Nike Zoom Pippen I

Originally Posted by Candied42

The representation by the Nike employee sounds more like marketing.  I specifically remember when these air maxes came out that it was Pippen who had the shoes changed to the zoom air units.  He saw and had worn Jordan's before and was absolutely furious about the Air Max marketing ploy.  They were way too heavy and clunky for his quick and lateral style of play and had demanded that Nike make him a lighter version of the shoe.  Unfortunately, Nike had other ideas on what to sell to the market, those being the days of the crazy full-length visible air soles.  As the story goes, I heard that Pip threatened to leave Nike if they didn't change his game shoe.

As you can probably tell by what i've already posted in this thread, i find that much more convincing.

Interesting article and info..  Definately would be interested in how the non visible air unit compares as far as fit, performance and comfort..  cleary pippen had his mind made up as to what he wanted to wear..

I was just thinking about this other day...

Pippen went from Air Max to Zoom

Lebron went from Zoom to Air Max

Now there goes that thought... Very interesting read, thanks for sharing !

^^ i believe its just appropriate for Bron to go for Air Max because he is heftier and he requires better impact protection. In fairness to Pip, he has a game of his own but his is not as wily and forceful all at the same time as Lebron's. Pip is tall, but he has a leaner frame and he plays a finesse game. On the other hand, Bron is like a guard trapped in a big man's body, so apparently his footwear demands a balance of the technologies designed for small guards and bigs.. But it all goes down to what both these players prefer because they would know best what their playing styles require..

^^ i believe its just appropriate for Bron to go for Air Max because he is heftier and he requires better impact protection. In fairness to Pip, he has a game of his own but his is not as wily and forceful all at the same time as Lebron's. Pip is tall, but he has a leaner frame and he plays a finesse game. On the other hand, Bron is like a guard trapped in a big man's body, so apparently his footwear demands a balance of the technologies designed for small guards and bigs.. But it all goes down to what both these players prefer because they would know best what their playing styles require..
plus the full length bag of pip's day was not nearly as responsive as Bron's full length air bag now.  Brons bag is not as responsive as zoom but compared to the full length bag in the pippens it is head and shoulders above on the responsiveness front. 

Back
Top Bottom