Willful ignorance looks good on you.

Last edited:
Willful ignorance looks good on you.

Lol ignorant to what?? :lol:

But speaking of ignorance, comment to the fact Kobe outsells lesser players despite his egotistical personality?

I know it's the internet and all but maybe you want to admit how wrong you were? Could be a cathartic experience for you!

tenor (4).gif

Jordan had a lot more other factors playing in his favor when it came to branding, marketing, etc. Dont really care to take the time to elaborate but I would love to hear about some upcoming 4 colorways

Lol ignorant to what?? :lol:

But speaking of ignorance, comment to the fact Kobe outsells lesser players despite his egotistical personality?

I know it's the internet and all but maybe you want to admit how wrong you were? Could be a cathartic experience for you!

tenor (4).gif
More tactical stupidity for the win 'eh? Bro intellectualism is quite comical. You deserve the victory here.

I get their is a large segment that buy kicks because they like a certain player and thus purchase their signatures. That has never been me. I purchase performance shoes which fit the way I play and provide the cushioning and support I need in a shoe.

I have been purchasing Kobes shoes going back to the 2K5 and hyperdunks which werent his sigs prolly due to rape charge Nike didnt feel it was the right time but were unofficially associated with him and to a certain extent he did promotion for them at least the hyperdunk. I loved the hyperdunk...I loved both of those shoes.

But it was the excellent Kobe IV a lightweight low stable performer which sold me on the line. And I have balled in every Kobe through the NXT 360 and now the Protro IV.

By the way for anyone who read this overly long opus, while I understand why people including some of my closest friends love Kobe, he is one of my least favorite players ever. The Mothers Day Massacre of 2011 was one of my fondest memories as a Mavericks fan. For alot of the reasons stated by others above and a bunch more I'm just not a fan of his.
So I will be glad when the thread gets back to the shoes as opposed to the player.

The 4 has always been one of my favorite shoes to hoop in. I grabbed the CD and POP. Been playing in the POP the past week or so and man I'm having all kinds of traction issues in every gym. I keep sliding and that was never a problem on the OGs. Hopefully it goes away over time, but pretty disappointing. I know they redid the traction a bit but maybe my pair just needs more breaking in?

I have been purchasing Kobes shoes going back to the 2K5 and hyperdunks which werent his sigs prolly due to rape charge Nike didnt feel it was the right time but were unofficially associated with him and to a certain extent he did promotion for them at least the hyperdunk..
The 2K4 and 2K5 are for sure Kobe sigs, albeit unofficially. He and Avar came together for both designs. You know the triangle traction area on the outsole of the 2K4? Kobe was into GW sharks at the time which inspired that.

I'm not sure how much input he had on the Hyperdunk, he was just more of a pitchman in my view.

The 4 has always been one of my favorite shoes to hoop in. I grabbed the CD and POP. Been playing in the POP the past week or so and man I'm having all kinds of traction issues in every gym. I keep sliding and that was never a problem on the OGs. Hopefully it goes away over time, but pretty disappointing. I know they redid the traction a bit but maybe my pair just needs more breaking in?
Take them outside on your feet and scuff the soles on the rough sidewalk. This is an old baller trick with all shoes. Need to scrape off the fresh-rubber coating.

The 2K4 and 2K5 are for sure Kobe sigs, albeit unofficially. He and Avar came together for both designs. You know the triangle traction area on the outsole of the 2K4? Kobe was into GW sharks at the time which inspired that.

I'm not sure how much input he had on the Hyperdunk, he was just more of a pitchman in my view.

Yup. The only reason 2k4 and 2k5 weren't Kobe 1 and 2 is because of Colorado. Nike had to switch it up last minute and make them regular Nike basketball shoes even though mostly everyone knew they were Kobe's sig

Take them outside on your feet and scuff the soles on the rough sidewalk. This is an old baller trick with all shoes. Need to scrape off the fresh-rubber coating.

Wouldn't that just open the outsole to attract more dust? Especially if you're doing it outside?? Man if this works, I might try it on my Kobe 11 Bruce Lees - which I love but can't play in because the traction is absolutely horrendous indoors. It's like I'm playing in hard plastic when I play in them; no grip at all so it's so hard to stop on a dime or play defense.

Wouldn't that just open the outsole to attract more dust? Especially if you're doing it outside?? Man if this works, I might try it on my Kobe 11 Bruce Lees - which I love but can't play in because the traction is absolutely horrendous indoors. It's like I'm playing in hard plastic when I play in them; no grip at all so it's so hard to stop on a dime or play defense.
Apologies in advance for this long post, but ...
No. Nonsense. I'm going to take you back to '92-'94. Yes, I am old LOL.
I have told this story on NT before, with nothing but positive results from the few who have tried it: My HS teammates and I figured this out back then somehow. Every time we got new practice/game shoes, we put them on and walked straight out of school onto the sidewalk and scrapped them back and forth on that same sidewalk.
Sliding around in new shoes is nothing new. It's not about dust, it's about burning the slippery layer of coating off of the rubber. It happens eventually regardless; this is just a quicker way forward. Think about it: Have you ever had SERIOUS traction problems for more than a day or two of runs after you wore them/played in them outside?
It's the same as getting the slippery coating off of a new set of tires for your car.
Put it this way: If it was about dust and dirt, then no one could ever play outside. An indoor bball court is dirty? Try a street or a driveway. How come you don't slide into oblivion in the same way out there after not too long? You just need to chew up the outsoles a bit to get the bite. I have lived this for 25-plus years. No shoe I ever bought was as good traction-wise out of the box as it was two months later.

The points on connection on new shoes are less than a used pair. Yes the soles need to be worn in some way to get the best results. More surface area for friction = more traction

Great post.
The difference is that Jordan said and did nothing to make White people uncomfortable. He married a Black woman not a white woman, and White people admire Jordan's opinion on the homeless, especially white corporate america, the very entity that Jordan connected himself with in order to become successful.
On the other hand Kobe Bryant never said anything about being Black either, did what he could to make white people feel comfortable, but it backfired after Colorado. Jordan used his teammates to shelter him, as he was never seen in public with the BLACK stars of his day. You did not see him with Tupac, Biggie or Diddy. On the other hand, you never heard of Kobe even hanging with his own teammates, so that shelter was not there for him. He chose to be a selfish, insecure prick to everyone. So now his brand isn't as popular as it should be, because of it.

Back
Top Bottom