Nike Zoom Rookie - another Penny Hardaway hybrid (August 2011)

Originally Posted by shoemate

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Originally Posted by jrich703

IS THE TANK WEBSITE LEGIT OR FAKE ???

They're legit
that's no true, they are extremly doggy..highly not recommaded...i preorder 3 pairs of shoe from him and never received the shippment.

Really? I had one pair from them and it was fine as well as a few ppl I know. In that case I will take the link down, don't wanna promote them if it's not 100% satisfactory. I know the shoes are all real at least

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Got home and thought I knew what was in the box...... but I was wrong.. it was even better....
Not too many people are going to have this from the creator.... my man

305171_1907777912979_1797753095_1293383_1026751994_n.jpg

Which means a box of Reds are SOON to arrive....

One of the few kicks I'd actually be willing to pay full price for though... and will in plenty of colorways.. Give this man his credit.
pimp.gif

real dope Rock. I need him to hook me up!!!

NWT.... I never ask any of my boys for kicks but they'll drop stuff from time to time... but I do stay on them about different kicks.. and with Dolce I've been asking him to talk to his PLMs about retroing the 2K3s like I was the og designer for years lol

im still pluggin.....

When the Reds come in I'll prolly ask my family to leave so I can walk around the house butt naked with them on in all my glory!!! lol

Very very nice Rock. Wish your man dolce would have dropped in some forefoot zoom in these. Because the design is on point. maybe yours got the forefoot zoom anyways I'm passing, I just cant drop 2 bills for heel only zoom. I look forward to the 2k3s if they release but please remind him they need to keep the full length zoom in. Thanks man

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

retroing the 2K3s

OR

When the Reds come in I'll prolly ask my family to leave so I can walk around the house butt naked with them on in all my glory!!! lol

I don't know which one shocked me more... lol!!!

but the reds are def sick tho. Can't rock those in certain spots in L.A tho... (MacArthur Park) 
laugh.gif
 I wanna live to see a royal blue pair first... no pun intended.

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

Very very nice Rock. Wish your man dolce would have dropped in some forefoot zoom in these. Because the design is on point. maybe yours got the forefoot zoom anyways I'm passing, I just cant drop 2 bills for heel only zoom. I look forward to the 2k3s if they release but please remind him they need to keep the full length zoom in. Thanks man
Yeah I feel ya bruh.... trust me... I dont like seeing ANY of my old loves come out a different way.  I know Im in a different place cause I know I only trust a few kicks to ball in so some kicks im willing to drop a few bills on for me and the kids, but IF they did retro the 2K3s I'd be ballin in em like I was 16 to 25 again.
As for the forefoot zoom...  Im not sure why this didnt have it, as I didnt ask Dolce about Penny not liking it.. Pennys worn ALOT of joints with Full Zoom.. aka the BB1s which I had a pair of his Miami joints

n560480572_3937660_4457.jpg

Thanks buddy....
Any Nike's shipped from the Beav are the BEST Nikes ever... lolol
I know alot of people follow Petrie on Twitter... but if you also want to see the other designer who's under the radar at Nike Working in NSW Sportswear 

Check out: @marcdolce Marc Dolce

You will thank me later... tell him @Rockdeep88 sent ya... never know what you will see.

Originally Posted by tuxedo1208

Must be nice to know ppl in high places...that sketch is dope as hell too
smokin.gif

Yeah... but good thing about dudes on Campus like Petrie and Dolce are they dont regard themselves as those kind of folks.  Down to earth easy going dudes indeed. I do miss being in the Beav though...

ftr, i will not be purchasing from district footwear again. i purchased my binarys on 11/3 and they aren't scheduled to be delivered until 11/16 bc they using that lame #+$ smartpost service from fedex. i'm in MD and the shoes were here in MD, but now they're in WV and i won't get them til 11/16... LAME!!! why not just use priority?? i wish they woulda at least let me know this ahead of time, but of course they wouldn't do that bc they know nobody wants to wait that long and most likely wouldn't buy. for all that i'da just copped on rd for the extra $2.
30t6p3b.gif

lesson learned, won't be copping from there again (especially a GR shoe).

/end rant

Originally Posted by jzza4

29zps85.jpg

More comfortable than Foamposites.

I'm gonna have to dissagree on that, there is a major lack of cushioning in these, especially for a shoe with Zoom in the name that is based of a combination of other shoes that featured zoom tech heavily.  I was really amped to get these as I assumed they would be pretty good for balling in on top of the design which I like quite a bit.  After one run of ballin in them, I definately have a bevy of options that are way better than these are on the court, the retro lwp's i picked up for $70 are much better on court.  This shoe felt very stiff and as I've stated, lacks any noticable cushioning.  Even the supposed heel zoom is hard to tell if it's actually there or not. 

Originally Posted by mildsauce

jzza4 wrote:

29zps85.jpg

More comfortable than Foamposites.

I'm gonna have to dissagree on that, there is a major lack of cushioning in these, especially for a shoe with Zoom in the name that is based of a combination of other shoes that featured zoom tech heavily.  I was really amped to get these as I assumed they would be pretty good for balling in on top of the design which I like quite a bit.  After one run of ballin in them, I definately have a bevy of options that are way better than these are on the court, the retro lwp's i picked up for $70 are much better on court.  This shoe felt very stiff and as I've stated, lacks any noticable cushioning.  Even the supposed heel zoom is hard to tell if it's actually there or not. 

Yeah I disagree also. I wore them all day at a football game, and wasn't impressed with the comfort. The fore foot which has been previously been mentioned, and I can see the cut of the ankle rubbing also.

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

ftr, i will not be purchasing from district footwear again. i purchased my binarys on 11/3 and they aren't scheduled to be delivered until 11/16 bc they using that lame !+* smartpost service from fedex. i'm in MD and the shoes were here in MD, but now they're in WV and i won't get them til 11/16... LAME!!! why not just use priority?? i wish they woulda at least let me know this ahead of time, but of course they wouldn't do that bc they know nobody wants to wait that long and most likely wouldn't buy. for all that i'da just copped on rd for the extra $2.
30t6p3b.gif

/end rant

Thanks for the update

I'm impatient and barely like waiting 4 or 5 days, couldn't do two weeks. I've gotten kicks from overseas quicker than that.

ftr, i will not be purchasing from district footwear again. i purchased my binarys on 11/3 and they aren't scheduled to be delivered until 11/16 bc they using that lame #+$ smartpost service from fedex. i'm in MD and the shoes were here in MD, but now they're in WV and i won't get them til 11/16... LAME!!! why not just use priority?? i wish they woulda at least let me know this ahead of time, but of course they wouldn't do that bc they know nobody wants to wait that long and most likely wouldn't buy. for all that i'da just copped on rd for the extra $2.
30t6p3b.gif

/end rant

yea, i'ma little mad. i mean, why would i buy them 2 weeks early, just to get them AFTER release date?? just to save $2?? no, but lesson learned tho.

probably gonna cop in 2 weeks when i get paid again.     yall think stores will still have them?

Charm.. Im with you bruh... Im glad they were out when I was going to order some for my sons. I would have been SALTY....

I call that runnin the flim flam..

Originally Posted by Magic1978

ftr, i will not be purchasing from district footwear again. i purchased my binarys on 11/3 and they aren't scheduled to be delivered until 11/16 bc they using that lame !+* smartpost service from fedex. i'm in MD and the shoes were here in MD, but now they're in WV and i won't get them til 11/16... LAME!!! why not just use priority?? i wish they woulda at least let me know this ahead of time, but of course they wouldn't do that bc they know nobody wants to wait that long and most likely wouldn't buy. for all that i'da just copped on rd for the extra $2.
30t6p3b.gif

/end rant

Thanks for the update

I'm impatient and barely like waiting 4 or 5 days, couldn't do two weeks. I've gotten kicks from overseas quicker than that.
I ASKED ABOUT THEIR SHIPPING METHOD WHEN I FIRST PLACED MY ORDER.. AS A RESULT THEY CALLED ME UP BEFORE SHIPPING AND ASKED WHICH METHOD I WANTED..I TOLD EM PRIORITY. THEY WERE DELIVERED AT MY MOM'S PLACE YESTERDAY..ILL BE SCOOPING THEM UP TODAY.. SOOOO JUST TO BALANCE IT OUT A BIT, I HAD A BETTER EXPERIENCE WITH THEM. AS A FREQUENT BUYER, I KNOW THE ONLY SHIPPERS THAT USE PRIORITY EXCLUSIVELY ARE NT'ERS IN THE B/S FORUM

Originally Posted by j o 19

30t6p3b.gif

/end rant

Thanks for the update

I ASKED ABOUT THEIR SHIPPING METHOD WHEN I FIRST PLACED MY ORDER.. AS A RESULT THEY CALLED ME UP BEFORE SHIPPING AND ASKED WHICH METHOD I WANTED..I TOLD EM PRIORITY. THEY WERE DELIVERED AT MY MOM'S PLACE YESTERDAY..ILL BE SCOOPING THEM UP TODAY.. SOOOO JUST TO BALANCE IT OUT A BIT, I HAD A BETTER EXPERIENCE WITH THEM. AS A FREQUENT BUYER, I KNOW THE ONLY SHIPPERS THAT USE PRIORITY EXCLUSIVELY ARE NT'ERS IN THE B/S FORUM

A lot of online sites use better shipping than the place Charm ordered from. snailmailing an item in the same state is str8 terrible, tragic, and not caring 1 bit about the customer.

Originally Posted by bigj505

Originally Posted by j o 19

Thanks for the update

A lot of online sites use better shipping than the place Charm ordered from. snailmailing an item in the same state is str8 terrible, tragic, and not caring 1 bit about the customer.
BETTER SHIPPING.. YEAH... PRIORITY.. NOT SO MUCH. 

Back
Top Bottom