Nike Zoom Rookie - another Penny Hardaway hybrid (August 2011)

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

These joints are amazing in person. I'll post pics at some point. Not as comfy as the Red joints.. feel more like all the others. Still pretty on the feet.
How come they aren't as comfy as the all red cw? Did they put better zoom air bags in the PE's rather than the Trident gum sticks in the retail versions?

I wish that one guy would do a dissection post on the Zoom Rookies. As much as I love how they look wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't any zoom in them at all...

i've heard several people speakin on the discomfort of these.

are the insoles just crappy? i have a pair on the way figured i could just swap out the insoles with something more comfortable and problem solved...

would that fix the issue or is there also a problem with the overall fit?

Yeah, if you switch out the insoles you should be fine. There might be some toe rub if you went with your true size. Half size is best IMO.

Originally Posted by JRodski

i've heard several people speakin on the discomfort of these.

are the insoles just crappy? i have a pair on the way figured i could just swap out the insoles with something more comfortable and problem solved...

would that fix the issue or is there also a problem with the overall fit?
To me the insoles are are HORRIBLE! After a about an hour of wear the balls of my feet would hurt. After I changed the insoles everything was good.
The fit of the shoe is just fine. Once you change your insoles you will be alright. Try to wear them for a day or so with the original insoles so you can see
for yourself what we're talking about.
laugh.gif

Yeah, these are pretty uncomfortable, but they are really low to the ground, for those that place a premium on this.

Went to gym today in my Binarys...

Took insole out of my Flightposite II's, felt so damn good.

The days of posite's coming with zoom air insoles 
tired.gif

117wjgk.jpg

The days of full length zoom being the norm! If these shoes had those insoles or full length zoom it'll be a totally different story...

my rookies arrived today.

i've experienced SLIGHT discomfort, but i havent been walkin around in them for hours...

my issue more than anything with these is the arch support. its killin my midfoot and im somewhat flat footed soooo yeahhhh...

joints are crack tho. love how they're not str8 black all over. you can really pick up on the different color shades...

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

tired.gif

117wjgk.jpg
Nice, FP2s have the best insoles. the FP3s, Ultraposites and Lebron IVs are really well-cushioned too, but too thick to put into other sneakers. How are u guys getting these zoom rookies for so cheap? Loved the design, but don't want to pay retail for sneakers I have to put insoles into.

Saw someone wearing the GITDs today at the line for the Cavs IV's. They looked so sexy. They were glowing even out in the sun.

Stuck inside mobile with the Memphis Blues again! It's about frecking time they are finally releasing.
According to MS, they are a PE release so I expect them to be limited, perhaps a QS.
Nevertheless, these are a must have for me.  

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

Nice, FP2s have the best insoles. the FP3s, Ultraposites and Lebron IVs are really well-cushioned too, but too thick to put into other sneakers. How are u guys getting these zoom rookies for so cheap? Loved the design, but don't want to pay retail for sneakers I have to put insoles into.

Keep an eye out for this thread and also the outlet one.

People will report which store has what. Just call and get them shipped.

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

tired.gif

FP1 and FP2 is the same insole lol.

FP3's cant even be removed I think, at least my old pairs I have.

Bron 4's we're thickkkkk. The Ultraflights we're like that too

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

any date on this colorway ^^^^^
Not official yet, mid - august.
Some of the early release sites have em up already so this looks a definite go. 

Bootleggers are cashing in with fake galaxy rookies on ebay.
30t6p3b.gif
They going for more money than all of Nikes general releases.
30t6p3b.gif
All thanks to the customizer who opened up the flood gates.
laugh.gif

Memphis blues will be copped

Back
Top Bottom