Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

The other day, I happened to find these at the Clearance store in San Leandro for $55.00. They also happened to be my size 11. I tried on the shoes a half size bigger but I didn't like the way the shoe wrapped around my foot.

A little bit about me, I run 15-25 miles a week. My mile pace is around 7:30. Currently, I've been running in the Zoom Elite 9 and the Vomero 12.

I've only put in about 5 miles, still breaking them in, but I like what I've seen so far. I was able to run one mile under 6:30. As mentioned earlier the shoes do force you to run more of a midfoot/forefoot striker.

I definitely recommend the shoes too.

Last edited:
lol I know. I was using NT lingo i.e. pear instead of pair, no ragrets instead of no regrets etc.

OH, HAHA. Didn't know that; my bad!

In other news... this happened after my Sunday morning run. Yikes! Not exactly sure whether this is something worth bringing up to Nike after 20-ish miles of running since I've seen this type of stuff happen to others although no one has faced a good cm worth of a rip.

36229293313_65dfd365c6_c.jpg

The other day, I happened to find these at the Clearance store in San Leandro, for $55.00. They also happened to be my size 11. I tried on the shoes a half size bigger but I didn't like the way the shoe wrapped around my foot.

A little bit about me, I run 15-25 miles a week. My mile pace is around 7:30. Currently, I've been running in the Zoom Elite 9 and the Vomero 12.

I've only put in about 5 miles, still breaking them in, but I like what I've seen so far. I was able to run one mile under 6:30. As mentioned earlier the shoes do force you to run more of a midfoot/forefoot striker.

I definitely recommend the shoes too.

That's a steal for the Zoom Fly! I have yet to try either one of them on... but I have repeatedly heard and read positive reviews for both.

In other news... this happened after my Sunday morning run. Yikes! Not exactly sure whether this is something worth bringing up to Nike after 20-ish miles of running since I've seen this type of stuff happen to others although no one has faced a good cm worth of a rip.

I'd notify Nike ASAP. They will request that you mail them in and after an inspection of the shoe they will most likely give you a gift card.

I'd definitely talk to Nike about a piece of rubber chipping off, if it was just paint then I probably wouldn't worry outright but if it's a chunk falling off after 20 miles, I'd certainly take it up with the swoosh.

Saw that SR review on the ZFs, somewhat surprised at the score, I thought it'd be higher but I am not really sure who is reviewing the shoes at SR these days.

Here's an overly positive review of the VFs: http://www.runningshoesguru.com/2017/08/nike-zoom-vaporfly-4-review/

I do agree that if you're a person who already does several half and full marathons that could cost a few hundreds each, a $250 investment isn't so bad (as long as it isn't cracking apart after a few miles)

OUR VERDICT

Simply put, Nike has designed the greatest marathon racing shoe in history. The Vaporfly 4% is the culmination of a great deal of design research by Nike for the Breaking2 project.

If you're willing to pay almost $300 to get into a major marathon, as well as travel expenses, having the absolute best shoe on your foot for the distance shouldn't be an afterthought.

Although its pricey, this is a great investment in your next marathon PR for serious runners.

PROS
  • Incredible cushioning to weight ratio with new ZoomX foam.
  • One piece mesh upper absolutely forms to the foot without hotspots.
  • I REALLY think this shoe makes you a bit faster. Like 4% faster and more efficient.
  • High stack height never felt unstable or slow.
  • This is the best racing flat ever designed.

CONS
  • None. You could complain about the $250 price tag, but every racing flat going forward will try and emulate this shoe.

I have ~6 miles on my Zoom Vaporfly's and while it's not as drastic as your pictures, I do have some spots where the paint is starting to come off. I bought from Running Warehouse and will be reaching out to them if my problem continues, as they have a 90-day return window (for new and used shoes). Bummer to see after dropping $250.

I have ~6 miles on my Zoom Vaporfly's and while it's not as drastic as your pictures, I do have some spots where the paint is starting to come off. I bought from Running Warehouse and will be reaching out to them if my problem continues, as they have a 90-day return window (for new and used shoes). Bummer to see after dropping $250.

The pictures I've seen of this type of wear with little mileage are all heel wear. You need to remember these are geared to forefoot striking as that is where the majority of the rubber on the sole is located.

I'm sure you could return them but you will likely run into the same problem with another pair. Your best bet would be to try and transition to a forefoot foot strike and you should get better life out of your pair.

Nike should have extended that black rubber part all the way to the edge of the heel just like the forefoot/toe part.

I don't think that would affect the performance much if at all and it would make the sole more durable since those areas tend to be dragged more.

Thanks, rfx45 rfx45 , ZoomXRunner ZoomXRunner , and magic872 magic872 !

See... this is why I never want to order from Eastbay, and Foot Locker Inc. Of course they won't take that **** back. I've had my fair share of issues where I've had defects, and I learned that buying straight from the source is the best option. Well, no full end to this, but it is likely that I can get a Nike gift card out of it. Alternatively, I can just live with it as it seems like it's been prone to happen.

while I didn't run in the SP, they do not feel that stiff since they are pretty thin

those collabs are eh

bright crimsons
nike-zoom-fly-bright-crimson-880848-614-01.jpg

nike-zoom-fly-bright-crimson-880848-614-02.jpg

nike-zoom-fly-bright-crimson-880848-614-07.jpg

Back
Top Bottom