Nike Zoom Lebron Soldier IV preview (pics) updated: vid w/ more pics

FNL.com has the grey/purple and the white/black/red cw's up. I'm thinking about getting that grey/purple pair. What's the story behind all these zoom soldier Lebrons? I'm a noob to the Lebron line
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Decepticon0

FNL.com has the grey/purple and the white/black/red cw's up. I'm thinking about getting that grey/purple pair. What's the story behind all these zoom soldier Lebrons? I'm a noob to the Lebron line
frown.gif
The Soldier line began as a separate line that Lebron would wear each year during the postseason.  The line is marketed as an outdoor shoe, although there is nothing that really marks the line as more outdoor oriented than any other fully rubber-soled sneaker out there. Nike probably just calls it an outdoor shoe because they realize summer is around the corner from the NBA playoffs, and people are looking to play on asphalt. This past year the Soldiers were usurped by the Zoom Lebron VII PS as the postseason shoe for Lebron.

Also, one could argue that the Zoom 20-5-5 was the true start of the Soldier series, although not in title. Basically, the 20-5-5 is to the Soldier series what the Huarache 2k4/2k5 are to the Kobe numbered line.

Originally Posted by OnlyFootball

Originally Posted by Decepticon0

frown.gif
The Soldier line began as a separate line that Lebron would wear each year during the postseason.  The line is marketed as an outdoor shoe, although there is nothing that really marks the line as more outdoor oriented than any other fully rubber-soled sneaker out there. Nike probably just calls it an outdoor shoe because they realize summer is around the corner from the NBA playoffs, and people are looking to play on asphalt. This past year the Soldiers were usurped by the Zoom Lebron VII PS as the postseason shoe for Lebron.

Also, one could argue that the Zoom 20-5-5 was the true start of the Soldier series, although not in title. Basically, the 20-5-5 is to the Soldier series what the Huarache 2k4/2k5 are to the Kobe numbered line.
They are marketed as outdoor shoes and they really do hold up better than your average Nikes.

That's true, but I feel that that's because your average Nike is pretty poorly constructed. Don't get me wrong, Nike makes some great basketball shoes, but they do tend to fall apart quicker than, say, any of the top brands' elite soccer boots. For instance, my Zoom Kobe I's, Hyperdunks, and Kobe IV's didn't last as long as I thought they should for the money. While they were around I loved them though.

Back to the Soldiers though: I had problems with the upper of my Soldier I getting scuffed and dented from so much toe drag, and the outsole, while holding up longer than my HD's, still wore down on the high pressure zones pretty quickly. If they had a toe guard on the upper, made the outsole out of a more durable rubber compound, and recessed the grooves a bit more, then I would have no problem calling them outdoor shoes. As they are now though, I still consider them relatively indoor. Exceptionally well performing indoor sneakers, but still indoor.

This is all of course just from my experience, so I could just be taking worse care of my Soldiers than other people do.

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

Those soldier 4's are NICE... held them in my hands yesterday.. VERY VERY LIGHT
That good to hear, I'll be getting these since my soldier 3 are done.

watching this USA Basketball showcase I'm mad Nike didn't release the USA Soldier 3 that Chandler is wearing

Has anybody tried these on yet??......... and i kind of like those up there. the question is........... do i wear them with black or red socks?

the only problem i have with the soldier 4s is that cheap looking stitching on the strap... if it was all one solid color, it would make a world of difference.

those PEs are the best ones i've seen so far tho.

Originally Posted by never wear them

the only problem i have with the soldier 4s is that cheap looking stitching on the strap... if it was all one solid color, it would make a world of difference.

those PEs are the best ones i've seen so far tho.
you mean flywire, right? lol

Back
Top Bottom