Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Ordered the blue fox Zoom Fly from RW -- thanks to the NTer who posted the 10% code.

I typically run in stability shoes but curious to try these out anyway. If anything, I'll throw my insoles in and just throw them in the rotation along with my UBs

Slightly off topic but I saw that you run on road with Saucony. Have you tried the Freedom ISO with the full length EverRun? I wonder which shoe would have the better energy return between those and the Zoom Flys.
Love the honesty.

I run but not in Nike's or Adi, Saucony for the roads and Asics for anywhere else.

These Zoom Fly just look amazing.

Love the honesty.

I run but not in Nike's or Adi, Saucony for the roads and Asics for anywhere else.

My brother works for Nike and admittedly said that many serious runners don't even go for Nike when it comes to shoes.

so has anyone knows major difference besides zoomx cushion and lunarlon cushion on $250 vs $150 model?

100$ for more holes on shoes and "zoomx" cushion

Carbon-infused nylon plate in the Zoom Fly vs. carbon fiber plate in the Zoom Vaporfly. Once you put a carbon-fiber plate on anything, it'll jack that **** up. At least it was like that for soccer shoes with carbon-fiber plates from what I remember, but this was years ago. Turned Mercurials from $200 to $400.

My brother works for Nike and admittedly said that many serious runners don't even go for Nike when it comes to shoes.

Yep, it's a pretty big general consensus, unfortunately.

Lunar_Loner Lunar_Loner - I went to try it on just at first, and TTS is my recommended suggestion as well.

To feed off the try-on process, the shoes feel like a backed Lunarlon cushioning system... meaning the plate keeps the foam basically in lock and prevents your feet from sinking in and pushing in unlike general Lunarlon. The first step will feel really weird, because that'll be the first time you'll feel the shoe rock you forward like a cradle (like someone said earlier, it's a "rocker" motion). Tried it on a treadmill, and I couldn't get the best feel for it, but it does seem like I have to lean a bit more forward and land on the forefoot. Landing on the midfoot wasn't bad at all, and it was okay on the heels.

Slightly off topic but I saw that you run on road with Saucony. Have you tried the Freedom ISO with the full length EverRun? I wonder which shoe would have the better energy return between those and the Zoom Flys.
Yep Freedoms are what I've been using, no idea yet regarding the energy return but one thing I will say is that even after a ton of distance they still feel like they did on their initial outing. Build and materials is off the scale, after 20+ years the best I've used.

Last edited:
so has anyone knows major difference besides zoomx cushion and lunarlon cushion on $250 vs $150 model?

100$ for more holes on shoes and "zoomx" cushion

4% also has the full length carbon fiber plate in between the two layers of ZoomX.

vaporlfy has a carbon infused nylon plate.

Love the honesty.

I do think this perspective is changing, slowly but it's definitely turning a few people. Nike s dedicating plenty of tech into their running shoes to a point where it actually begins with them and kind of trickles down to the other departments like flyknit and new lunar foams.

View media item 2459464
Took these out for their first run, a 5k race. They take a little getting used to and they are firmer than I thought they would be. However, I ran 17:50. 40 seconds faster than a 5k I ran two weeks ago.

I don't think the difference is solely due to the shoes. They definitely help me feel better after as The additional stack height is easier on my Achilles and calves. I'm thinking g of getting a second pair.

had the 11s in my cart, checkout, but I guess wasn't fast enough on bodega

that's that :frown:

Imma pull it off b.
Should be cake
smokin.gif

Thanks for the response, I may go after those for my daily running shoe, I will most likely wait on the zoom flys. They will probably be my 2nd shoe. yorkshire tea yorkshire tea

Last edited:
For those that got these, and tried them on, how did they fit compared to other Nike runners? I'm a size 9.5 in peg 33 and lunaracer/tempo. However, I'm a size 9 in almost every other Nike shoe I own.

sounds like a nice little review here though it looks like he doesn't own the shoe or may have only tried them on

DOA for the ones trying to turn this into a lifestyle shoe. Sounds like they're going to be very disappointed.

Color me bewildered, no, color me staggered these shoes are out there.

Definitely ufckwitable from a lifestyle perspective but boy technically...these want you to fly not run, my God!

Beyond happy that I doubled-up. Thanks again to @rocketsfan for the early TBA link.

Back
Top Bottom