Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

I haven’t bought an Epic or Infinity in a minute so I’d definitely buy that color way. But Invincibles. Nah. That shoe needs a retooling IMO or reduction in price.

I like the new upper on Invincible 2. When the price is right, I'll scoop.

Was excited when he talked about ZF4, but no pics :frown:. He's right about heel slipping on ZF3. Hopefully they are good looking.

No more Tempo Next%?

TLDR: Vid shows images of the invincible 2 and Infinity 3. Both are upper changes only. The rest of the vid talks through changes of other models without any images.
Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 10.30.38 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 10.30.55 AM.png

That multicolor is weak. Figured both changes would be upper only but still a bit disappointed. The Pegasus Pro should be nice

That multicolor is weak. Figured both changes would be upper only but still a bit disappointed. The Pegasus Pro should be nice
I thought we would see more of an overhaul for the Infinity. This will be the same midsole for three consecutive years.

I thought we would see more of an overhaul for the Infinity. This will be the same midsole for three consecutive years.

Same. Hopefully it means that they've reached the limit of what they can do with react so Nike will introduce a improved foam. As much as I Enjoyed react the first two years, it has gotten a bit stale.

They’re also super heavy. And besides the soft ride…there’s nothing spectacular about them. Especially for $180. IMO

I’ve seen posts gleeful about Pegasus or Infinity discounts. I’d recommend folks get those on discount. $100 if possible.

For casual and running; I like the infinity runs (1 or 2) better than the Invincible. Imo, ZoomX cushion is only good with a plate, but terrible without.

I went hiking with the Invincibles the other day. Probably 10 miles. Obviously there are better shoes for hiking (rugged, ankle protection, etc) but the ZoomX was definitely soft. My feet only hurt a little afterward (considering I wasn’t conditioned for it).

It’s not a bad shoe. I just think it’s too expensive and Nike already makes a shoe for practically the same purpose. Competition is also fierce in the running shoe segment now. Around the time of the ER1, VF, Pegasus, Peg Turbo…Nike was definitely
Leading in innovation and tech but NB, Saucony, Adidas, etc have all caught up.

I hope the $300 price tag on the Gyakusou VFNs will repel most potential consumers away :emoji_laughing:

Last edited:
really enjoying the Next 2.0... gotta say i prefer these to vaporflys. prefer the lacing on these, vs slip on then lace. and also find them a little more stable

Back
Top Bottom