Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

speaking of shorts, outside of running actual races, i prefer to run in pants

not regular sweatpants but running pants, my go to these days the nike swift

i'm weird like that :lol:

Some candy...

6BAA8811-9C31-4CE8-8879-8374D0B5AAB2.jpeg E14DFDE3-8428-4767-97F3-8575AD6D42E7.jpeg 7E57F228-EC21-4FD5-B8F8-D72EB5B266B5.jpeg 187E4897-3CD2-48E3-AE40-1824EB4F7FB9.jpeg A8D5B9E2-236C-47EA-B1F0-0983FFFF8AC4.jpeg 0EE837A0-2E35-4C52-AB35-6A4C0ACBE1AC.jpeg 06837F54-1083-4BA6-B937-D4B487232F70.jpeg 6AD1FBEA-FD9F-4C10-B7FD-E262F1A0EAE6.jpeg

Can you weigh them vs a DS pair of regular VF?

This.

After I posted yesterday, I realized there were some faults with my weight comparison between the two, one being that the ZF1 has a 150 miles and ZF FK having 12 or so miles. My ZF1's are definitely worn down in the sole and i dont think it was a fair comparison.

I think getz_racer getz_racer does have a DS VF1 pair he can compare to the FK pair if im not mistaken

This.

After I posted yesterday, I realized there were some faults with my weight comparison between the two, one being that the ZF1 has a 150 miles and ZF FK having 12 or so miles. My ZF1's are definitely worn down in the sole and i dont think it was a fair comparison.

I think getz_racer getz_racer does have a DS VF1 pair he can compare to the FK pair if im not mistaken

I don't have any unworn VF1's. But I also don't have a scale that would give me that amount of precision either. They feel pretty much the same weight to me.

Also, a shout out to Runners Point. I bought two pair of these VF FK because that helped offset the high shipping price since they charged the same rate for 1 vs. 2 pairs. Unlike ProDirect who basically throws the Nike box in a plastic bag and gets completely destroyed along the way, Runners Point shipped them in a quality shipping box like RW. Came to my house in new condition. Which is good in case I feel the need to sell a pair down the road!

Also, this CW is on fire! loving the look of the crimson/grey

Last edited:
I don't have any unworn VF1's. But I also don't have a scale that would give me that amount of precision either. They feel pretty much the same weight to me.

Ahh gotcha

Also, a shout out to Runners Point. I bought two pair of these VF FK because that helped offset the high price since they charged the same rate for 1 vs. 2 pairs. Unlike ProDirect who basically throws the Nike box in a plastic bag and gets completely destroyed along the way, Runners Point shipped them in a quality shipping box like RW. Came to my house in new condition. Which is good in case I feel the need to sell a pair down the road!

Also, this CW is on fire! loving the look of the crimson/grey

Whoa, interesting

This weekend, I was able to put a 13-mile run into the Vaporfly 4% Flyknit's that I got last week. I'm prepping for the Chi Marathon and wanted to get a little time in them before the race to make sure that I felt good wearing them on race day.

Overall, the ride is identical to the original version (and it had been a while since I wore a fresh pair..my current training pair has about 150 miles on them, so they are starting to lack the pop) and they felt great, as usual. Nothing new or sensations to get used to, which was a relief.

For the updated flyknit upper, they were nearly identical to the first wear and first run in the Epic React Flyknit, where I initailly doubted my sizing, but after a few miles, I could already tell that the shoes had opened up a bit. I especially felt that the toebox area was more snug than version 1, but again, after my run, I had no doubts that going true to size was the way to go.

Two areas of watchout:

1) The night before I ran, I noticed that the insoles were removable and started to take them out to tuck the sizing tag underneath as I hate how they come up on the inside of the foot...on closer look, they soles are NOT supposed to be removable, I think it was just a lack of glue which made them loose. About 10 miles into my run, I thought that both of my socks had problems and once I got home and took off my shoes, I noticed that both insoles - from about midfoot back - had started becoming crooked in the shoe (identical, but not as bad as Eliud's issue at the 2015 Berlin Marathon). I HAVE to fix this before race day and plan to use shoe glue or gorilla glue to keep them in place.

2) Heel slippage was noticeable for the first mile or two, but to be honest, I had read another review about this being an issue and was a bit more aware than I would usually be. The problem was short-lived and I don't foresee any problems, but I thought I'd share.

Overall, I really love the flyknit update, especially with the one-piece tongue (much softer than V1) and lacing system that extends further over your foot, giving a much more secure feel.

IMG_4853.png

I would like to add that Bret Schoolmeester (Director of Nike running) removed the Sizing tag from my flyprints due to him saying that a onepiece upper does not work with a sizing tag on it so they just put in on the sole so thst they could just rip it off.

I'm guessing they properly want us to rip out the sizing tags on the flyknit zoomfly and 4% judging by the fact it is in the exact same place as it was in the flyprints .

I
I would like to add that Bret Schoolmeester (Director of Nike running) removed the Sizing tag from my flyprints due to him saying that a onepiece upper does not work with a sizing tag on it so they just put in on the sole so thst they could just rip it off.

I'm guessing they properly want us to rip out the sizing tags on the flyknit zoomfly and 4% judging by the fact it is in the exact same place as it was in the flyprints .

Interesting - thanks for sharing that. I wish they'd perforate the tag or something so it's an easy rip. But, now I'm just being nitpicky, lol.

The Nike Zoom Fly SP Gyakusou brings Jun Takahashi's singular artistic detailing to the stretch-woven upper of the running-inspired silhouette. The Nike Lunarlon foam provides lightweight cushioning, while the translucent upper is breathable for everyday wear.

The Nike Zoom Fly SP Gyakusou releases October 4 in limited quantities on nike.com and at select retailers.
NikeZoomFLySP_Gyakusou_original.gif

I normally love the Gyakusou line, but seeing this model actually released has me scratching my head. They must have had a ton of extra SP materials to blow through. Would've loved to have seen Takahashi's take on the ZF FK or the Peg Turbo.

to be fair it just took a while to release, i've seen that crossbones graphic on an sp a couple of months ago iirc, just couldn't tell what's customs these days

CAN guys, did the 4% happen to release today for you? I didnt see anything on the Nike CAN website. Just curious if it came and went as usual.

I don't think so. The ZF FK was supposed to drop in Canada today but I haven't seen it on NDC yet. Maybe I missed it during a meeting this morning though

CAN guys, did the 4% happen to release today for you? I didnt see anything on the Nike CAN website. Just curious if it came and went as usual.

Guessing you mean the ZF FK? (4% drops October 4 IIRC.) Haven't seen anything yet — no SMS, nothing on NDC. Hmm.

Guessing you mean the ZF FK? (4% drops October 4 IIRC.) Haven't seen anything yet — no SMS, nothing on NDC. Hmm.

No, meant the VF 4%

I just read your post from a few pages back, selective reading had me thinking you typed 4% when it clearly said ZK FK :smh::sick: My bad, dont mind me lol

I went on my first run in the Zoom Fly FK last night. Did some warm up and cool down pace on the road as well as some intervals on the track.

Having ordered half a size up initially I decided to go with true to size (US 8,5 in my case) and they fit nice and snug over the top of the foot with enough room for the toes to spread comfortably. I didn’t notice any heel slip either so that half a size made quite a big difference in the end.

Not the most detailed review but at least he weighs them. V2 seems to be about 6 grams lighter. V1 owners can get that back by wearing lighter socks.

I ran a fartlek today in my ZF FKs. I ran this one on the road instead of the trail specifically because I wanted to see how the midsole felt on a harder surface. They are definitely softer than ZF1. Didn't seem like a drastic amount to me, but there's a noticeable difference. I'm still liking the FK upper better too. All of these ZF1s are selling for real cheap and I was debating on grabbing another pair, but I think I'm gonna stick with the FK models going forward.

any difference with the new cf plate?

Not really. Not noticeable to me anyway. The overall ride is pretty similar. A touch softer and a better upper. Nothing game changing going on. I feel like the difference in the softness of full react vs. react+lunarlon is more felt when I'm walking around in them casually, not a whole lot when I'm running. If you're a heel striker, maybe you'll notice more of a difference.

Back
Top Bottom