Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Does anyone know a way to watch the Berlin Marathon on demand afterwards? I'm not really willing to stay up till after 3 AM local time to watch it, and it's not available on cable so I can't PVR it

It’s on NBC Sports here, I’ve got Charter Spectrum where I’m at. I haven’t checked but they might have it for on-demand streaming afterwards

Tried on the ZF2 today at the mall. Historically not a fan of flyknit, but these felt pretty good I will admit. Just walking around the store, they are definitely “softer” than the ZF1. Not quite to the VF4 level, but a nice happy medium between the ZF1 and th VF4. I tried same size as the ZF1 and they fit fine. I will definitely pick them up in the near future.

AC89F4A3-D4ED-4D75-99D0-029A76E984E8.jpeg

Like this?

Yep, just like that. I like to pin them on my backside though. You end up with just the top of the gel packet pinned to your shorts once you rip them off. Works really well. I don’t see myself carrying gels any other way. Plus they’re tucked in right on the waistband so they don’t jiggle around either. If you’re wearing compression shorts like I’ve been wearing, there’s really no other option unless you want to carry a fanny or put them in your hat. I’ve seen some people pin them to a racing bib belt too. I would highly recommend the pin approach though.

Got these in today! Seems to fit TTS, but because my running socks are thick, I'm unsure if they're too thick to fit the shoe right, so I may need to aim for 1/2 size up. Waiting for stores to get them in, and then I'll look to either keep my true size or go with the 1/2 size up. I'm not in a rush to exchange if needed since I'm still taking some time off running, but I should be back in it soon!

43794289535_65278da869_b.jpg

By the way, for those who are aware of my rebuilding process, it seems to be getting better. Still feel a little bit, but not as bad as before. I've been doing P90X3 [with some low-impact modifications) and have also been strengthening with those resistance bands exercises for my legs. Dropping about 3 lbs and back to what my weight has been hovering around before for the past 5+ years makes a huge difference. Will be looking into combining my runs with LIIFT4 that my coworker told me about!

8.5 in ER is snug for me, 9 in ZF FK seems a little bit too big. Gonna run with them in a couple days (long run tomorrow, don't think that's the day to try them out on; saving them for my 10x200 day) and decide whether to keep or exchange for an 8.5. Just FYI for people concerned about sizing.

He smashed 86 seconds off of his personal best as well. The safest bet is to say that Kipchoge won't ever break 2:00, but man, I don't know anymore.

You go tts?

I bought my TTS as well as .5 size up, and I’m keeping my TTS. They fit perfectly

Anyone else think the insole on the ZF2’s are slippery? I find my foot sliding because of the insole. But maybe it’s my sock material

By the way, ZF2’s>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ZF1. And it’s not even close. ZF2’s are definitely 100% React foam, whereas the ZF1 is lunar and React. ZF2’s cushioning feels closer to 4% like my VF’s (still not quite but closer)

YES!
My 4% Flyknits in the WR colorway arrived today so happy! My first experience with it i look forward to racing in them! Sizing for me is as in all nike shoes no matter if its flyknit or Mesh a solid us11/eu45 .
I was scared as so many said go up go down and true to size i guess its individual but for me very easily always the same. Excited for the Zoom X and the plate as my body had problems with the OG Zoom Fly which was to stiff and hurt my foot. And after Kipchoge busted the WR in those shoes (gotta be the shoes^^) they are worth even more lol.

Hopefully nobody really thinks that I think Kipchoge only got the Wr because of the shoes....

ZF FK’s arrived today. Just as everyone has noted, definitely can feel the React in these. Not a brick/ as hard as the OG’s

Just wish these came earlier. Went for a run during lunch and would’ve rather these then the VF’s I used

Out of curiosity, anyone in the US order the VF FK’s from that overseas site?

ZF FK’s arrived today. Just as everyone has noted, definitely can feel the React in these. Not a brick/ as hard as the OG’s

Just wish these came earlier. Went for a run during lunch and would’ve rather these then the VF’s I used

I had them in my cart and was checking out until I saw the price conversion.. $345, couldn’t do it. As much as I wanted to order them, it’s hard for me spend so much on a shoe that probably won’t last a very long time.

The firmness of the OG ZF made me a fan. I hope they aren’t Peg Turbo soft... I’m looking forward to your review. Most signs tell me that I’ll be a fan of the ZF2 though lol

Bought my pair yesterday and here are a few thoughts:

Training for the Chi Marathon and used the Pegasus 35 up until now. I realized the engineered mesh is not very breathable for me and the cushioning was too soft. There's some pretty heavy creases on the midsole and almost feels bottomed out at this point. I was planing on getting the Turbos as some in this thread recommended but the cushioning felt almost too soft for my liking. I went to the store and tried on the ZF FK and they felt great. Shortly after I went on a 5 mile short run and they held up nicely.

The first thing I noticed was the flyknit which is very nice and hugs the foot. You could probably run in this shoe without laces lol. This is my first time running in a react cushioned shoe but I love it so far. The transition from the bouncy responsive heel to the CF plate to the toe off is very smooth. As some mentioned, there is somewhat of a learning curve with this shoe. You can actually feel the CF plate and it takes a little time to get used to it. It took me maybe 1.5 miles to get adjusted and get a good feel for the shoe. As far as weight, this was lighter than the Peg35 but i didnt feel as "fast" during my run. Perhaps this will change after more runs.

The only drawback with the Zoom Fly was the heel slippage. I felt very secure in the forefoot, even without flywire. But the heel had a slight slip and im not sure if it was because I was running with thin socks. I plan on wearing a thicker, more cushioned sock on todays run. Hopefully this helps someone that is in limbo with purchasing.

Back
Top Bottom