Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

My cousins first run in the Ekiden 4% ouch
0F664B22-F706-43C3-A9ED-ED9BD8171B97.jpeg
9B954F9E-7B54-454E-8856-F266B2A3BEAD.jpeg

Before the VF my go to shoe was Lunarepics...I think I may have 5-6 pairs with 200 miles each...ran 3 marathons in one pair...

The speed and recovery are just a lot better in the VF and the ZF is a stiffer version but is still a speedier shoe then the Lunarepics...but they are my go to shoe..

I've also got about 175 miles on the Vaporstreets and honestly...for recovery runs....they are awesome....love them as well

Thank you

E9D3B416-3DCB-4E35-AF16-CA83BD4A257E.jpeg

These arrived today so I took them for a quick run. I really enjoyed them. The upper is nice and the midsole feels a lot better than the prior version. Kofuzi said he thought this version was the closest to the VF and I agree. Looking forward to more miles in these.

My cousins first run in the Ekiden 4% ouch
0F664B22-F706-43C3-A9ED-ED9BD8171B97.jpeg
9B954F9E-7B54-454E-8856-F266B2A3BEAD.jpeg

Your cousin definitely heel strikes, but I believe something happen with the quality of the 4% with this shoe. You can also see alot of damage at the area where Nike added a material change at the extremes of the heel.

I have a pair of the Bright Crimson 4%, ran a few training runs, NYC Marathon + a few 5Ks (50-60 Miles Total). The sole definitely looks used but not bad.

I ran One Half Marathon in my Ekiden 4% and the sole actually looks worst than my Bright Crimson. I will upload some images when i get home.

With that said, something had to happen with the quality of the sole (Zoom X) for the Ekiden 4%, that Nike fixed in the Next%, Im curious to see a few wear images of the Next%.

i think its better to just bring some protein bars or trail mix to munch on during runs than the delicious and soft and chewy midsoles of the VFN%

Your cousin definitely heel strikes, but I believe something happen with the quality of the 4% with this shoe. You can also see alot of damage at the area where Nike added a material change at the extremes of the heel.

I have a pair of the Bright Crimson 4%, ran a few training runs, NYC Marathon + a few 5Ks (50-60 Miles Total). The sole definitely looks used but not bad.

I ran One Half Marathon in my Ekiden 4% and the sole actually looks worst than my Bright Crimson. I will upload some images when i get home.

With that said, something had to happen with the quality of the sole (Zoom X) for the Ekiden 4%, that Nike fixed in the Next%, Im curious to see a few wear images of the Next%.

hmm... I've worn bright crimson, deep royal, and ekiden and I didn't notice any difference in wear patterns. All three had around 160-175 miles at the time the pics were taken. Some zoomx has worn away but it's mostly just the paint. What type of surface was he running on?

Attachments

• IMG_5387.jpg
    IMG_5387.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0222.jpg
    IMG_0222.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3615.jpg
    IMG_3615.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 22
hmm... I've worn bright crimson, deep royal, and ekiden and I didn't notice any difference in wear patterns. All three had around 160-175 miles at the time the pics were taken. Some zoomx has worn away but it's mostly just the paint. What type of surface was he running on?
You have slight heel drag compare to his extreme heel striking, I wonder how his knees holding up

Only just recently started wearing the Flynit 4%...on the track. One shoe is shredded on the bottom, the other one is fine. MVIMG_20190707_111717.jpg

Would love a pair - can't find a 14 for a low price anywhere ..thanks alot

Size 10.5 was the largest at SL. I recall seeing three of them in that size. I saw some Deep Royal VF2s but for retail as well ($75 off with the F&F).

Came up on two ZF3s, a pair of Vom14s and two pairs of NR socks for about $225 today with the F&F. :smile:

Before the F&F,

Vom14s were $85
ZF3 were $95
Gyakusou ZF SPs were $115

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom