Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Love that sub 3 idea to purchase! Ya know how I got my last pair? Camped outside Nike NYC the morning before NYC marathon.

Good mix of runners and resellers on line.

I would have rather not waited (since it was lightly raining and marathon weekend).

I think performance base is the way to go if they’re going to continue to sell them in such limited numbers!

Last edited:
anybody complete the Gyakusou Vaporfly 4% challenge within the top 250 and get a notification today to pre order?

I ran and completed the challenge (or so I thought) but didn’t received a notification today...

34C9523A-E029-433E-85CD-89F37A33800A.png
Don't think you're going to struggle getting a pair anyway. Not at £260.

Certain "classes" (race, religion, sex, disability) are afforded protections against discrimination. Someone who doesn't have access to a computer (i.e. impoverished) is not a protected class.
There are more protections in place to help the impoverished then there is protections for classes...poverty trendsends classes which programs are generally put in place for that...as depending on geographically we are talking about, you also address the classes issue...

Minority and sex discrimination is generally an add on or an addition but in those circumstance there is already something in place...

Reason why they couldn't sue is cause all have access.....library's offer free computer access...government actually offers subsidies for improvised people that want computers with free internet access...

This raffle or whatever you want to call it...while we may not agree with it..does provide access...we just don't like it

Last edited:
I just wish they would've come out with another regular, new colorway instead of this Gyakusou non-sense. They are hideous IMO. More like a trendy lifestyle take on a shoe that's meant for performance. I have no interest in that CW.

I just wish they would've come out with another regular, new colorway instead of this Gyakusou non-sense. They are hideous IMO. More like a trendy lifestyle take on a shoe that's meant for performance. I have no interest in that CW.

I agree. Think we'll see another colorway before Boston/London?

The race is 6 weeks away, and I haven't even seen leaked pics of a new colorway.

Just curious....I grabbed a pair of Gyakusou Lunar Epic shields at the outlet a few weeks back for dirt cheap....Was there retail higher then normal LE retail as well?

Could be that it’s a bridge for a more expensive VaporFly 5%

What are we guessing is the retail price of 5%? $350?

And any thoughts on availability? I think it'll be like the first round of OG VF. It sells out in a few hours, and becomes unavailable until the next colorway is released.

i hope not

$250 for a raceday specific shoe is just alright, we've been condition to accept it but ~$200 is where it should have been priced but i did like it that the flyknit upgraded didn't tag an extra few bucks to the retail of the VFs and i really do not want it higher

losing flyknit on the VF5% might be viewed as a downgrade too so upping the price own't make sense and that is why i dont think the pegasus line is going to get flyknit because its going to look like everything would be downhill from there if they decide to go back to mesh

Nike should continue to offer the Vaporfly 4% Flyknit—one colorway at a time—for $250 and also release the 5% generation with Flyknit—same as the Vaporfly Elite—for $350

any tips for first time marathon runner? running Tokyo on sunday! will be wearing my VFF4% that ive been training in. shooting for sub4. fueling tips? water tips? anything!

Whoa, it looks like the Obsidian Vaporfly is back in stock on NDC. So if anybody prefers mesh upper over flyknit, could be a good buying opportunity.

Any idea why this restock is happening??

any tips for first time marathon runner? running Tokyo on sunday! will be wearing my VFF4% that ive been training in. shooting for sub4. fueling tips? water tips? anything!
Stick to your pace and don’t go out to hard! If it’s hot, make sure to get enough water! Enjoy the race!

Whoa, it looks like the Obsidian Vaporfly is back in stock on NDC. So if anybody prefers mesh upper over flyknit, could be a good buying opportunity.

Any idea why this restock is happening??

Couldn't find them til I searched style number (880847-405). That is kinda crazy, a full run..

Bring fuel 4-5 gu’s or gel’s (even if you didn’t practice with it). Take water / Gatorade often.

Can’t start a marathon too slow. Later mike legs will thank you.

be on the cautious side for that restock

They did that years ago to me with a pair of black/grey FKR's and two days later I got notified that order was being cancelled.

I'd say give it a try. Just keep it in the back of your mind that this may be a glitch

if any regulars in this thread looking to buy, I got a bday coupon I'm not using

send me a PM

Back
Top Bottom