Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

shouldnt have slept on sp's. if i get zebras this week, may need to seek a trade or resell for a pair

kind of disappointed that the third cushioning system we discussed earlier in this thread is REACT (2017 Hyperdunk/ JB Super.Fly) and thats its only tooled for basketball shoes at the moment.

hopefully they expand the purposes soon and give us more shoes with REACT tech.

I think it'll find it's way to running shoes sooner than later.

They'll probably debut it on a new Lunar Flyknits?

info on the REACT

WHAT IS NIKE REACT?

Nike React is part of Nike’s cushioning revolution, redefining what’s possible with foam and other cushioning platforms — such as Nike Air VaporMax and Nike Zoom Vaporfly 4% featuring ZoomX — to deliver options for every athlete.

Foam can be lightweight. Or it can be resilient. But usually it can’t be both of these things and durable. And that hurdle was the impetus for Nike’s innovation teams, including cushioning experts and chemical engineers, to come together to develop a foam that could offer not just two of those benefits, but all three at once. The result is Nike React, Nike’s latest cushioning innovation and a significant breakthrough in footwear foam.

Nike React is also an example of Nike’s in-house manufacturing ingenuity. Nike fine-tuned the chemistry over hundreds of iterations — using scientific methods to dial in on materials with certain amenable attributes. Think about a cake recipe – the road to Nike React began with testing ingredients to see which composition would yield the perfect outcome. This proprietary foam allows Nike full control over the properties and manufacturing of Nike React, enabling the company to scale the innovation to more athletes and across more sports.

Nike React delivers greater energy return than any other Nike basketball foam tested.

While there are many immediate performance benefits, no sport tests against the three principles of Nike React as fluidly as basketball. The need to shift direction and speed in seamless motion, and to lift off at the blink of an eye pushes a shoe to its limits. Nike React is proven over more than 2,000 hours of basketball testing. It offers a sensation that is as soft and springy as it is squishy and stable. It’s a balance not seen in any other Nike basketball cushioning that will enable athletes to do more and go further.

More precisely, Nike React delivers greater energy return than any other Nike basketball foam tested. Furthermore, it the most durable foam we have tested and use today in basketball. Simply put, the foam reacts swiftly to each step, bouncing back to its original state, ensuring a consistent underfoot feel minute after minute, game after game.

Nike React is first utilized in the Jordan Super.Fly 2017 and the Nike React Hyperdunk 2017, debuted by Draymond Green. Each shoe contains a fully encased full-length Nike React core.

The design process for both basketball shoes was powered by athlete data — how they move, in what direction, and with what force — from the Nike Sports Research Lab. This data is visualized through pressure maps that show exactly where athletes need support and allowing full optimization of cushioning and traction.

I think you're nitpicking a bit.

I mean you don't want them to say that their new product is better than the old?

It's definitely going to be compared to boost (what isn't these days?) but maybe Nike doesn't accomplish what Adidas has done so it's a preemptive defense once those comparisons and complaints starts coming in? What they want to convey is that it is the best foam in Nike's arsenal right now and that sounds pretty good to me (if true).

We don't know the exact specification of the ZoomX and React, ZoomX isn't out yet and React was officially unveiled today.

Have about 30 miles in these so far. Yesterday was a pretty warm day out and went for a quick 3 mile run and midway through I've never had to take off shoes due to them heating up so much on the inside. They were like an oven. Not a breaking point for me but man that sucked.

got the ice blue zoom flys in today and went for a quick run. went TTS like i usually do in pegasus and vomeros and these feel fine. first impressions is that these are super light and have a good stride feel. i guess im so used to the cushioned ride of pegasus and vomeros that i was a little caught off guard by these, but got used to it pretty quickly. looking forward to putting more miles on these this season as my new daily.

View media item 2472273

My SPs came in today. I like my shoes fitting snug so I went TTS and they're perfect.

(same size as FK Racers, AM 1/90/97 and UB 1.0)

Hope this helps.

Got my SPs in as well and i love them.

The midsole is super squishy, and the way the shoe rocks forward during your stride feels like nothing I've ever worn before.

Good or bad, i can't say for sure yet, but it's definitely interesting.

And i can concur, go with your flyknit racer / UB1.0 / GLV size.

Yeah, the weak pound has hit the UK market and that is why they have gone up in price. Adidas have raised the ultra boost price by £10 with the new colourways they realised this month. That's "Brexit" for you [emoji]128528[/emoji]

Any spots sitting on the Blue Fox in a 13? Closest I can find is a 12.5 on Running Warehouse

Finally got to wear my SP's I finally found a shoe more comfortable than ultraboost. They feel like I thought the VaporMax were going to feel. They're awesome best shoe I've probably I've ever worn.

Another weekend wearing nothing but my SP's. They are the comfiest shoes.

So ya'll trying to say the Nike lab version is the most comfortable shoe and not the regular retail version right? How about the regular ZF? I didn't think these would be that comfortable, as I was thinking it was more performance tuned. Can you compare it to LE2? I feel like those are the most comfortable I've had to date never tried UB.

So ya'll trying to say the Nike lab version is the most comfortable shoe and not the regular retail version right? How about the regular ZF? I didn't think these would be that comfortable, as I was thinking it was more performance tuned. Can you compare it to LE2? I feel like those are the most comfortable I've had to date never tried UB.
I don't think there's a significant difference in comfort between the Nikelab and the GR version as the midsole units are the same. In fact the mesh on the GR version might be more comfortable than the synthetic one on the Nikelabs.

Can't wait till a flyknit zoom fly surfaces.

Back
Top Bottom