Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

BC8E3298-1DBB-4E12-9EBB-3F0F9CA2071C.jpeg
Picked up the Peg Turbos today and tried them out at the gym. Pretty comfy, but definitely different ZoomX without the carbon plate like my 4%. It’s a great casual active shoe.
Need some fit pics of these and a comparison with the SP.

Last edited:
BC8E3298-1DBB-4E12-9EBB-3F0F9CA2071C.jpeg
Picked up the Peg Turbos today and tried them out at the gym. Pretty comfy, but definitely different ZoomX without the carbon plate like my 4%. It’s a great casual active shoe.

Isn't the midsole supposed to say "Nike Zoom X"?? Seems like a bunch of these pics from people who got an early pickup of the turbo have just "Zoom X" instead of what all of the marketing shows, "Nike Zoom X". Not that it makes any difference, just curious if maybe there was an initial run produced for wear testers and they're not the same batch that was released today.

Last edited:
Since I missed out on the Turbo I am going to pull the trigger on some Zoom Flys.

Any FNL codes or cupons floating around?

Isn't the midsole supposed to say "Nike Zoom X"?? Seems like a bunch of these pics from people who got an early pickup of the turbo have just "Zoom X" instead of what all of the marketing shows, "Nike Zoom X". Not that it makes any difference, just curious if maybe there was an initial run produced for wear testers and they're not the same batch that was released today.
I believe the ones with Nike Zoom X were just samples.

I usually wear size US10.5 and I like to wear Nike Elite Cushioned socks. Zoom Fly SP(US10.5) is a little tight for me so I change to wear Elite Lightweight socks. To my surprise, that is ok for me.

peg turbos were very nice. that stripe is super bright though. I cant wait for other colorways.

Here’s a short compression comparison video I made earlier today. Really wish the quality of video was better but iphone slow mo capture and a shaking treadmill can only give so much lol.

Picked up a triple black pair of zoom flys at the local outlet w/ the f&f coupon. Not bad for $63! Also picked up a pair of Peg Turbos this morning, but sadly for retail.
57476301-D601-49EE-944A-0D0D51518A85.jpeg
Just got Zoom Vapor Fly for 30% off $89 and tried them on treadmill along with Zoom All Outs, with HIIT running

* Zoom Vapor Fly (non-4%) is heavier than adidas Boost, and is as stable as Boost. No ankle rolling nor instability.

* Zoom Vapor fly has definitely more cushion than adidas Boost as my knee pain did not happen after running in that

* Zoom All Out has a problem for heel-toe transition..... due to toe part being foam, mid foot part being Zoom bag and the Zoom bag Wall is stiff.

* Zoom All Out cushioning is better than Zoom Vapor Fly, as my heel & midfoot lands first..... but inner heel has a rolling motion.

* BTW I have tried Vapormax Plus on treadmill before. Best cushion ever, but lack of lateral support.

Should I return the Zoom All Out in favor of Zoom Fly?

I run both high intensity (5mph & 9mph) and normal jogging (5mph for 50 minutes).
Which sneaker would do the better job?

camarillo outlets had these ZFs and as stated about, extra 30% off with F&F
they also had the blue fox ZFs on the hash wall for $99.99 but noticed that they only had about 20 pairs of size 9.5 and nothing else :lol:
outlet zf 2.jpg
outlet zf 1.jpg

57476301-D601-49EE-944A-0D0D51518A85.jpeg
Just got Zoom Vapor Fly for 30% off $89 and tried them on treadmill along with Zoom All Outs, with HIIT running

* Zoom Vapor Fly (non-4%) is heavier than adidas Boost, and is as stable as Boost. No ankle rolling nor instability.

* Zoom Vapor fly has definitely more cushion than adidas Boost as my knee pain did not happen after running in that

* Zoom All Out has a problem for heel-toe transition..... due to toe part being foam, mid foot part being Zoom bag and the Zoom bag Wall is stiff.

* Zoom All Out cushioning is better than Zoom Vapor Fly, as my heel & midfoot lands first..... but inner heel has a rolling motion.

* BTW I have tried Vapormax Plus on treadmill before. Best cushion ever, but lack of lateral support.

Should I return the Zoom All Out in favor of Zoom Fly?

I run both high intensity (5mph & 9mph) and normal jogging (5mph for 50 minutes).
Which sneaker would do the better job?
Just FYI, they're Zoom Fly, not Vaporfly. People could be confused if you refer to them as Vaporfly.

Hey LA peeps the Nike Plus app has multiple sizes of the Turbos available to reserve at the Grove. I just reserved a size 10.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom