Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

I wonder if we’re to happen, when and how they’ll do a US release.

Last year was limited access to those right before the NYC Marathon. If I’m not mistaken, the elites were released months before in the EU, can’t recall if it was event related (marathon, etc) or just a limited access release via the app, so I wonder if it’s a matter of time before the US sees something.

Crimson Vapofly. Was done at the same time as the Berlin marathon. You had to run 3 miles on the same day as the marathon and record it on the NRC app and you got acess to the shoes by the Nike app.

Why are we not seeing ZoomX foam on more models? This stuff could put Adidas out of business...
From an article on Runners World from December last year:

Nike did confirm that only one factory makes this shoe, adding that since the ZoomX foam and carbon-fiber plate are totally new and unique technologies, they’re complicated to get right. Even so, Nike wouldn’t reveal the size of production runs of either the Elite or the 4%.

I've got 595.3 miles on my Ice Blue pair now. They still feel alright to me. I was planning on retiring them a couple weeks ago, but in WI where I live we've had a lot of April snow and the roads have been full of dirt and melt water. I couldn't bring myself to trash my brand new pair of bright crimsons so I've actually still been wearing these. Still responsive! I'm mostly a mid to forefoot striker. I've 220.3 on a hyper royal pair that I've been exclusively wearing on the treadmill for MP runs and hard long runs, the bottoms still look pristine. So it's the abrasion from the roads that rips the outer coating.

Here's what the Ice Blues currently look like:

IMG_0073.jpg IMG_0074.jpg IMG_0075.jpg IMG_0076.jpg

VERY INTERESTING...

Could you post a picture of the hyper royal? I'm thinking of buying one exclusive for treadmills....

Here you go. It's mostly the rubber that's wearing down. I've worn them for long runs at 7mpm to 6:15mpm, and on steady state runs at 6mpm to 5:40mpm. Nothing else.

IMG_0086.jpg IMG_0087.jpg IMG_0088.jpg IMG_0089.jpg

wow... very very interesting!!! Thanks for sharing!

I thought that ZoomX would be a catastrophe for any ground conditions, even for treadmills, which is why I was also saving mines 4% only for race days.

Regarding the your other 4% shoe that you use on asphalt, do you feel any difference in performance, traction or even in your stride?

wow... very very interesting!!! Thanks for sharing!

I thought that ZoomX would be a catastrophe for any ground conditions, even for treadmills, which is why I was also saving mines 4% only for race days.

Regarding the your other 4% shoe that you use on asphalt, do you feel any difference in performance, traction or even in your stride?

I ran in the VF4 last night for first time (treadmill, too crappy in MI still for 8pm outdoor run). Been using zoom fly previously so not much of a step up in terms of overall feel and transition. Nothing on the soles or heels to speak of after a short 5k. Felt good overall. Definitely lighter that the ZF and a unique feel. Perhaps I could have went half size down from VF size, but the way stock flies took my chances with the 10 1/2. Can't wait to try them outdoors soon.

Thanks everyone for the helpful information, really appreciate the feedback and thoughts expressed daily.

Nike Zoom Fly SP ‘Rage Green’
Launching in-store and online on Thursday 19th April (available online at 8:00AM GMT).
via Foot patrol

螢幕快照 2018-04-19 上午12.00.39.png

Attachments

• 螢幕快照 2018-04-19 上午12.00.39.png
    螢幕快照 2018-04-19 上午12.00.39.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
For those with the Vapor Street, how did you go with sizing. I purchased a pair at my normal size and after wearing a few times I feel like they are too big. I’m looking to send my pair back to Nike for a small size but am unsure if I should downsize 1/2 or a full size. Any thoughts?

if available, just order both half size and full size down and then return the one that doesn't fit

concensus on the streets is that there is no concensus :lol:

you can find 4 people here with the same sizes and could wear 4 different sizes

For those with the Vapor Street, how did you go with sizing. I purchased a pair at my normal size and after wearing a few times I feel like they are too big. I’m looking to send my pair back to Nike for a small size but am unsure if I should downsize 1/2 or a full size. Any thoughts?

I purchased two sizes on the launch day; one TTS and the other 1/2 down. I could’ve gone TTS, but I felt the 1/2 sized down pair fit me best. For me, the 1/2 sized down pair had the same length as my VF and ZF, which are +1/2 my true lol

I have a narrow to normal foot width, so my main focus is the length of the shoe. With that said, the VSFs are longer than most of my shoes.

Just like the new names for this series/style, the sizing is also complicated LOL

Last edited:
Go down half you be good

Just got the volt SPs in and they are amazing. Typically wear a size 13 but went up to a 14 and they fit perfectly

Back
Top Bottom